Would Tyrion kill Jaime?

Batman

I really do not understand when people say "for all the horrible things he is done" in relation to Jaime.

I can only recall two things that he has done that can be considered on the evil side of the spectrum; Killing Aerys (Which was justifiable) and pushing Bran out of a window (Also justifiable, but to a lesser extent).

Are people just being silly or am I missing something here?

Tyrion will be Dany's betrayal for love: she will have the Kingslayer about to roast over an open pit and Tyrion will somehow intervene to save him

I really really really hope that what you said comes true in the books!

I really do not understand when people say "for all the horrible things he is done" in relation to Jaime.

I can only recall two things that he has done that can be considered on the evil side of the spectrum; Killing Aerys (Which was justifiable) and pushing Bran out of a window (Also justifiable, but to a lesser extent).

Fucking his sister, thus leading to the War of Five Kings?

Fucking his sister, thus leading to the War of Five Kings?

You do realize it was actually

Littlefinger, with the help of Lysa Tully,

that got the ball rolling, right? I wouldn't consider "fucking his sister" an evil act.

All I'm trying to say is that Jaime isn't an evil character yet people like to act as if he is.

That lie he told Tyrion about Tysha?

If I were Tyrion, I'd kill him.For all the animosity that seems to exist between Cersei and Tyrion, it is arguable that Jaime is the one who has harmed him the most.

If I were Tyrion, I'd kill him.For all the animosity that seems to exist between Cersei and Tyrion, it is arguable that Jaime is the one who has harmed him the most.

A lie he told to protect the honour of his house. Tyrion was young and we can tell from his POV chapters and other's that he was much too immature at that time to love a woman.

If anything that lie Jaime told was a very good thing.

This is really Tywin's crime - it's clear that Tywin has enormous power over his children. Should Jaime have gone along with it - obviously not.. but he would never have done it on his own, and Tyrion has done the exact same thing - allowed himself to be pressured into doing things by Tywin, so if anyone should understand, it's him.

This is really Tywin's crime - it's clear that Tywin has enormous power over his children. Should Jaime have gone along with it - obviously not.. but he would never have done it on his own, and Tyrion has done the exact same thing - allowed himself to be pressured into doing things by Tywin, so if anyone should understand, it's him.

The question is what Jaime could have done to prevent this. He was a knight sworn to protect the innocent, Tysha was innocent. He didn't really care for her when he attacked the men who tried to rape her. It could have been any other woman from poor Tysha to Catelyn Tully and he would save her anyway. Still family means a lot to Jaime, Tyrion is his little brother, he loves and protects him but Tywin is Father. Jaime is religious in a very peculiar way. He thinks of himself as the Warrior, of Cersei as the Maid and then the Stranger and Tywin is the Father. His love for Tywin is one of the reasons he killed Aerys. Jaime spent most of his life loving Cersei, protecting Tyrion and trying to obey and please Tywin and being a knight. This is the source of his conflicting actions and personality. He stood and watched while an innocent girl was raped just as he stood and watched while Aerys raped Rhaella. The question is whether Jaime ever shared his experience as Aerys' Kingsguard with anyone other than Brienne.

Yeah, I can't see Tyrion ever killing Jaime. If anything I think he regrets lashing out at Jamie after he heard about Tysha.

Jaime "looked the other way" with Tysha, at his father's command, and Tyrion knows full well the force of personality and authority that Tywin could bring to bear. Not wonderful on Jaime's part, obviously, but not a huge and unforgivable act given the circumstances.

I don't consider pushing Bran out the window justifiable in the least.

If someone dies while you're in the midst of committing a crime, it's felony murder even if you weren't the one to kill him yourself. The fact that Jaime was doing it to protect himself and his family makes him more culpable, not less, as it is clearly a calculated decision rather than a crime of passion.

No.

Tyrion was clearly furious with Jaime when the truth about Tysha was revealed -- hence why Tyrion revealed the truth about Cersei's relationship with Lancel and Kettleblack and then "confessed" to killing Joffrey. I think the rage and sadness stayed with him through the first half of ADwD, but it seems to me that by the end he genuinely misses Jaime. I still believe Tyrion would fill Cersei with quarrels if given the opportunity, but not Jaime. And as for Jaime, he genuinely loves Tyrion, and I'm hoping that they have a chance to come to some sort of understanding before the story ends.

The only reason Tyrion had the strength to kill Shae/Tywin was the heat of the moment. Jamie had just revealed Tysha and Tyrion was surprised by Shae being in Tywin's bed. Had Tyrion the time to think and relax, he probably wouldn't have killed them.

Same concept applies with Jaime. Given the time away Tyrion has had, he would not kill Jaime now. But there is certainly a conceivable scenario which could cause Tyrion to be capable.

Near the beginning of Tyrion's story arc in ADWD,he has a dream about killing Cersie and Jaime.If I remember right in the dream he has 2 heads and Tyrion says that after killing Jaime,one of his heads was crying.So the question of whether Tyrion could kill Jaime,I'd have to say a resounding ,"No".

Tyrion is furious at Jaime for his part in the Tysha debacle ,but I think he will forgive him.Afterall ,Jaime finally telling the truth scores some points,doesn't it?

He might be a bit angry at him now, but at bow-point, he wouldn't be able to bring himself to do it. He loves the guy, and they share a bond that they don't have with anyone else. Case in point - Tyrion in the Blackwater, when he thought that it was Jaime who saved him because who else would.

Archived