"It shall not end until my death": If Jon is resurrected, is he free?

Damon_Tor

The daughter of death segment in regard to Dany can be explained this way: she became the Targaryen heir and the mother of dragons through Viserys', Drogo's and Rhaego's death.

Jon being released from his vows by dying and being resurrected seems lame to me. Besides that, his whole character arc is devoting himself to fighting the others, not a mere ritual.

Someone, I can't remember who, had the batshit-crazy-but-also-weirdly-awesome-idea that they'd try to burn Jon's "corpse" and he'd walk out of the fire, alive. Not going to happen and it'd be another confusing case of a Targ dodging fire (which I despise), but it has its own weird charm.

In this case, Jon himself would be "Lightbringer", forged in flame.

In this case, Jon himself would be "Lightbringer", forged in flame.

It seems lile it would give away the whole R+L=J thing a little to early. We have only seen Thoros give the kiss of life thing, we don't know if Mel does this, it is a last rite its wasn't supposed to ressurect Beric. There is no evidence that we know of, of this happening anywhere else. I thought Mel might do something like what Mirri did with Drogo to revive him. Mirri said she learned this in Asshaii, maybe from Mel, who knows, but their were shadows in the tent. It was weird, I was rereading that bit for the Mirri appreciatiomn thread and one shadow looked like a wolf and one was a burning man both which could be connected with the Starks. The whole bit with Jon being in Ghost would prevent him from becoming a vegatable like Drogo.

do you think it is possible that jon does not die from the wounds, thus isnt needed to come back from the dead? maybe he gets healed like victarion instead of getting resurrected

I would prefer if he just had a couple of boo-boos. I don't want to see him healed like Vic, something is not right with that. In my scenario he would just be motaly wounded I suppose. I think somebody was dinking with Jons head a little in his last chapter but who remains a mystery.

Archived