A Cersei Celebration!

BabyMeraxes

ha! I'd forgotten about this. So is Stannis getting a brand spankin' new navy?

It would come at the most opportune moment, since Sallador Sahn basically turned tail and decided to run. Although I don't know if a navy will be much good to Stannis if he stays stuck in the North, maybe if he plans a nautical assault on King's Landing or the ironborn. Kicking some ironborn ass (again) will definitely help curry favor with the North.

Since you reminded me of Joff, her love for him also made me hate her.

I mean she doesn't even try to hide her hypocrisy. In ACoK, she blames Sansa for praying for Joffrey's death. When Sansa says something like "No, I love him, he's my king," then Cersei scoffs and replies "Oh yes, because he has treated you so nicely?" (Paraphrasing). So she basically admits Joffrey is an evil monster, does NOTHING about it, then gets angry at Sansa for resenting being beaten up and humiliated. I think she deserves the Walk of shame, especially since she did nothing to stop Sansa from being humiliated.

:cheers: I agree. I loved her walk it was her shining moment for me, although, she deserves so much worse. I only hate that poor Myrcella and Tommen will have to die for her to be broken.

I can't hate Cersei when there are truly evil people in these books like Ramsay. Now that guy I can't stand him.

See it's the opposite for me. People like Gregor and Ramsay are so evil and animalistic that I want to see them put down, but I can't hate them on a personal level because they're so... irredeemable and one-dimensional. Cersei is a fleshed out human being I can actually dislike for human reasons, not because she's a demon dressed up as a man,

My favorite LOL Cersei moment was when she refuses to acknowledge that she's getting fat. She blames in on her serving girl, the washerwoman for shrinking her clothes, everything except that she's getting old and that she's wining and dining a whole lot or that she's preggers from all those sexual favors she's given without even using moon tea afterwards.

Laughed. So. Freaking. Loud.

How could I forget? She gave a navy to Aurane Waters because he looked like Rhaegar, and he sailed it away! Bwahahahahaaaaaaa!!!

one of my favourite moments in the entire series. the best part was how she credited herself with being such a genius right before this. then you could almost see waters' face smiling as he watched his new fleet sailing away.

Also "I love you, I love you, I love you". As weird and uneven her relationship with Jaime was, these words were true.

No, she loved Jaime just as long as he was her perfect twin, did what she wanted, and was ready to dig her out of whatever holes she dug for herself. Three "I love you"s ring a little false when she'd told her twin that his stump disgusted her, and sent him away to the Riverlands 'to serve the king' when he wouldn't behave like a good little pet any more.

Cersei is a fascinating character, simply because she is so ambitious, so keen to be a player in the game, and gets it all so disastrously wrong. I don't like her as a person, but I find her character fascinating, and love the way GRRM has written her gradual descent into paranoia and self-defeat. I love her POV chapters, because she is so increasingly self-delusional about her role and importance.

How long will it take for the Cersei sympathizers to ruin this thread?

Don't worry, even Cersei Sympathizers recognize she's horrible! We feel for her, not because she deserves it, but because she has the most to lose of anyone in Westeros, and she's going to lose it all because of her own stupidity.

And my favorite (?) moment of Cersei douchebaggery is the killing of Lady, because it's so unfair and cruel to Sansa, whom she professes to like. Everything else she does is based on paranoia and fear, but this is just deliberately mean.

Like many others, I looked forward to Cersei's chapters as well, and even thought it did make me sympathise with her more (especially the Walk of Shame) the main thing you retain is that power is hard to keep and that ruling is difficult. Especially if you, like Cersei, are in an extremely lonely and exposed position where you've just been through some horrendously stressful and harrowing experiences (Tywin and Joff's deaths). And she's deluding herself all the time. Plus it's obvious people are being less than truthful with her a lot, so it's interesting to sift through and trying to figure out which are which.

Even so, Cersei has some of THE best lines in the books.

Her "There is such a dearth of Sacking songs" how she muses that Robert might have been the smartest one of the Baratheon brothers, and then her comment "When I am finished with her she will be begging the Stranger for his kiss!". Nice Cersei. :lol:

Don't worry, even Cersei Sympathizers recognize she's horrible! We feel for her, not because she deserves it, but because she has the most to lose of anyone in Westeros, and she's going to lose it all because of her own stupidity.

And my favorite (?) moment of Cersei douchebaggery is the killing of Lady, because it's so unfair and cruel to Sansa, whom she professes to like. Everything else she does is based on paranoia and fear, but this is just deliberately mean.

I do not think that she has the most to lose in Westeros, I think that SHE believes that. She hasn't anymore or less to lose than anyone else other than being Queen Regent. That's it.

Another douchebag action for Cersei in when she has Tommen's whipping boy beaten in order to manipulate poor Tommen, For someone who has so much to lose, she sure does a wonderful job of hastening her own downfall. :D

I do not think that she has the most to lose in Westeros, I think that SHE believes that. She hasn't anymore or less to lose than anyone else other than being Queen Regent. That's it.

I'm thinking of the beginning of the series. She's one of the most beautiful women in Westeros, she's married to the king, she's the daughter of the wealthiest man in the kingdoms, she's mother to the future king, she has 3 healthy and beautiful children, she has someone who's madly in love with her. . Not saying she's happy or that some of these material measures of success really matter. It just seemed to me that she had the most to lose of all the characters. Therefore, she will fall farther than any other character.

I'm thinking of the beginning of the series. She's one of the most beautiful women in Westeros, she's married to the king, she's the daughter of the wealthiest man in the kingdoms, she's mother to the future king, she has 3 healthy and beautiful children, she has someone who's madly in love with her. . Not saying she's happy or that some of these material measures of success really matter. It just seemed to me that she had the most to lose of all the characters. Therefore, she will fall farther than any other character.

Superficial reasons for a superficial person. Everyone elses lives, marriages, children, siblings, social status or lack there of are just as important. That is the whole point of the story. Where you have a few people who falsely believe their their wants and needs triumph over everyone elses. I would say that Catelyn has fallen farther than Cersei, as well as, Lollies, Ned, Robb, Jeyne Poole...

Not to mention how QUICK she was to start fooling around when Jaime was gone even though it's been five LONG books and Jaime has STILL remained ever faithful to Cersei.

Huh, really? I thought that was more of an issue of Jaime being weird and obsessive than of Cersei being sexually "bad."

Huh, really? I thought that was more of an issue of Jaime being weird and obsessive than of Cersei being sexually "bad."

Actually, it was more of Jaime being imprisoned most of the time.

The bad thing about Cersei is not her sexuality by itself, it is that she uses it to gain political power.

Archived