(book spoilers) Rhaegar's story

AndersPyke

Any thoughts on how Rhaegar and his story (story that may or may not play a big part in one of the major characters of the series, depending on the outcome of that storyline) will be told?

Will it be purly third-party characters recounting the days leading up to Roberts Rebellion? or will it feature as flashbacks?

This thread is purely for speculation, And I created it to see how people on this forum want's it done

• 3 weeks later...

At some point Lyanna Stark's story will have to come into play and then Rhaegar's story will be told. I keep hoping that somehow Dany's past will feature Rhaegar because he is her brother, but that doesn't happen until book 5---epecially if Aegon (the 6th of his name? can't remember at this moment) becomes a major player. I doubt he will, but Aegon is said to be Rhaegar's son and I think that's Lyanna's son as well. (I know I may be the only one who believes the latter but that's ok, hopefully I won't be beheaded for that lol)

Nice to speculate though.

and I think that's Lyanna's son as well. (I know I may be the only one who believes the latter but that's ok, hopefully I won't be beheaded for that lol)

Dont think the timeline fits here! ^^

I think the series has to build up to R and L gradually. There has hardly been any mention of them so far, and it will be weird if they're dumped on the viewers all of a sudden. (Has Dany been shown to think about Rhaegar in the TV series at all? I don't recall)

A good place to fit in Rhaegar (and Aerys) would be as part of the Arstan-Dany conversations, basically Arstan/Barristan remembering his time serving the Targaryens, just like in the book.

Lyanna is tricky because other than Ned and Robert, no one is shown to have memories of/with her; and they're both gone now. She may be shown in reminiscences of someone who attended the tourney at harrenhall.

Actually Barristan could talk to Dany about both, because he was at the tourney at harrenhall too.

I think the series has to build up to R and L gradually. There has hardly been any mention of them so far, and it will be weird if they're dumped on the viewers all of a sudden. (Has Dany been shown to think about Rhaegar in the TV series at all? I don't recall)

A good place to fit in Rhaegar (and Aerys) would be as part of the Arstan-Dany conversations, basically Arstan/Barristan remembering his time serving the Targaryens, just like in the book.

Lyanna is tricky because other than Ned and Robert, no one is shown to have memories of/with her; and they're both gone now. She may be shown in reminiscences of someone who attended the tourney at harrenhall.

Actually Barristan could talk to Dany about both, because he was at the tourney at harrenhall too.

I think that would be best, since they don't do flashbacks and stuff. And more screentime for Barristan is always great.

At some point Lyanna Stark's story will have to come into play and then Rhaegar's story will be told. I keep hoping that somehow Dany's past will feature Rhaegar because he is her brother, but that doesn't happen until book 5---epecially if Aegon (the 6th of his name? can't remember at this moment) becomes a major player. I doubt he will, but Aegon is said to be Rhaegar's son and I think that's Lyanna's son as well. (I know I may be the only one who believes the latter but that's ok, hopefully I won't be beheaded for that lol)

Nice to speculate though.e

I actually think Aegon being Rhaegar and Lyannas son is possible. My theory is that he and Jon are twins. Jon had the Stark look and was sent with Ned and Aegon had the Targ look and was sent with Ashara Dayne (Lemore) to Essos.

I actually think Aegon being Rhaegar and Lyannas son is possible. My theory is that he and Jon are twins. Jon had the Stark look and was sent with Ned and Aegon had the Targ look and was sent with Ashara Dayne (Lemore) to Essos.

That's interesting. It should simplify things, for sure. Jon and Aegon wouldn't end up enemies (given that Jon IS Rhaegar's son and he survives this Julius Caesar assassination of the Night's Watch). BUT the guy, Aegon, thinks he's Elia and Rhaegar's son. And Jon has no idea of anything at all. So someone will come and tell them, Hey, you are twins and they'll be like Okay, bro, let's go and gang up with Auntie Dany and burn Westerosi asses? I doubt so.

Anyway, genetics. It all comes down to biology in the end. What is the chance that Jon and Aegon are twins while one has black hair and the other silver blond? Not much. And GRRM has always paid attention to biology, because Ned Stark found out about Joffrey's birth through genetics. He checked that golden hair- black hair parents from House Baratheon never produced golden hair kids. Dark is always dominant. ALSO, Rhaegar's daughter, from Elia, sweet little Rhaenys, my evergreen favorite, the one I named a puppy after, had the Martell look (dark hair, like Elia), so how comes Aegon is silver blond? Also, Jon Snow. If he is Rhaegar's son from Lyanna, dark haired Stark genes win over silver haired Targaryen genes, so how can Aegon be silver blond? Anyway, if he's really Aegon IV as in Prince Rhaegar and Princess Elia's son than he'll never accept Jon Snow (bastard born half-brother). So either of them must get out of the picture. Ways for that:

A) They weren't actually fathered by Rhaegar, neither of them and Queen Dany will rule (if she'll be so kind as to fly her ass to Westeros)

B) Aegon is fake and Jon and Daenerys will rule.

C) Aegon will die taking Dragonstone and Jon and Daenerys will rule.

D) Jon will die after being stabbed at the Wall and even if he WAS Rhaegar and Lyanna's son, Aegon and Daenerys will rule.

E) Jon and Aegon will be good bros and there you have the three heads of the dragon.

F) All of them will die and VARYS will rule Westeros with his little birds.

Another matter, what will Doran Martell say to all of that? If this Aegon is Lyanna's son. We never got any information on what the Dornishmen thought of the whole Lyanna Rhaegar story. (Aerys feared a Dornish betrayal, but that never happened and we know Aerys feared everything. Also they are Targaryen supporters ever since Elia and Rhaegar married) Will Doran support the Targaryens anyway? Will he support Daenerys after she refused Quentyn and he died?

A little about the topic, before I get moderated:

Rhaegar and Lyanna should be included as memories of Barristan Selmy. There's no other way. We don't have Reeds, we don't have Ned, we don't have Benjen. Not even Robert. So we know what we know so far, First Season, Bran and Osha in the crypts, Ned and Robert in the crypts, Ned and Robert on the hunt. The actual facts.

Archived