Last words

Bride of Winter

What are your favorite last words? Which ones do you think are the most interesting?

I personally love how Robb's last words were "Grey Wind" and Jon's were "Ghost".

I'm going to be super cheesy and say I loved Ygritte's last "you know nothing, Jon Snow" as well

ALSO - What do you guys make of Renly muttering "cold" right before Melisandre's shadow baby slit his throat? I've always found that really weird. I mean, I'm sure we all already know there's something up with Melisandre, but Renly feeling cold from a creation by a woman that radiates heat is a bit too much to overlook imo.

People often feel cold when they're near death. Renly's words could have been no more than that. Or they could have been foreshadowing [insert Walder Frey heh] for Melisandre's magic being evil in some way - that would hardly come as a surprise. Melisandre herself, however, is at least true in her beliefs.

You raped her! You killed her children!!

You're strung out on painkillers!!!

Edit: To be sure, I am aware that Oberyn's Inigo Montoya reference are not his actual last words; I feel that they are close enough to count.

I believe his actual last utterance may have been "Elia." When he sreamed it.

What are your favorite last words? Which ones do you think are the most interesting?

I'm going to be super cheesy and say I loved Ygritte's last "you know nothing, Jon Snow" as well

Dare I say it, Bride? - we'd had this bloody phrase hammered into us so many times throughout Ygritte's story, that it ceased to hold any meaning whatsoever for me. A case of overkill from the author - sorry.

Archived