[Book Spoilers] EP 204 Discussion

Ran

Book spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode in relation to the books, and with reference to spoilers from them.

This topic should open automatically around the start of airing.

Joffrey scene seems pointless to me. Isn't everyone clear on what an ass he is at this point?

I don't think it's pointless. They didn't really care out the Sansa beating scene the way they did in the book, so it's natural that he wanted to take his anger out on someone else fully, the way he did with Sansa. Also, it shows how his cruelty is escalating, how he's going from snotty, to mean, to cruel, to mutilator, and to murderer. Like I said before, a real Ted Bundy type. (People who have read about him might esp. agree with me.)

I don't like the way the shadow baby made that horrible screech. It was supposed to be Stannis in shadow form, y'know? Why would it screech? And it was soooo hard to see it. I also think that she should have talked about how they needed to row her there because of the magic locked into the stones of Storm's End. That would've been a good explanation. I like that they kept the rotten onion part, but if I had to cut one line, it would be the latter, b/c the former explains WHY Davos had to smuggle her beneath the walls.

This is my favorite episode so far, mostly because I'm really into the idea of sticking to the book. I thought that it was okay that they compressed "Nan"'s cupbearing for Roose into cupbearing for Tywin, altho it'll be interesting to see how she handles her anger...butterfly effect, majorly. I also thought it was cute when Tywin called her clever for dressing and cutting her hair like a boy.

Some great lines " No cure for being a cunt". Ah Bronn...

And of course Tyrion smelling lavender on Lancel and remarking he is an "annointed knight" lol

I can appreciate the changes of Roose and Tywin. It keeps it a lot simpler. My dad and cousin are newbies and have enough trouble figuring out who is who and where.

Edited by Trebla

I was not ready for the how graphic the shadow baby was.... I'm still not even sure what to think.

Is this the first scene with Roose? I was surprised that he wasn't part of the Harrenhal scenes.

Overall, I liked the episode. I liked how they cut some scenes from the books. I'm having hesitations about where the LF character is going but I have faith that they know what they're doing.

I did miss Renly's peach. And Jon Snow.