{Book Spolier} Ramsey is a No-go?

I have given up hope of seeing him this season, which is very sad. There is no way they can cut him out completely though, he MUST come early next season. I know I am not the only one who liked Theon's chapters the best in ADWD, and HBO surely knows that as well.

I like the ideas above of having an extra (perhaps just really dirty and in a hood) be Reek, and disappear at the end, then he comes back and is Ramsay next season.

Though I do remember a scene from the previews that has horses circling around Theon in Winterfell. I don't know who is doing that..perhaps Asha?

If Roose and Ramsay are combined...no..sorry I can't even speculate because that idea is too ridiculous to me.

Has Ramsey being removed been confirmed? The only thing we've missed so far is any build up to him. Which could easily happen in the next episode. He really doesn't show up until after Theon takes Winterfell.

The only thing that has been confirmed is that no one has officially been cast as Reek or Ramsay for this season. He could still come next season, but it's difficult to see how he could do so as Reek, and it doesn't appear that there is any way he could be the one suggesting the substitute bodies for Bran and Rickon, which based on previews does still happen this season.

Not sure if the tidbit from the preview (Roose informing Robb and Cat that the North has been attacked) is going to mean that Robb will send Roose back north. He would march himself, not send someone in his stead, if he intended to do anything at once. I rather expect Roose to challenge Robb on this decision, strongly urging him to march back home and deal with the invaders since a king without a kingdom is no king at all.

I can't imagine the rest of the series with out Theon's story. That being said, I can imagine the rest of this season without Reek. Imagine if Robb sends Bolton back to Winterfell to take care of the invaders. At some point, Bolton (or someone else) mentions his family life and there you have the background you need for this season. Bolton then takes control of Winterfell taking the place of Reek's character at the end of Clash. Then in the beginning of next season, we are really introduced to Bolton's bastard son :devil: ... and the story takes off from there. So just because there isn't any Ramsay in this season doesn't mean there won't be one in the next.

With next season covering half of Storm, maybe they'll save a few characters for next year.

Has Ramsey being removed been confirmed? The only thing we've missed so far is any build up to him. Which could easily happen in the next episode. He really doesn't show up until after Theon takes Winterfell.

Still hoping for a surprise name playing Ramsey appearing in episode 10

All we need is a mention of his Bastard from Lord Bolton to Rob after the news of Winterfells fall

Then the Bolton men showing up with a Helmeted leader who kills Roderic before the Bolton men kill the others,

Theon being stupid then opens the gates

Bolton men file in, Theon says lots of stupid things about welcoming his new allies

Helm gets lifted and Ramsay says something like kill them all

Massacre of Winterfell

you could do most with extras as stand ins and film the helm lift the day before the air date if you so chose

D + D have been quoted as saying several characters from Book 2 have been "delayed" until season 3 to avoid introducing too many new characters at once, Ramsey certainly could be one of these characters.

Hopefully by next episode we'll start hearing about him. Otherwise I'll be worried. He's a good character to build up. I remember just hearing little things about the "Bastard of Bolton" - the name alone creeps you out. But there's been no talk of him and/or lady hornwood, and the iron islanders are already at torrhens square.

The thinking now is that Ramsay will be introduced, but just barely, and Theon will not dissapear after season two. He will instead stay on and then dissapear for one season. So: we'd see his torture. Just my thinking, at least. Very hard to cut a cast member loose for two or three seasons otherwise.

It's interesting that we don't have info for episode ten yet. We know the battle of Blackwater is in ep. nine, so I imagine the Winterfell arc will be wrapped up in ten. I have no idea if Ramsay could have been secretly cast and filmed without any leeks is possible, but I hold out hope. Maybe he takes Winterfell at the beginning of season three and we aren't shown the Bran and Rickon are alive until then?

I can't imagine they'll go two seasons without Theon, especially since Alfie Allen's performance has been so great. It could be very interesting to see him defiant at first, then morphing slowly into Reek. The Kyra and the keys part could be very compelling and horrifying.

It is possible that Ramsay's been cast for ep and nothing leaked, but highly improbable... I'm still thinking he will only appear under a helmet or a hood by the end of the season, and we'll see him next season torturing Theon... most obvious choice...

