What are the characters you enjoyed the most to read about?

mor2

Anyone here liked Dunk and Egg?

Id love to get my hands on the Dunk and Egg storys, I've come across a few copies online but they are all quite expensive. Havent come across any in a book shop yet, if I do Ill definiately buy them.

• 3 weeks later...

All characters are masterly done and unique, every POV character has different view on the world and that's great and quite enjoyable for reading (even Cersei with her pride-spectacles and delusions of grandeur; the only one boring was Catelyn with her emotions running ahead of reason all the time). That being said, I'd have to say the most fun are Tyrion, Asha and Jaime (who absolutely delighted me with his inner transformation and, nevertheless, he kept his good sense of humour). I would very much like to see Petyr (Littlefinger) as POV character, but I have a feeling that won't happen, he's just too cool

Jaime and Theon, just for the absolute personality and appearance overhauls they've went through, I find their story to be the most interesting by far.
Jaimie is strangely one of my favorite characters because he is a great warrior who lost his sword hand and his father and was forced to rethink his way of life. Witnessing his transformation has forced me to see him in a much different light. To know what he did for Kings Landing and not bragging about it takes some serious will power for someone as arrogant as The Kingslayer.Every single Jaime chapter provides an enjoyable read just like Tyrion's chapters. He pushed Bran out a window and yet I don't want him to die. Theon on the other hand I will hate forever. I enjoy the suffering he's going through. It's better than having him die. However what makes his chapters so special to me is the fact that it all takes place at Winterfell. I need to know whats happening in the North and seeing it through his eyes makes the experience a lot more personal because the state that Winterfell is in is all his fault. To see him suffer mentally from a guilty conscience makes me see him as a human being even though I despise him . Plus we get to see Roose and Ramsay Bolton , two of the best "villains" in the series. The fact that Jaime is one of my favorite characters even though he crippled Bran and that I enjoy Theon's chapters even though I hate him show just how great GRRM is as a writer.

Id love to get my hands on the Dunk and Egg storys, I've come across a few copies online but they are all quite expensive. Havent come across any in a book shop yet, if I do Ill definiately buy them.
Found myself copies of all 3 Dunk and Egg tales for a reasonable price, cant wait till they arrive.

Found myself copies of all 3 Dunk and Egg tales for a reasonable price, cant wait till they arrive.

Everyone complains about cost, but dont realize theyre actually looking at the graphic novel version. I got all 3 of the compilations with D&E novellas in them for under $30 on Amazon.

That being said, in response to the OP

Jaime

Jon Snow

This really changes from book to book. So much so I think i'd better go through them all individually.

Game of thrones; I'm not sure if I had a favourite. Ned deserves a mention though as it's the only chance we get to read things from his perspective. To be honest, I saw the show before reading the books and kinda rushed through the novel to move on to new material. Even though I appreciated the depth of the book compared to the show I really don't think I did it much justice on my first read .

Clash of kings is all about Tyrion for me. His time as hand had me hooked. Even though I have no great love for the Lannisters I was really rooting for Tyrion to hold King's landing. I did have a sneaking suspicion though that things were going just a little bit to well for him.

Storm of Swords is another tough one. So much is going on in this book it's hard to say. I think I was more interested in the plot than any one character. Gonna have to give this more thought after a re-read.

In A Feast For Crows I have a bit of a soft spot for Brienne's chapters. I know they're not the most important to the plot, but they're full of atmosphere and memorable characters like Nimble Dick and Septon Meribald. I knew she was never going to find Sansa, but for some reason that just didn;t matter to me. Like they say, it's the journey and not the destination.

In ADWD Theon steals the show. I'd enjoyed reading about him in COK and seeing him as Reek was both brilliant and heartbreaking at the same time. I really enjoyed seeing him rebuild his shattered ego piece by piece, and I have to admit it was probably the highlight of the book for me.

Archived