Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

Edited by Ran

That was a fast shadow killer scene.

I can't believe that Stannis agreed with Davos about not taking Melisandre to the next battle. I thought he never leaves without her.

Tyrion is as good as always.

Brienne, will she get revenge on Stannis....but her oath to Catelyn....don't know what Robb will think of her.

Sounds like Jon is in for some adventrue finally. Love Sam Tarly.

Theon..bascially a test for him.

Arya...loved the scene with Tywin and Gendry. I think she is a believer now that the Tickler is dead. She still seems suspicious.

Bran - definite foreshadowing about what is to come, perhaps? Actually lots of foreshadowing on what is come this whole episode.

So I bet Littlefinger has the Margery Tyrell......and he is making a deal that she is coming to Kings Landing cuz she wants to be the Queen...Cersei, watch out!

Dany...hmmm...does she stay or does she go....House of the Undying...intriguing..the masked woman who talks to Jorah warning him...a messenger.

Edited by nightshadow

Dude, I think, if you havent read the books, you should go over the TwoP forum... http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3204374&st=2790

Cause everybody, or quite, here, has read them, and all the discussion is over the book spoilers section, you'll find yourself a little lonely here! =D

Yet,

Sounds like Jon is in for some adventrue finally.

is something I have damn high hopes about its render in the show !

Oh my god! Renly! Did not see that coming! :eek:

Good episode as always, but I was looking forward to see more of Robb, better luck next episode I hope.

I can´t belive Theon, how can he do this to the Starks, they treated him far better than Balon does.

Good episode as always, but I was looking forward to see more of Robb, better luck next episode I hope.

I can´t belive Theon, how can he do this to the Starks, they treated him far better than Balon does.

I agree with you about Theon....I think Ned was a better father than Balon.

I like checking out this thread and am sad to see so few people have posted here. I enjoy the discussion without all the comparisons to the books even though I have read them. I really liked that episode. It was my favorite of the season so far.

I agree that Ned was a better father than Balon.

What does everyone think about the change in Xaro Xaroan Daxos? He has gone from a pedophile to a very ambitious man courting Daenerys. I think I like the TV Xaro better.

This is a nitpick but I didn't like Quaithe's mask. And why did she appear to Ser Jorah first, and not Dany?

In the trailers people bitched and moaned about Dany's "The Starks and Lannisters fight each other, the Baratheons destroy each other" line, but it totally makes sense in the context. Sigh - people get so critical before they even see the episodes!

I LOVED the Harrenhal scenes. Arya was quick on her feet naming herself part of the Dreadfort (and how ironic, lol - fake Arya, anyone?). Tywin seems fair with his servants, not unkind. It wouldn't surprise me if she had qualms about killing him.

It seems the Tickler won't be dying in an inn via Sandor. I HOPE they keep Polliver for that scene! PLEASE!!!

If she has the Mountain killed, it'll screw up the Dorne plotline an Tyrion's trial by combat vs 2.0. I hope she doesn't have him killed - I was hoping the Dorne plotline would remain. I realize they'll have to cut A LOT of the Dorne stuff but I want at least a little of it in there. They don't need it until Season 3 and mostly 4 anyway.

Edited by Stubby
Spoiler tags added - This is the NO SPOILERS thread, folks.

I like checking out this thread and am sad to see so few people have posted here. I enjoy the discussion without all the comparisons to the books even though I have read them. I really liked that episode. It was my favorite of the season so far.

I agree that Ned was a better father than Balon.

Balon seems cold and lacking in morals. Look at Yara..she seems cold as well. Look at her treatment of Theon in that episode.

Arya constantly grows on me..she seems to find strength where she least expects it. She is very similar to Brienne in that way.

I watch the episodes at least twice so I don't miss anything because the episodes go so fast.

Edited by nightshadow

Mid season, and with all the 'rush' problems there is no other drama show I wish to watch all week on TV.

Biggest satisfactions:

Gwendoline Christie as Brienne , she probably has the hardest boots to fill and she nails it.

Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H’ghar , he is a natural, nails it.

With as little screen time has they have gotten they have make the biggest impression on me.

That hit me almost as hard as Ned Stark the first time around. I'm still with the Baratheons though, not much choice for someone in Renly's camp with all the Lannister armies blocking my way back to the Starks. So uh, Hail Stannis I guess. Please don't tell him I said it like that...