[No Spoilers] brienne

Yes, she's massive. And so far we've seen her next to smaller actors like Catelyn and even Renly, who isn't a big guy - so she looks even larger. Plus with her armor, she's quite intimidating looking.

I remember some of us worried that she was too thin (and pretty) when her name first started circulating as a possibility for Brienne. Yes she was tall. VERY tall. But she was lean.

What she went through to prepare for the role is amazing. And she has nailed it. Brienne tonight was astonishing. Her cry of anguish at Renly's death gave me chills. Her awkward formality with Cat made me smile.

I really didn't like her reaction to Renly's death. It didn't feel genuine at all. Then, when she gives her service to Catelyn, it didn't seem believable with her hatred towards Stannis. I don't think she has Brienne's personality right at all. The fight scene in the tent was impressive though.

I think she is doing a great job - it isn't just about her size, watching her walk in the first episode we see her near Catelyn - she doesn't even come close to walking like "a lady".

I think she nailed the scene in the tent - my take is that she has never been able to deal with emotions well and this is the first time she has really been able to show them. Unfortunately for her, it happens to be to a dead man she loved.

I like that she is ungainly not only in how she moves (outside of fighting), but also how she deals with others, especially Catelyn.

Gwendolyn Christie is doing an excellent job with the Brienne character, she has totally nailed it and Brienne is exactly how I pictured her when I read the books. Her anguish when Renley was killed really had an impact on me and I just love this character. Her honor, naivete and tendency to be stubborn and fiercely loyal is coming through 100% in the way Christie plays Brienne. Probably one of the best casting jobs in the whole series.

I can't wait to see more and more of her throughout the years.....

In interviews she said she has spent months doing weight training for the role to make her physical appearance more Brienne-like. It's apparent not only from that, but especially from her performance, that she has dedicated herself 100% to bringing Brienne to life on screen. Color me quite impressed by the fight sequence in particular, that couldn't have been easy for her to pull off.

Brienne is one of my favorite characters from the book and I have to admit that I didn't really like her at first on the show. However, once I watched her first episode again I started to warm up to her and last night I thought she was perfect. I had chills when she pledged fealty to Catelyn.

IMO, Gwendolyn Christie playing Brienne has been brilliant so far. When reading the books I pictured her this way, just this massive figure that could stand against any man that came her way. I especially like her battle scenes, like in the tent where she took out those two gaurds, driving the sword in the back of the neck from behind.... eww, that made me cringe, but just re-emphasized more for me what a bad@ss she is!

I love the character of Brienne, my favorite adult female in the entire story. Everything the actor has done with the character so far has my complete approval, really glad we were able to get someone so dedicated.

That fight scene was absolutely brutal and perfect!

If those few brief seconds of her kicking all levels of ass in Renly's tent are any indication of what Gwen learned in terms of how Brienne will handle a sword, then Bri's fight with Jaime at the creekside should be epic!

She's a great actress. I love how seriously she took this role. She is also really "awkward," like she never feels quite comfortable in her skin, and that's so Brienne. She's nailed it.

Brienne is wonderfully cast, and I am really glad that Nikolaj is also listed at 6'2".

Was having Renly's guard wear actual Rainbow cloaks too blatant after seeing Renly and Loras' sex scenes? The cloaks were always a nice hint into Renley's sexuality but probably a little to corny to see in the series.

I don't think Brienne could possibly be portrayed better than this. She's been absolutely perfect so far. I think the people that felt the acting was off are just being distracted by the breakneck pace of the show. Her cry of anguish seemed pretty emotionally intense to me. Not sure how you could ask for more.

Archived