[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

Ummm "Arya comes face-to-face wth a surprise visitor" or whatever the line was. Who the hell could that be, she's met everyone for the moment. Unless its Tywin in her bedchamber or the Northern Men but it doesn't fit. And other than that, her friends or Jacqen wouldn't be a surprise to be face-to-face with. An attack from Polliver, could he be 'next'? Have I forgotten someone?

"Visitor" should mean someone outside Harrenhall so a northman spy/prisoner would make sense. A very far fetched idea would be Arya catching a glimpse of Nymeria outside Harrenhall to breach the gap left by the absence of wolf pack stories in the show.

I'm a little hazy on the timeline, but I would assume that Arya may meet Roose Bolton in the next episode. News reaches Harrenhal that Winterfell has been occupied and Tywin moves to take advantage of this, allowing Roose to take over with a contingent of Northern men. Or not; just spit-balling ideas. Robb being betrayed may refer to the Karstarks; it most definitely does not refer to Roose Bolton.

And I'm willing to bet that we'll see Ramsey next season, for the simple fact that Theon needs to stay involved with both the storyline and the production. It provides ample material for Winterfell and Theon next season.

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but aren't the episode titles normally a line said in that episode? Doesn't Cat swear by the old gods and the new when Brienne takes her oath? I might be remembering wrong, since I read CoK a few months ago, but it makes sense to me that Brienne swears fealty to Cat in this episode. Not a very big thing, but still something that might happen.

Did you not watch "Ghost of Harenhall"? The fealty swearing has already taken place.

"Visitor" should mean someone outside Harrenhall so a northman spy/prisoner would make sense.

Apparently it's someone Arya knows, or someone who knows her anyway. But I can't think of who it could be?

The Reeds will be cut, I'm sure of it now...

But I'm ready to bet Ramsay will appear next season and we'll have some scenes at the Dreadfort with him and Theon.

As for next episode, I really wish Tyrion will start thinking about the chain, would be in time now... and hope we'll see Dontos again... Sansa's story needs to move a little.

And the riot ! Cant wait for the riot ! Still not convinced by a Myrcella crying (from the snippets we had of the episode), but, well, I'll go with it.

It wouldn't surprise me if TV-Roose was a composite of book-Roose and book-Ramsey; thought I'd prefer them separate. I'm not too broken up about the Reeds; it would have been nice to have them along; but Osha could hunt and help keep Hodor and Bran alive. I still don't think that Maester Luwin could successfully guide Rickon to Skagos, though; but I certainly wouldn't complain about his surviving the burning of Winterfell; I really like the character and the actor.

By the time Dontos turns up as Sansa's half-drunk Florian, most of the TV viewers who haven't read the books will have forgotten who he was.

As for Myrcella...Sigh. I didn't mind little Tommen not being chubby, but they've made Myrcella not only a few years older than she was in the book, but apparently less confident. In the book, whatever she felt inside, Myrcella left King's Landing quite cheerfully and bravely, rather than looking sad; it was Tommen who was sobbing.

I don't think the riot will be the same without Sandor on his horse, but hopefully it will look scary/dangerous/violent.

So y'all are thinking Theon takes Winterfell, then Roose is sent to take it back, and takes it for himself?

I think they're not going to show the person who takes Winterfell. Just an armored knight with friendly banners. They'll reveal the person next year.

There could be another way... when (and if) Roose takes Harrenhal, he can put the Bolton banners alongside the Stark one on the walls... and really specify this flayed man is his banner... and when the hooden or helmeted (=D ) man and his small army takes Winterfell in the end, they could flag the same banner without showing the face of their leader...

