Asha/Yara Greyjoy - 8:43

Shae - 8:32

Grand Maester Pycelle - 8:17

Balon Greyjoy - 7:34

Tywin Lannister - 5:22

Sandor Clegane/The Hound* - 5:04

Jaime Lannister - 3:29

Roose Bolton - 2:13

*Gendry - highly inflated because he spends all of his time with Arya. He speaks very little. The vast majority of his dialogue was in the scene between him and Arya about her true gender/name.

*The Hound - has only had 3 lines so far.

*Renly - I counted dead Renly as screen-time. He's irrelevant now, so what the hell.

*Dany - had way more screen-time this episode than any other so far this season.

Some major absences this week - Sansa, Sandor, Varys, Shae, Ros, Robb, Joffrey, and Melisandre. Gendry was almost absent until his end of the show shirtless scene.

Glad Ros wasn't on- every minute she's on she steals from someone I like. Robb not being on is great b/c he's largely absent and only discussed in CoK. I wish the Hound had more screen time with Sansa (at the expense of Ros), but outside of that it's tracking pretty well.

Bran is receiving much less screen time than in the books. I think he is one of the top 3-4 characters in terms of POVs chapters in the book and he is way down on the list here.

On that note I find Bran's storyline to be the most boring by far and am glad to see it have little to do with the show.

With exception of Littlefinger, I think the top of the board actually works well within the parameters of the show's plot. People can't get enough of Tyrion and Arya, and I think more tv-only viewers will start to love Davos by the end of the season as well. Dany's obviously a fan favorite, but her story's been fairly weak this season imo. Theon's screentime is surprising, except they've really served his character well. I think he'll ultimately be liked more in the show than in the books.

Wow. Made-up sexposition character Ros has more than double the screen time of Tywin, Jaime, and The Hound so far this season.

There is something impure about that.

And speaking of Tywin, Charles Dance sure has made the most of his 5 minutes. I would have sworn he had more screen time than that so far.

Again thanks for the work! Glad to see Bran get some screen time this week, also loved the amount of time spent on Jon. Shocked that the hound is so low though, but to be honest I'm not a fan of his character so I'm ok with the time drop but I'm sure others aren't.

Possible addition is the halfhand? Though I may be biased since he's one of my favourite non POV characters.

I'm getting pretty tired at the Hound being ignored this season. He's had 3 lines and barely any screen time. And he had some great lines in book two as well. One of my favorite characters who now appears to be barely more than an extra.

With exception of Littlefinger, I think the top of the board actually works well within the parameters of the show's plot. People can't get enough of Tyrion and Arya, and I think more tv-only viewers will start to love Davos by the end of the season as well. Dany's obviously a fan favorite, but her story's been fairly weak this season imo. Theon's screentime is surprising, except they've really served his character well. I think he'll ultimately be liked more in the show than in the books.

I was wondering if they were going to make his future transgressions an easier pill to swallow so that his potential "redemption" is more apt to be received well.

Yeah Davos!! Glad he is getting a good amount of screentime..obviously ;)

Very disappointing to see the Hound with so little screentime and only 3 lines so far. He is one of my favorite characters!!

I am excited to see more of Jamie and Roose in the second half of the season.

Thank you for doing this hk47..you are the man!

Yeah, I expect the second half of the season will be more "Jaime - Roose - Sandor" as for the secondary characters... hope to get less of Littlefinger and Ros, though... and more of Varys!

THESE ARE THE SCREEN-TIMES OF CHARACTERS FROM EPISODES 1-5 -

Well... Conleth Hill has been missiong for two straight episodes now.

If the books are followed we won't see Asha/Yara Greyjoy or Balon Greyjoy rest of the season (in fact I think we should never see Balon again, but I don't know for the show).

Gethin Anthony is gone for good, wonder what his contract read like?

I was wondering if they were going to make his future transgressions an easier pill to swallow so that his potential "redemption" is more apt to be received well.

I think so. It showed with the" letter to robb" scene and the insistance on his dilemma between his loyalty to his family and his loyalty to the starks . I understand this decision. Imo theon's chapters from aDwD were so well written that most people who hated him by the end of aSoS were totally sympathetic by the end of aDwD. It won't be easy to imitate on screen. I think it would especially require really amazing acting.

Thanks for putting this together!

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out over the next half of the season- I imagine it will even out to an extent. For instance, Sansa is likely to get a lot of screentime in the latter half of the season- especially during the Battle of the Blackwater and the aftermath, not to mention I assume at some point she is going to end up meeting up with Dontos (unless they delay that plotline). Similarly, Theon and Jon are probably due a fair bit of screentime in the upcoming episodes, if the writers are keeping largely in line with the book. Not sure about Daenerys, but I imagine the House of the Undying scene will definitely be cropping up later this season, and may well be sizeable. Davos and the Hound are likely to get sizeable scenes in the Battle of the Blackwater, and we know Jaime's getting at least one more scene this season. Arya and Tyrion (And Bronn? How does he stack up time wise, given he shares so many scenes with Tyrion) are going to have a lot more screen time this season, being realistic. Robb will need a few more scenes to adequately set up his romance.

In terms of other characters- I wouldn't be surprised if Littlefinger and the Tyrells were absent for a couple of episodes, to have them turn up later in the season, but they might well get a couple of small scenes in the meantime. Let's see...

Overall, though, I think it's fair to say that Tyrion and Arya are likely to get the most screentime this season as a whole.

Archived