[Book Spoilers] EP 208 Discussion

Ran

Why do you call him a “shower” for fuck’s sake!? Do you mean he’s a wet blanket, a party pooper? Or that he’s a jerk or a freak or a sop? Me no speaka dis nuvo kidztalk! What are you saying, this time in proper English instead of ghetto slang?

Lol, ghetto?

Anyway, read the second sentence then

Why do you call him a “shower” for fuck’s sake!? Do you mean he’s a wet blanket, a party pooper? Or that he’s a jerk or a freak or a sop? Me no speaka dis nuvo kidztalk! What are you saying, this time in proper English instead of ghetto slang?

Please tell me this is trolling. Ghetto slang?

Unrelated: Show-Jeyne is so insanely hot, for the first time I see why Robb pissed away his kingdom and life.

Edited by jblair

Can you imagine that toolbag as head of the 'watch? He shouldn't be running the stables.

What a chump.......he should be Sam's steward.

When Ygritte says she'd be the one to cut his balls off if he ran, I almost peed myself laughing at Snow's character.

Craster's keep was bad enough

Edited by Mulled Wino

It was pretty good. I really liked the Asha and Theon scene. Its the first time we get to see Asha letting her guard down and expressing some genuine concern for her little brother. Theon still owns every scene he is in.

Jaqen is so freaking hot. I loved his "a girl has no answer" and Arya just shrugs like "whatever". They have great interactions, but even though I"m not one to nitpick, I am a little disappointed in no weasel soup or Arya stabbing the guard to escape(I think that was important for her development into training to become a skilled killer). Anyway, there's plenty of time for that.

Tyrion and Varys are great together. So are Tyrion and Bronn. Did Robb ever make it to the Crag? What about all those depleted medical supplies Jeyne was so worried about? Anyway, she doesn't bother me that much and I think her and Robb have a good chemistry.

I don't know why, but I was expecting HoTU in this episode. So, I was annoyed that Dany scene was pretty much the same scene she had with Jorah last episode. Damn, at least have her enter the damn place already.

I still love Ygritte. I think she's been fantastic Lord O' Bones is much more scarier looking than I imagined him.

Man, Jon Snow looks like an impotent douche. He can't buy a lick of credit on the TV series, he couldn't even get indirect credit for finding the dragonglass through Ghost.

LOL! So true. He looks like he's going to burst into tears at any moment. So far Sam would have done a better job. He might have tripped trying to swing the sword and accidentally crushed Ygritte.

’Fraid you’ve been flattened by my ironing board, mate.

I think he's just not falling for your trolling and is telling you to stop it with reverse irony.

@ Chelly: I think the pack horses from the first scene with Jeyne and Robb held those supplies. And isn't it just loveable how Robb accompanies her for no reason and then blames it on his mother that his men screwed up and got rowdy while he was on a love date? Jeez, he really is such a douche in the show.

Edited by StannisandDaeny

I don't know if this has been talked about but I wasn't too happy with Luwin finding boys in the crypt. I just remember how powerful the scene in the book was, when Luwin finds the boys alive as he is about to die.

Edited by Crowned Stag

Lol. What I really think it boils down to is the creators not having enough time to bring the story to life.

True, but if they had not bothered to have so much "Robb" time, which he gets none in the books whatsoever, maybe we have much more time for everyone else. Think of it: they have a mere ten ep.s for this massive book and they give Robb his own set of scenes, plus this new made up chick and her own story line. Why? It adds nothing to the overall series and he of all the characters changes the least of any. I'm sure it's why GRRM never gave him his own POVs. He stays the same more or less, despite his actions being pivotal to the stories of all the other characters.

Oh it’s workable, all right: Roose is supposed to look ridiculously young for his age, whereas Ramsey is supposed to look rather older than his age. Remember when Asha finally finds Theon again, she thinks he’s an old man. Clean living versus self-(or otherwise)abuse makes a huge real-world difference in perceived ages.

I really don't think it's workable. That is to much of a stretch. Unless your turned into Reek like Theon was, "dirty living" is not going to age you twenty years. For psychopaths like Ramsey, what he does, does not bother him. So it's not like the stress of being a sadistic killer has made him age poorly, and there is no Westerosi equivalent to meth or crack cocaine, so I don't see Ramsey looking that much older than he really is.

