What happens when Arya finds out her imposter is married to Ramsay?

WolveseatDragons

I think it would be a really good twist

if Arya kills Jeyne and replaces her, so we have Arya pretending to be Jeyne, pretending to be Arya. The trouble is, Arya knows Jeyne, so this would be breaking of FM rules. Of course, it doesn't have to matter if Arya goes renegade.

Those rules are clearly meaningless. I think the faceless men have their task of dispensing the gift of the many faced god. But they also engage in espionage and brought the doom to Valyria. So clearly they're stealing and precision strikes only applies to granting of the gift upon request. After all I don't think Leo Tyrell hired the faceless men to off Spotted Pate.

yeah when i say "they" i mean the organization.

They are not. No more than when she was called Weasel or Arry. Did Yoren change her identity by cutting her hair?

I wasn't talking about cutting hair. It's her wants and goals that matter. As do her definining characteristics such as her willfulness, pride, etc. She'll have to change and give up everything she hopes to achieve if she wants to be one of them.

Who she is.

Yes, that's what I was saying. It's the outward appearance that matters.

Wait a minute. How do you know that she's not a field agent? Why the fuck is she learning the common tongue? Why is she taught the same techniques of deception?

Based on what we've seen so far, the Waif seems to a permanent part of the staff at the temple in charge of poisons, but you're right, I don't know that she's not a field agent. As for her learning the common tongue, hey, knowledge is power, something the FM seem to know very well.

I wasn't talking about cutting hair. It's her wants and goals that matter. As do her definining characteristics such as her willfulness, pride, etc. She'll have to change and give up everything she hopes to achieve if she wants to be one of them.

Arya is a lot of thing and not all of them good, but I wouldn't describe her as proud.

Arya is a lot of thing and not all of them good, but I wouldn't describe her as proud.

Not especially, but she was a proud member of House Stark. Something she'll have to give up having any claim to if she's to become one of them.

No she doesn't she just needs them to not be able to tell whether she posses them or not. If they do their job correctly training her there's nothing to stop her from walking out the front door and they just never hear from her again.

Your outward appearance is not who you are.

Based on what we've seen so far, the Waif seems to a permanent part of the staff at the temple in charge of poisons, but you're right, I don't know that she's not a field agent. As for her learning the common tongue, hey, knowledge is power, something the FM seem to know very well.

I don't think we've seen anything to indicate that. All we know is that for the limited time Arya has been there so has the Waif.

Also don't you watch game of thrones? Power is power :rolleyes: .

I don't think we've seen anything to indicate that. All we know is that for the limited time Arya has been there so has the Waif.

Also don't you watch game of thrones? Power is power :rolleyes: .

Watch it? No. When I really like a book, or books, I tend to get annoyed by adaptations. I still haven't forgiven Peter Jackson for "Return of the King."

As for "power is power," the FM have that too, and I'd say that's why Arya's hanging in there.

No she doesn't she just needs them to not be able to tell whether she posses them or not. If they do their job correctly training her there's nothing to stop her from walking out the front door and they just never hear from her again.

The FM haven't built their reputation on people who learn their secrets and then walk out on them. Of course she could just up and ditch them after they send her on assignment somewhere, but that doesn't mean there won't be any reprisals.

Your outward appearance is not who you are.

No, not completely, but in order to project that appearance they need to put behind them most aspects of their former selves. And that's what they're training her to do. The whole point of the FM is to become no one in order for them to become anyone. To do that would certainly change who you are.

The FM haven't built their reputation on people who learn their secrets and then walk out on them. Of course she could just up and ditch them after they send her on assignment somewhere, but that doesn't mean there won't be any reprisals.

that why I think she will use the third wish to kill "no one"(why else would J'agen wanted her tu "unsay it" if it didn't mean the end of all the FM?)

I'm thinking that even if they train her properly, they still have a significant advantage when it comes to tracking her. And I'm pretty sure they'd want to.

I just don't see their organization as one you get to walk away from, holding their secrets.

I am quite interested to see her reaction to this news, she will recognize Jeyne if she actually meets her, I think she would try and talk to her first before killing her. I'm also interested in Sansas reaction to this as well.

Aryas situation differs from that of the waif. She became a FM as a part of the payment for her Stepmothers death or so she says. Arya is under no obligation or debt to FM that I know of. She may owe a debt to the captian and his family who brought her to the temple. I'm not sure what kind of obligation her training would put her under. It would be interesting to know if Prince Oberyn or any of his daughters has been trained by the FM or how common training with them is amongst the other nobles of Westeros. Oberyn was very distraugth by the murder and rape of his sister and he was in Bravos to sign the treaty with Darry so he may have turned to the FM for a time.

1) How do you know? How would anyone know if someone left? 2) Why would anyone want to quit a guild of magical ninja assassins? Just because people don't chose to leave doesn't mean they can't

No, not completely, but in order to project that appearance they need to put behind them most aspects of their former selves. And that's what they're training her to do. The whole point of the FM is to become no one in order for them to become anyone. To do that would certainly change who you are.
No they don't. in order to project that appearance they need to project that appearance. Everything else you just made up. All we know is that they're training her to change her appearance.

Now if you include your assumption that the Waif isn't a faceless man, then you can get there. But there's no evidence of that either.

I'm thinking that even if they train her properly, they still have a significant advantage when it comes to tracking her. And I'm pretty sure they'd want to.

I just don't see their organization as one you get to walk away from, holding their secrets.

They have offered to show her the door many times. They have now only grudgingly admitted that she might not be useless after all. She is an Acoylte in the temple and I'm sure she would swear to keep their secrets and they would be able to tell if she is lying. As far as I can see she is under no obligation to them like the Waif but who really knows.

They have offered to show her the door many times. They have now only grudgingly admitted that she might not be useless after all. She is an Acoylte in the temple and I'm sure she would swear to keep their secrets and they would be able to tell if she is lying. As far as I can see she is under no obligation to them like the Waif but who really knows.

I don't think the Waif is under any obligation to them.

that why I think she will use the third wish to kill "no one"(why else would J'agen wanted her tu "unsay it" if it didn't mean the end of all the FM?)

uh... because he didn't want to kill himself? are we reading the same books?

“By all the gods of sea and air, and even him of fire, I swear it.” He placed a hand in the mouth of the weirwood. “By the seven new gods and the old gods beyond count, I swear it.”

He has sworn. “Even if I named the king.”

“Speak the name, and death will come. On the morrow, at the turn of the moon, a year from this day, it will come. A man does not fly like a bird, but one foot moves and then another and one day a man is there, and a king dies.” He knelt beside her, so they were face-to-face, “A girl whispers if she fears to speak aloud. Whisper it now. Is it Joffrey?”

Arya put her lips to his ear. “It’s Jaqen H’ghar.”

Even in the burning barn, with walls of flame towering all around and him in chains, he had not seemed so distraught as he did now. “A girl... she makes a jest.”

“You swore. The gods heard you swear.”

“The gods did hear,” There was a knife in his hand suddenly, its blade thin as her little finger. Whether it was meant

Archived