[Book Spoilers] Nitpick without repercussion!

teemo

He was sent by balon to take moat cailin as Asha was sent for deepwood mott

I know its not a great character yet in aCoK and will get cut this season but i missed at least mentioning him

If you expected to have something so small mentioned, I fear you are going to be very disappointed, because they have skipped much bigger things than that so far, and they will continue to do so.

Although, it may still get mentioned BR Theon or something after he takes Winterfell, perhaps in a discussion with Maester Lewin? I could see maester Lewin trying to explain to Theon that he can't expect to hold Winterfell, and Theon then trying to show the power of the Ironborn, by mentioning that Victarion has taken Moat Callin. Something along those lines would make sense, but then again, the show has not been doing much of that lately.

i meant that the ironborn taking Moat was the main reason for Robb to try and renew his Frey connection in order to pass the Twins again

if the Ironborn dont have the Moat he could go bypass the Twins and ===> no red wedding

but i guess this its for the season 3 /aSoS episodes to make that exposition

Nobody thought Asha was suppose to be "beautiful", but she is suppose to have some degree of physical attractiveness, and when you combine that with her fiery personality, Asha is very appealing. This Yara is not attractive or appealing in any way. She does not embody Asha's personality at all, her posture is wrong, she has zero charisma, and she only seems cocky because her dad is the Lord Balon Greyjoy. Where as Asha has a cocky confidence because of her own might and abilities. One of my biggest complaints with Yara is she seems so lifeless, her eyes literally look dead. So Yara not being attractive is not the biggest problem, it's everything else about her to, that is the problem, even though there is significant evidence through out the books that suggests Asha is some what physically attractive. It's when you combine Asha's looks, to her personality, why she is soi appealing. Nothing about Yara is appealing, and honestly can you imagine this Yara using two throwing axes, while going head to head against Northmen? Because I sure as hell can't.

Well, I said I don't like her. Preaching to the choir :)

I just can't get past that awful dress they have Margery in. What is it? It's not historically inspired, I just can't imagine what they were thinking.

I think the concept is that that they are Tyrrell's from Highgarden with a rose as their sigil. It looks like it's supposed to be some kind of budding flower or rose stem. It does look quite hideous but at least it's weird and not just a typical medieval-looking dress.

"The door on the vault is made of Valyrian Stone. The hardest steel does not leave a mark."

Valyrian stone?

Valyrian. Stone?

:bs:

It's in the books, just never detailed by Geroge.

"The door on the vault is made of Valyrian Stone. The hardest steel does not leave a mark."

Valyrian stone?

Valyrian. Stone?

:bs:

Never knew it came in stone. Valyrian steel is loosely based around Damascus Steel, which is also an ancient steel and forging process that's lost to the ages. So folded steel with swirl patterns to make the swords. I guess with stone they have swirling patterns of granite or something? Weird.

It's in the books, just never detailed by Geroge.

Really? Where is “Valyrian stone” mentioned in the books?

The words that occur after “Valyrian” are these, ranked by the number of instances:

• 60 steel
  • 6 of
  • 5 glyphs
  • 5 roads
  • 4 and
  • 4 road
  • 3 as
  • 3 sphinxes
  • 2 blades
  • 2 longswords
  • 2 scrolls
  • 2 word
  • 1 again
  • 1 amongst
  • 1 arakh
  • 1 arakhs
  • 1 army
  • 1 at
  • 1 dagger
  • 1 dragonlord
  • 1 heavily
  • 1 moored
  • 1 once
  • 1 sorcerer
  • 1 sorcery
  • 1 sphinx
  • 1 stock
  • 1 sword
  • 1 that
  • 1 tree
  • 1 was

I see no “stone”.

During one stop, he used the time to have a closer look at the road. Tyrion knew what he would find: not packed earth, nor bricks, nor cobbles, but a ribbon of fused stone raised a half foot above the ground to allow rainfall and snowmelt to run off its shoulders. Unlike the muddy tracks that passed for roads in the Seven Kingdoms, the Valyrian roads were wide enough for three wagons to pass abreast, and neither time nor traffic marred them. They still endured, unchanging, four centuries after Valyria itself had met its Doom.

Tyrion from Dance.

During one stop, he used the time to have a closer look at the road. Tyrion knew what he would find: not packed earth, nor bricks, nor cobbles, but a ribbon of fused stone raised a half foot above the ground to allow rainfall and snowmelt to run off its shoulders. Unlike the muddy tracks that passed for roads in the Seven Kingdoms, the Valyrian roads were wide enough for three wagons to pass abreast, and neither time nor traffic marred them. They still endured, unchanging, four centuries after Valyria itself had met its Doom.

Tyrion from Dance.

You beat me to the punch. Thank you.

I do still have a nitpick but not necesarily with the show itself

Where did yara/asha get that respect/ reputation with her crew who were they raiding & raping as after the greyjoy rebellion they almost started to sow

I get that euron was a pirate/ buccaneer around essos and all but the balon victarion asha / iron fleet who were they raiding untill theon arrived

I'm not sure if it's because the writers are trying to make Cat more "sympathetic" or what, but with every change they make she turns more and more into a doormat.

They had already started a little bit in Season 1 (removing her advising Ned to go to KL for example, or having her cower in a corner during the attack in the Vale when she actually killed a man in the book) but it's much more pronounced in season 2, where they're basically giving every idea she ever had to other characters. They already gave her idea of the meeting with Renly, they're setting up her decision to release Jaime as being masterminded by Tyrion and LF and now they can't even let her keep a minor suggestion like "let's sneak out the back" and instead give it to Brienne. And she keeps repeating "I should be at home with my sons !11!!" in half her scenes.

Yara continues to bug me with her bad posture. She should see a chiropractor.

I may be an oddity but the ringfort did NOT appeal to me. The old bear described it as an excellent defensive position in the books. I don't know... I expected more structures, a wall at least.

So, this was the episode for Ghost to find the dragonglass weapons. Maybe Jon hasn't left the Fist yet, but it certainly looked like they were heading out immediately. Rather disappointed by that. SURELY they aren't dropping dragonglass from the story and making Others susceptable to mundane fire.

So, Jon and ghost don't get to discover the weapon cache, who will? Grenn, Edd, Sam?

Yara continues to bug me with her bad posture. She should see a chiropractor.

I may be an oddity but the ringfort did appeal to me. The old bear described it as an excellent defensive position in the books. I don't know... I expected more structures, a wall at least.

Certainly more than a poor man's stone henge.

[mod] Keep it classy. I just had to delete something like 40 posts from this thread of crass commentary about actresses' breasts, actresses' faces and a fair few skeevy posts about sex scenes. I don't give a damn what you think about the show inside your own head, but keep that kind of commentary off these boards. Thank you. [/mod]

I agree to varying degrees with everything said in these posts. While this doesn't bother me so much yet, if you keep compressing and omitting characters and story lines to adapt the books for tv, where will it end? If you just project into the next books, you come to a total mess. If the Reeds are too much for the show, what the heck are they going to do when Dany gets to Meereen? There are more characters and individual plot lines going on there in the books than the entire show right now. My fear is that by season 4, it will get so diluted and simplified that I won't enjoy it any more!

I thought the whole point of this thread is that you weren't allowed to do it.

Yep. I think the quote button should be disabled over here. It's hard to resist the temptation to respond in a discussion board full of know-it-alls (including myself);)

Anyway, I didn't like the vault scene. It was poorly written. The impervious door should not lead up to a marriage proposal. I totally expected him to ask for the dragons' fire power. Seriously confusing.

Archived