And Roose doesn't look ridiculously young for his age, he just has an "agelessness about him", and even though he has been in battle, he has no scars.

I also don't remember the books saying anywhere that Ramsey looks older than he really is.

Not to mention the other problems I pointed out for this theory, in my last post.

didn't miss weasel soup one bit, I'd forgotten about it in the books anyway

still not concerned about them getting rid of the chain, sure it was used a few real battles mostly across small rivers, this is blockading a whole harbor, it would have to be on the size of the three gorges damn in china, it just seem implausible

great to see the dragonglass, and rattle shirt, amazing shots in iceland!

Talisa/Jeyne impressed me this week, her acting/writing has been rather thin nice to see her character fleshed out (bad pun) remember her character is just the reason for the Frey's to revolt later, whether she is a spy or not doesn't matter much, when we know whats in store for Robb

Shae on the other hand is just such a vacuum when on screen, the show loses so much momentum, just waiting for the crossbow scene…

looking fwd to the rest of the season its gone by so fast!

I don't know if this has been talked about but I wasn't too happy with Luwin finding boys in the crypt. I just remember how powerful the scene in the book was, when Luwin finds the boys alive as he is about to die.

I agree, but I am glad that he knows that they are alive. In the book the boys go immediately to the crypts and not to that farm right? I thought the series would just have them go to the farm and keep venturing on, not including the part where Luwin sees them when Winterfell is burned down and he is dying.

Why do people still think Dagmer is Ramsay? We've now heard at least twice how Ramsay is traveling north with a force to retake Winterfell. Roose didnt tell Robb "My son is at winterfell wating to strike".

Jeyne/Talisa doesnt bother me. Minor characters with irrelevent backstory. We all know what happens soon anyways......

First Impression:

I can't believe how negative I am about this episode. I have never scored any of them below a 6/10 (and my average score is like in the high 8's), this was a 4/10 and that may be generous. I am hoping I realize I am wrong after a second watching.

Rattleshirt scene was ok, though he looked a bit cartoonish for the show. The scene was fine though. The Quorin/Jon setup was adequate, though only because I like what is coming. This storyline was basically wasted material this week. Where the hell is Ghost?

Robb and Catelyn was excellent. One of two scenes worth watching. Sadly it led to Robb and not-Jeyne: For the first time in 18 episodes, i found myself wondering where my smartphone was so I could play a round of Draw Something while watching an episode. Boring beyond belief. I realize we haven't had sex on screen for a bit and HBO was probably going to fire people if a nipple wasn't seen soon; however this was so forced anf generic, I was reminded of The Matrix 2.

Cersei and Tyrion was just more of the same, and I'm tired of it now. This is probably hurt by the fact I knew it would be Roz, and I don't care what happens to Roz. Not that I cared what happened to Shea in the books, either. Tyrion's reunion with Shae was forced and flat.

Tyrion and Varys is the only other (Robb/Catelyn) thing wirth watxhing in this episode. Good enough scene. I am expecting the people who were holding out hope for a miracle chain scene disagree.

Sam, Grenn and DE worked but really seemed thrown in randomly.

I think there was a Dany/Jorah scene. I seriously can't remember it. I'm pretty sure she ordered him to go get her dragons last week. Why is he still there? Complete waste of time.

Stannis/Davos was fine, though unremarkable. Compared to most of the rest of this episode, it was a pleasant relief from the drudgery.

What an awful (on the GoT scale) episode.

LOL! So true. He looks like he's going to burst into tears at any moment. So far Sam would have done a better job. He might have tripped trying to swing the sword and accidentally crushed Ygritte.

haha, they are definitely getting the EMO vibe across for Jon Snow. They made him beg the Halfhand to go along and then he goes from blunder to blunder after they left the Fist. The producers couldn't even give him the one kill he got on the watchers before he captured Ygritte, poor Snow. Loses his team, loses his prisoner, gets suckered into a trap, gets made a prisoner by his former prisoner, all the while getting dressed down like a proper virgin in every conversation with Ygritte.