Underrated Characters

eyeheartsansa

Aeron Damphair.

I've come to really appreciate him - his sincerity and his dedication to the Drowned God, and trying really hard to pick the right king. I wouldn't want to have a beer with him or anything. It's weird- he's far from likeable but I like him. I may be the only one!

A huge part of his is John Lee's reading of his voice on the Audiobook. It's really really good.

Devan Lannister. I think there may be more action around him - slaughter at his wedding to the Frey girl he has to marry is the suspicion. But he seems a decent character, doomed because there will be vengeance against the Lannisters. Unless, of course, the Others break free and invade the south with the advance of winter, and all the seven kingdoms have to set aside enmity to battle a common foe.

Littlefinger has been underrated by all the other players for a long time… We readers know he is not to be misjudged, but Ned and Tyrion paid for that mistake, and I’m sure they won’t be the last ones.

Aeron Damphair.

I've come to really appreciate him - his sincerity and his dedication to the Drowned God, and trying really hard to pick the right king. I wouldn't want to have a beer with him or anything. It's weird- he's far from likeable but I like him. I may be the only one!

A huge part of his is John Lee's reading of his voice on the Audiobook. It's really really good.

You're not the only one! He's an idiot, but I loved his POV's. Especially the first one in aFfC.

Devan Lannister. I think there may be more action around him - slaughter at his wedding to the Frey girl he has to marry is the suspicion. But he seems a decent character, doomed because there will be vengeance against the Lannisters. Unless, of course, the Others break free and invade the south with the advance of winter, and all the seven kingdoms have to set aside enmity to battle a common foe.

I think jaime will prevent the massacre by helping the BWB

He realizes it; he just has no other options.

maybe so. Illyrio fascinates me because we still don't really know what his endgame is. We have some good theories, but he seems like a pretty major wildcard.

It's also interesting how Barristan seemed to be in his pocket. I was noticing in my reread of ASOS just how eager he was to get Danny back to Pentos.

Willas Tyrell! Cersei thinks he is both a cripple and an idiot and lots of people seem to think he must be a younger Mace Tyrell, i.e a blustering fool, but lame. Everything we have heard of Willas so far though (barring Cersei being daft about it) is that he's considerate, kind, clever and forgiving.

Archived