That, or it is Roose who takes his place, which would leave a vacant place for a Notherner bannerman to retake Harrenhal from Tywin...

This leads to Weasel Soup, which is something I'm afraid is going to be cut.

Ramsey is out this season. Roose is going to go up to winterfell to "take it back" then betray Rob without him knowing and fill Ramseys part. The season will end with Roose burning Winterfell ...and then bringing a captured Theon back to the dreadfort and handing him over to his bastard son.(or this could happen very early season 3). Although the Reek = Ramsey thing was an awesome surprise, would be too confusing for tv show.. I will be happy with the above events, because it still sticks with the main story plots and reinforces the betrayel of Roose Bolton, which makes his part in the RW more vile and more identifyable to a TV audience.

I really don't see how Roose going to Winterfell makes sense unless they really really mess with the story. Him being at Harrenhal for Jaime is a key part of the dramatic "Jaime Lannister sends his regards", to say nothing of the importance of his presence at the Red Wedding itself.

More likely, if Ramsay isn't cast this season they're merely changing how his identity and culpability for what happens at Winterfell is revealed.

Well, I just wrote this in another thread, but I guess I'll expand on it. Ramsay just can't be cut. There is so much commotion right now over Joffrey's evilness. Whenever I talk to someone, they just can't get over him. Terrible, evil villains = ratings. Because HBO can do whatever they want on tv (almost), they can really, really go all-out with Ramsay and just make him one of the worst television villains out there. Thought Joffrey was bad? Ha! .....Why give up that opportunity? He's also important to the plot.

There's also the possibility that he's been kept under wraps and will be introduced this season, although I find this unlikely. Didn't it happen with Polliver, however? Polliver is not nearly as important as Ramsay though. Anyway, at least a mention of Ramsay in the next couple of episodes would make me breathe a sigh of relief. If Roose makes some kind of comment that he has no children I just might throw up.

I can't imagine that they would do that. Theon's ADwD storyline is a fan favorite. The torture and redemption that he goes through is also right up HBOs dramatic alley. I'm sure they would find ways to spread out his story enough to last through the other seasons.

I agree completely, but let's be honest here, Theon's storyline has almost very little relevance to the major character storylines and the overall plot, so as awesome of a story as it was, it's certainly become one of the most expendable. No Ramsay, no Jeyne Poole, Roose Bolton's role has changed, we don't even know how Theon attacking Winterfell will play out this season. There are too many factors pointing to that story being cut.

I agree completely, but let's be honest here, Theon's storyline has almost very little relevance to the major character storylines and the overall plot, so as awesome of a story as it was, it's certainly become one of the most expendable. No Ramsay, no Jeyne Poole, Roose Bolton's role has changed, we don't even know how Theon attacking Winterfell will play out this season. There are too many factors pointing to that story being cut.

Yes, because Dany's useless storyline where she stays on Mereen for nine chapters is more important , ok whatever you say dude !

I'm not sold on Ramsay/Reek being completely cut out, we know he won't be appearing directly but I can see him being mentioned to the point where non-readers will know who and what he is without ever seeing him; like Stannis in season 1.

Whether Robb asks Roose to retake Winterfell or not remains to be seen. I'm unsure what evidence there is on this. I can, however, see a change coming where Robb asks him to do this and perhaps Roose declares that Harrenhal is more important, leaving Winterfell to be retaken by his "bastard son", who is again only mentioned. Later on, we would see Theon being overwhelmed and Winterfell being sacked by an unnamed Bolton force, which the audience can only assume is being led by The Bastard of Bolton. Even non-readers should find this compelling and it also doesn't immediately out Roose as a villain, and stays true to the books in that way at least.

So what this would mean is the only part of the twist that disappears is the question of who "Reek" is, but it's my opinion that Theon's decision about the miller's boys is so much more hard-hitting when it is his own.

I'm also imagining tonnes of Theon torture sequences that could be spread about through Season 3 and 4; such as his attempted escape with that girl. It would be very fitting if his torture was slow brooding, perhaps only a few scenes each season so we could see his slow decline into becoming the Reek he is by book 5. So perhaps Ramsay is introduced as early as Season 3?

Yeah, I'm not all that worried I guess.

Archived