Last words

Bride of Winter

Since I'm rereading ACoK, I found Renly's "cold" to be very effective and wait for it...chilling :P . His death was much creepier than I remembered reading it the second time around and even though I never cared much for Renly as a character, I felt very sad for him. What a fucked up way to go!

Hey OP, I also liked Ygritte's "You know nothing, Jon Snow". It was used quite a bit, but I love Ygritte and I thought it was very bittersweet in her final moments. I thought her repeated saying was both an expression of endearment and advice to Jon. She loved his almost innocent-like view on the world, but at the same time found him ignorant for it. Not everything is black/white, good/evil. etc....She loved Jon, but she also understood who Jon was and where he stood. Instead of cursing him with her last breath, she reassures him she's not angry and instills one last bit of advice.

Since I'm rereading ACoK, I found Renly's "cold" to be very effective and wait for it...chilling :P . His death was much creepier than I remembered reading it the second time around and even though I never cared much for Renly as a character, I felt very sad for him. What a fucked up way to go!

Hey OP, I also liked Ygritte's "You know nothing, Jon Snow". It was used quite a bit, but I love Ygritte and I thought it was very bittersweet in her final moments. I thought her repeated saying was both an expression of endearment and advice to Jon. She loved his almost innocent-like view on the world, but at the same time found him ignorant for it. Not everything is black/white, good/evil. etc....She loved Jon, but she also understood who Jon was and where he stood. Instead of cursing him with her last breath, she reassures him she's not angry and instills one last bit of advice.

Ahh I'm glad to hear somebody agrees with me :D I just love the context around it. Like, he's so ignorant of the world and sheltered compared to her, and she's letting him know, but she's not being rude about it. She just really wants him to open his eyes and see things the way she's been seeing them her whole life? God that sounds so cheesy when I actually write it but you get the idea hahaha. And yeah definitely her last words really cemented that notion. And the whole idea of being open and willing to learn and having sort of humility is really important advice for him regarding his storyline and everything.

Archived