Roose could even, during his time at Harrenhal send a raven to the Dreadfort (with the approbation of Robb) telling his son to retake the castle... this could work... and since Arya's storyline is moving pretty fast in the show, we have some room for this kind of scenes at Harrenhal.

i think we got a glimpse of dany running through the house of the undying! so cool that they will stick to it, though it will be intresting to see which prophecies are mentioned & which ignored...

also, i really saw a contrast from the book cersei to the one fro the show when she asks tyrion how he thinks it would feel like to have someone he loves taken from him or something like that... in the book cersei is flirting with lancel while myrcella is depating, but here cesei does come through as a much more symphatetic character. which i neither like or dislike. i just think lena's preformance is great.

and really lookig forward to ygritte..

but what i can't wait for anymore are the riot scenes!!!!!!!! i fear it, but i'll cling to the hope that HBO will stick to the books here and show us sandor saving sansa. they said their relationship would be indeed explore, but so far... nothing. so i don't mind if the moment is diffrent from the one in the books, since they have no horses and the hound seems to be protecting joff in a lot of stills, but so long as he leaves joff (who is once again going to get slapped by tyrion!) i'll be happy. but hopefully it won't be another 3 seconds moment like the whole previous sansa being beaten thing with barely any san/san to enjoy.

I am really looking forward to this episode. Jon's storyline is finally picking up, and the scenes with Ygritte and the other wildlings looks great. The riot will be amazing. Roose bolton in general is awesome.

I am very curious to see what is going on with Dany next episode..it looks pretty interesting!

I remember that after the 5th episode last season, the episodes really picked up pace..so this should hold true this year as well! Can't wait for Sunday!!

Edit: I hope we see some Jamie this episode!! Also, Sandor better have some epic moments in the riot. From a different preview it looked like the fat Septon is in the scene..he is going to get annihilated! Definitely one of the more intense scenes in the book.

Alright, after rewatching the preview of the episode and doing some stills, here are some random thoughts:

I guess we see Jon faking to kill Ygritte (towards the end of it, I like it).

Otherwise, the rest is really obvious.

We have a shot of Stonesnake shooting an arrow (guess it is him, was it him or Dalbridge the archer in the book ?).

In Qarth: there seems to be some actions (totally new from the books): guardsmen lying dead in their blood (Xaro finding them), Khovaro running somewhere, and Dany too... all of this seems to take place in the garden of a villa (doesnt seem like Xaro's gardens but who knows)... maybe an attack from the Sorrowful men, but that seems weird...

Glad we are to see the Spice King again.

Robb saying something I cant fully understand : "I mean to take it there myself."... well, not sure if this is that, but seems he learned the news from Winterfell... my guess is that, at first, he wants to go back there himself, but probably Roose and Cat reason him and he'll send someone else (Roose).

Guess the episode will mainly focus on Jon, Daenerys and Robb... plus the riot and Winterfell.

I think Arya, Davos, Stannis and Mel wont really appear next episode!

As far as Roose being the one who takes Winterfell - that can still happen w/out any changes to Robb's storyline. Remember, when Ramsay takes it, he pins the blame on Theon.

So Roose could very well march up there under the guise of saving Winterfell, kill off the troops from Torrhen's Square, capture Theon, and then kill everyone & sack Winterfell... and then go back to Robb saying they got there too late, but they did manage to extract revenge on the Iron Islanders.

Which really is how it plays out in the books anyway (minus Ramsay). So Roose could sack Winterfell, and then head back down to the Twins for the wedding, still under the pretense of being loyal to Robb.

I'm a little hazy on the timeline, but I would assume that Arya may meet Roose Bolton in the next episode. News reaches Harrenhal that Winterfell has been occupied and Tywin moves to take advantage of this, allowing Roose to take over with a contingent of Northern men. Or not; just spit-balling ideas. Robb being betrayed may refer to the Karstarks; it most definitely does not refer to Roose Bolton.

And I'm willing to bet that we'll see Ramsey next season, for the simple fact that Theon needs to stay involved with both the storyline and the production. It provides ample material for Winterfell and Theon next season.

Once again, it seems obvious that the betrayer being referred to is Theon. It's been stated on the show iirc that Robb and Theon think of each other as brothers.

Archived