[No Spoilers] EP209 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

• 4 weeks later...

The Wildfire explosion was COMPLETELY spectacular... but afterwards, with the men screaming from over the water, it was gutwrenching listening. Tyrion's rallying speech was awesome. The battle... and yet, even with all the battle scenes, somehow I got caught up with the scenes in the women's quarter more. My brain kind of got that they'd retreated to a tower room for safety and were tensely awaiting the outcome, but as the episode unfolded my stomach finally got the crawling horror of their situation. A Stannis win, no matter how I wanted Joffrey to be toppled, meant almost certain gang rape for all the women. Scarred for life, possibly physically disfigured, possibly a lingering slow death from rape or injury. So they were awaiting the outcome of the battle, to know when to commit mass suicide, by their own hand or by Ilyn Payne's. Or not. What a horrific wait.

Definitely the best episode so far this season...

Some things I'm looking forward to finding out:

- Is Tyrion just stunned/knocked-out? I was SO fearful as I saw the scar show on his face that his head had just been sliced in half (especially given all the other body chopping we saw).

- Was Stannis being pulled back by his own men or was he being captured? It seemed like he was just being pulled away because it was time to retreat.

- Will Sansa go with the Hound? I know she's been crazy-dutiful so far, but here's her chance!

That wildfire explosion is easily the 2nd best scene so far (behind Dany rising with her dragons from the fire). Wow.

I'm surprised none of the discussion in here mentions Dog of the King's Guard. His character made a dramatic and enigmatic turn in this last episode; can anyone explain it, either with or without the books? Why the conflict with the mercenaries and betrayal of the king? Why fight at first only to give up? Why take Sansa to the Starks?

I'm surprised none of the discussion in here mentions Dog of the King's Guard. His character made a dramatic and enigmatic turn in this last episode; can anyone explain it, either with or without the books? Why the conflict with the mercenaries and betrayal of the king? Why fight at first only to give up? Why take Sansa to the Starks?

Remember back to the first Season when Littlefinger tells Sansa the story of the Hound's childhood, and then remember what happened right before he left the battlefield and you will have your answer.

Love. Love. Love. Love this episode. I've probably watched it ten times now.

Does anyone have a map showing where Bronn was standing when he shot the arrow after Tyrion's signal? It looks like he's across from Tyrion and then turns around and shoots. So exactly where are the ships coming in?

Love. Love. Love. Love this episode. I've probably watched it ten times now.

Does anyone have a map showing where Bronn was standing when he shot the arrow after Tyrion's signal? It looks like he's across from Tyrion and then turns around and shoots. So, exactly where are the ships coming in?

Actually, now that you mention it, Bronn's position is quite a mystery. He really seems to be across the river, but that cannot be. Maybe they made up some small island in the bay

Edited by Peras

• 2 months later...

Best episode in Season 2! Would you agree? I came to appreciate the episode more when I knew that this episode was written by George R.R. Martin, not that I'm not satisfied with the other major writers of this show, every episode is a massive production, but GRRM made justice to this episode more than the audience could have imagine! :cheers:

• 1 year later...