A blindingly obvious way to bypass the Wall...

The Last Direwolf

Why don't the Others just build themselves a big rocket and blast themselves over the wall like Wile E. Coyote? Because they're zombies, I don't think they know how to build anything or do much beyond feasting on brains.

No, they have to travel the hard way: right through the Wall. And they'll do it now that Jon Snow is gone.

well they're clearly not zombies. The Wights are zombies.

Why don't the Others just build themselves a big rocket and blast themselves over the wall like Wile E. Coyote? Because they're zombies, I don't think they know how to build anything or do much beyond feasting on brains.

No, they have to travel the hard way: right through the Wall. And they'll do it now that Jon Snow is gone.

Erm, there wasn't even the technology required for rockets in the south, so there's no hope of doing that in the north. And the whole point of sailing/swimming around the Wall is to bypass the magics inside the Wall that prevent Others passing it. Unless the Wall is utterly destroyed, they will still have a really hard time getting through, especially if well manned. And the Others are not zombies. That's wights, they're different, the Others are the necromancers that bring them to life.

And we can't know that Jon Snow has been deposed completely. We only saw an assassination attempt. Who is to say that the Queen's men will not interfere, or Melisandre? The wildlings, lead by Tormund would fight for Jon - he has been good to them, they owe it. I think that Jon will be injured, not completely dead, and will be rescued and healed by Melisandre

Archived