[Book Spoilers] The Masked Lady

catstory

I liked the Quaithe bit...she seemed weird and mysterious, almost alien, which is the exact vibe you want to achieve with that character.

Incidentally, I didn't make the gimp mask connection at all until a ton of folks on Twitter and half the people here made that comparison. So now I'll never be able to look at her the same way again. Thanks a lot pervs! :P

Since her original appearance was cut I assumed she wasn't in the show (particularly since in the books it doesn't appear that Dany ever actually will go East first), so I was pleasantly surprised to see her. I really liked the mask too.

Thanks for the answer. Did we know that she was cast? If not, I wonder if this means that the Reeds might still have a chance of being in this season and their casting was just not announced. I can imagine them coming in to befriend Bran right before Theon gets there and then helping him escape. I can't wait for the House of the Undying scene. And am I wrong in thinking Ser Barristan and Strong Belwas will also come in at the end of this season?

Thanks for the answer. Did we know that she was cast? If not, I wonder if this means that the Reeds might still have a chance of being in this season and their casting was just not announced. I can imagine them coming in to befriend Bran right before Theon gets there and then helping him escape. I can't wait for the House of the Undying scene. And am I wrong in thinking Ser Barristan and Strong Belwas will also come in at the end of this season?

Yes, Laura Pradelska was announced as Quaithe back in June or July of last year.

In the books Ser Barristan and Strong Belwas come in at the end of the 2nd book at the Qarth port.

DB Weiss and David Benioff have said that they haven't cut characters from the story, but due to the huge increase in characters this season they are simply prolonging their introduction into the series and only having the really necessary characters. I think that they will introduce the Reeds next season somewhere along the journey after the events at Winterfell.

Cool mask, but not Quaithe's mask. Her mask needed to be a solid red lacquer mask that shows absolutely nothing of her face. And I expected the rest of her clothing to cover up her body as well, so that for all we knew you were talking to a shadow wearing a suit of clothing.

Good voice though, IMO.

Archived