[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

Hm, it seems to me they are setting up Roose to take Ramsay's place in Winterfell. I guess the betrayal the summaries referred to for Robb might be Roose saying he'll take back Winterfell only to take it for himself? I hope they don't do that, as it would kinda screw up the introduction of Ramsay. Nonetheless, Jon's scenes next week should be amazing.

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but aren't the episode titles normally a line said in that episode? Doesn't Cat swear by the old gods and the new when Brienne takes her oath? I might be remembering wrong, since I read CoK a few months ago, but it makes sense to me that Brienne swears fealty to Cat in this episode. Not a very big thing, but still something that might happen.

I put this in the discussion on ep5, but it belongs here, really:

I think the scene in the House of the Undying will be that Dany goes in, they cut to a different scene, (preferably Jon, blue rose and all that). Cut back to Quarth, Dany comes stumbling out, Pyat Pree goes mental, Jorah cuts him down. Later she recounts what she saw. The scene is too trippy for viewers to make sense of anyway, it would be like a David Lynch movie.

I agree, Roose might be the one to take back Winterfell, but what of Harrenhal, then, who will take it from Tywin ?

As for Ygritt, yes, she will be introduced in this episode... but that makes me wonder: we're quite at the end of Jon's story in CoK, at this pace, it will end at episode 7 or 8... what of the last two episodes for Jon then ?

For Myrcella, yes, I dont like the fact that she seems to cry during he leaving for Dorne. Yet I'm looking forward to the riot and Sandor saving Sansa.

For the Hotuh, I'm expecting it more in the episode 7. But I really fear this scene... I agree they do not show the battles and only the aftermath, that is an excellent choice, both narrative, economic and visual... but the HotuH... we need to have it in full... and it may be so screwed...

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but aren't the episode titles normally a line said in that episode? Doesn't Cat swear by the old gods and the new when Brienne takes her oath? I might be remembering wrong, since I read CoK a few months ago, but it makes sense to me that Brienne swears fealty to Cat in this episode. Not a very big thing, but still something that might happen.

That already happened in last nights' episode.

I agree, Roose might be the one to take back Winterfell, but what of Harrenhal, then, who will take it from Tywin ?

For the Hotuh, I'm expecting it more in the episode 7. But I really fear this scene... I agree they do not show the battles and only the aftermath, that is an excellent choice, both narrative, economic and visual... but the HotuH... we need to have it in full... and it may be so screwed...

I already stated somewhere that I thought they'll have Roose take Winterfell, and maybe combine him with Ramsay. But if Roose takes Winterfell, who will stab Robb at the Red Wedding? It would be weird for him to be there.

I share your fear for the HotU.

Hm, it seems to me they are setting up Roose to take Ramsay's place in Winterfell. I guess the betrayal the summaries referred to for Robb might be Roose saying he'll take back Winterfell only to take it for himself? I hope they don't do that, as it would kinda screw up the introduction of Ramsay. Nonetheless, Jon's scenes next week should be amazing.

I would think the betrayal they're referring to would be by Theon.

Anyone worried that there has been very little mention of Beric Dondarrion?

No, because he doesn't become a prominent character until Book 3. I think if they were going to leave him out of the show they'd have never mentioned him last season. I've got a feeling they'll go a bit more in-depth with the BWB at some point this season, as set up for next year.

it does make sense to cut ramsay as it simplifies it for the viewers we already have to many characters. have roose go to the north, logically robb would send up a force, sack winterfell and make theon reek. roose does this as he intends to take the north realizing robb has no heirs and married jeyne. he comes back down for the red wedding, he can do this as travel time in the tv show is simplified. down south lord karstark can take harrenhal as they have already cast him. or they could have roose come down and take it in season 3 so he could still be on the show and release jamie lannister. it makes sense

The Reeds will be cut, I'm sure of it now...

But I'm ready to bet Ramsay will appear next season and we'll have some scenes at the Dreadfort with him and Theon.

As for next episode, I really wish Tyrion will start thinking about the chain, would be in time now... and hope we'll see Dontos again... Sansa's story needs to move a little.

And the riot ! Cant wait for the riot ! Still not convinced by a Myrcella crying (from the snippets we had of the episode), but, well, I'll go with it.

Ramsey and all the rest will appear next season. Its a good move, for me, as it is it'd just be too much.

Ummm "Arya comes face-to-face wth a surprise visitor" or whatever the line was. Who the hell could that be, she's met everyone for the moment. Unless its Tywin in her bedchamber or the Northern Men but it doesn't fit. And other than that, her friends or Jacqen wouldn't be a surprise to be face-to-face with. An attack from Polliver, could he be 'next'? Have I forgotten someone?

Ummm "Arya comes face-to-face wth a surprise visitor" or whatever the line was. Who the hell could that be, she's met everyone for the moment. Unless its Tywin in her bedchamber or the Northern Men but it doesn't fit. And other than that, her friends or Jacqen wouldn't be a surprise to be face-to-face with. An attack from Polliver, could he be 'next'? Have I forgotten someone?

Rorge maybe. She does sort of bump into him by surprise in the book, though it's only a quick little thing.

Archived