Who would have the highest IQ?

Ser Erebus

Well, that's not what the question was about. It was about IQ, i.e. the ability to solve geometric puzzles, not about character, emotional resilience, integrity, etc. You could as well say that Gregor had the highest IQ, because he was very tall, very strong and fearless.

I beg your pardon? Did you understand anything of what I wrote?

IQ= (Mental Age/Chronological Age)x100

In no Particular order:

I would have to go with Tyrion, Maester Luwin, Maester Aemon, Varys, The Tattered Prince, Meera, Sam, the Reader, LF, Davos, Roose Bolton, and Old Nan

For IQ purposes, chronological age taps somewhere in the teens, doesn't it?

Some of the suggestions in the OP are a little, ahem, underwhelming, I mean, Rhaegar?

Rhaegar might have a case for the top spot.

A guy who is excellent at whatever he sets his mind to? That's pretty damned brilliant. In fact I've seen people on here who mitigate his martial skills because he was more intellectual than warrior, as though one negates the other. I don't think that's necessarily true...I just think it's rare to find a warrior who is also an intellectual.

Rhaegar might have a case for the top spot. A guy who is excellent at whatever he sets his mind to? That's pretty damned brilliant. In fact I've seen people on here who mitigate his martial skills because he was more intellectual than warrior, as though one negates the other. I don't think that's necessarily true...I just think it's rare to find a warrior who is also an intellectual.
Dude seriously? Rhaegar? He and Darkstar, are definitely at the top, am I right?

Dude seriously? Rhaegar? He and Darkstar, are definitely at the top, am I right?

Darkstar? Why him? Hasn't shown anything.

Rhaegar wouldn't be my choice for top, but he'd be up there. Applied intelligence translates very well to I.Q. tests...(which aren't my favorite form of testing intelligence anyways)...and Rhaegar's applied intelligence as per the book is pretty much the definition of prodigy/genius.

Howland Reed may be on this list as well, though we don't know enough about him to say yet I suppose.

Also, I still am going to have to defend LF as a choice..he is one smart dude. Though I suppose we will have to see what his master stroke and endgame is to really comprehend his true intelligence.

Howland Reed may be on this list as well, though we don't know enough about him to say yet I suppose.

Also, I still am going to have to defend LF as a choice..he is one smart dude. Though I suppose we will have to see what his master stroke and endgame is to really comprehend his true intelligence.

well he seems a one trick pony to me

Darkstar? Why him? Hasn't shown anything. Rhaegar wouldn't be my choice for top, but he'd be up there. Applied intelligence translates very well to I.Q. tests...(which aren't my favorite form of testing intelligence anyways)...and Rhaegar's applied intelligence as per the book is pretty much the definition of prodigy/genius.
Dark Star, is like the mysterious character who gets thrown out as a formidable opponent yet failed to kill an 8 year old girl and is utterly unimpressive based on what we've actually seen of him.

Dark Star, is like the mysterious character who gets thrown out as a formidable opponent yet failed to kill an 8 year old girl and is utterly unimpressive based on what we've actually seen of him.

Yeah, I was testing out a theory that the best way to respond to sarcasm is to treat it literally, but I don't really have the patience for it. :(

im suprised at the ppl who are playing down littlefinger's intelligence. When i saw this thread i instantly thought of him, and i would probably put him at number 1.

I wouldn't put LF at the top, but he'd certainly be on the list.

What's the objection to him? Most of his flaws are behavioral, not intellectual.

1: Varys 2: Petyr Baelish ("Littlefinger is the second most cunning man in the Seven Kingdoms...") 3: Tywin Lannister, he may be a "bad" person but he is cunning, deceptive and does what needs to be done. 4: Tyrion Lannister, for book-smarts, decent skill at playing the game, not put any higher for putting his trust on a whore, a sellsword, and a spider. 5: Roose Bolton - villains can be intelligent. 6: Aemon Targaryen, because wisdom trumps raw intelligence 11 times out of 10. I don't understand why people think Rhaegar is smart. It wasn't implied anywhere in the books. He was reportedly "good at everything he did", but it's quite a stretch from there on to genius level. Fan admiration?
oh come on Varys is a total joke. Anyone, Marwyn, Euron, Aemon, Lady Olena, Sarella Jojen Reed, Moqorro, Tatters, Shit Illyrio is smarter than Varys, Arya, Sandor.

I mean Varys is a guy who knows how to use theatrical grade make up and costumes. That's about it.

well he seems a one trick pony to me

We are going to have to agree to disagree for now I suppose.

he's unable or willing to change his tactics or when to lay it low thats why he's not so high in my list

on the other side intelligence and wisdom and two pair of shoes

Who are your top 3?

Archived