Someone other than Dany, Jon Could end up with

houseHB

What about this for a crackpot.... If Jon turns out to be the son of R+L then he is not a brother to Arya but a cousin. Maybe when Arya and Jon are eventually reunited she will be grown up and as beautiful as Lyanna was (she was often compared to her). It is not unusual in Westeros for cousins to marry it is quiet common, even brothers and sisters are at!! There would definitely be no dispute about there being a true Stark in Winterfell.........

I've repeatedly suggested this and then the axes, spears and longbows come out. They grew up as brother and sister, people say, they'd never marry and it would be creepy to marry your 'hal-sister' even it turned out she wasn't.

And I can't stand the thought of Jon and Dany - no boffing aunts!

Why can't he stay Lord Commander of the Wall and uphold his vows?

I've repeatedly suggested this and then the axes, spears and longbows come out. They grew up as brother and sister, people say, they'd never marry and it would be creepy to marry your 'hal-sister' even it turned out she wasn't.

And I can't stand the thought of Jon and Dany - no boffing aunts!

Why can't he stay Lord Commander of the Wall and uphold his vows?

Despite agreeing with your last point, I'm afraid I can't like your post, because Arya+Jon is just a no-go. No spears, axes or longbows here though ;)

Patchface, most probably.

The situation is slightly different though, Catelyn and Brandon were only betrothed. Changing the bridegroom was mainly in order to honour that contract. As Jeyne is Robb's widow, there is no such promise involved.

What about Margaery? Is it just because it wasn't consumed?

One last thing:

I´ve already written so on the Bran + Shireen thread, but please, Meera/Bran shippers, take into account that Meera is sixteen and Bran is nine. When I was ten, I had a big crush on the fifteen-year-old boy who took a part time job in school canteen (he was washing dishes, in case you wonder). The boy quit after half a year and I survived it without lifelong issues. Really, Bran´s crush on Meera is adorable, but for Meera like him back (as anything other than a friend, albeit a great one) would be just disgusting, sick and wrong. ASoIaF maybe tought me to get over incest (in fiction), but I certainly hope that it won´t happen with paedophilia. :ack:

Really too big a word. In the 1632 series we have a couple of this type: eight-year-old Kristina of Sweden betrothed to twenty-something Prince Ulrik of Denmark. She likes him, he likes her, they will get married (unless Eric Flint will kill one of them), and yet there's absolutely nothing sexual in their relationship, not now and not for many years to come. Paedophilia? Give me a break.

This said, I'm not aboard Bran-Meera ship, simply because Meera is quite likable, while Bran as a person is dead boring.

Aw what. I wouldn't go quite so far as to call it pedophilia, but I can see your point. Still.. it was so sweet :wub: Nothing has to happen right now, anyway. I'd love Arya and Gendry to end up together, but in the future, when she's at a reasonable age, so the same goes for Bran and Meera.

What would you call a sixteen-year-old having urges over nine-year-old? :huh:

Maybe I´m little too hard here, but some things just disturb me. Bran and Meera could make a good match in some five years, but again, there would be practical reasons against it. Also, do we know how Meera sees Bran?

And unfortunately, Arya/Gendry kills me, too. They would be great for each other later in life, but Arya would have to give up her identity of a Stark forever. :frown5:

Really too big a word. In the 1632 series we have a couple of this type: eight-year-old Kristina of Sweden betrothed to twenty-something Prince Ulrik of Denmark. She likes him, he likes her, they will get married (unless Eric Flint will kill one of them), and yet there's absolutely nothing sexual in their relationship, not now and not for many years to come. Paedophilia? Give me a break.

This said, I'm not aboard Bran-Meera ship, simply because Meera is quite likable, while Bran as a person is dead boring.

Uhm, I didn´t say that Meera was a pedophile. I said that she would be if she had a crush on Bran. Having an actual romantic interest in somebody and acting kindly towards a little girl who was berothed to you in dynastic agreement is a big difference.

The point I was trying to make with that post was the age discrepancy between Bran and Meera. I don´t think there´s a chance we will see them get together because Bran would have to age up by some five six years at first, and the time span of the rest of the series will be probably much shorter. Unless GRRM is going to pull up Harry Potter style Epilogue in aDoS (please, GRRM, don´t!), I just don´t see any possibility for it.

Uhm, I didn´t say that Meera was a pedophile. I said that she would be if she had a crush on Bran. Having an actual romantic interest in somebody and acting kindly towards a little girl who was berothed to you in dynastic agreement is a big difference.

Right. And did anyone here suggested that they'd like Meera to have impure thoughts about Bran, right now? Or do the shippers just want them to end together at some point in the future?

What would you call a sixteen-year-old having urges over nine-year-old? :huh:

Maybe I´m little too hard here, but some things just disturb me. Bran and Meera could make a good match in some five years, but again, there would be practical reasons against it. Also, do we know how Meera sees Bran?

And unfortunately, Arya/Gendry kills me, too. They would be great for each other later in life, but Arya would have to give up her identity of a Stark forever. :frown5:

Well, she's not having urges, thankfully. And I'm not sure Bran could.. you know, with him being paralyzed and all. I think it's sweet if it's mostly for companionship, I don't recall Bran having any sexual fantasies about Meera, he just loves being with her. I know he's 9, so I wouldn't expect to see any sexual fantasies coming from him, but it is so easy to forget that they're all so young. When you put it like that, 'a 16 year old having urges over a 9 year old', it sounds creepy and gross, but in the context we see Bran and Meera, it doesn't seem creepy and gross, if that makes sense?

As for Arya and Gendry, I agree. I'm so torn when it comes to her. But I think, personality-wise, Gendry is probably the best match for her (that we've seen). He'd accept her for who she is, wouldn't expect her to be all ladylike, because he's a low-born bastard himself. If they married (in the future), it'd be for love, and I don't see Arya marrying for any other reason.

Really, out of all the pairings people mention Gendra/Arya pairing is most awful.. really.. really... bad bad bad. Thank God, or gods be they of fire, many faces, or whatever, GRRM mentioned in one of the interviews that even if Gendry and Arya ever meet together again(not very likely) they have no future of any romantic kind!!

Other than that...

Zombie Gregor will end up with Sansa

Sandor will end up with Dany

Jon will end up with Nymeria

Varys will end up with Briene

Jamie with Shireen

Bran with Podrick

Shagga will tame Cersei(after Cersei will be sent there to get mountain clans under control, HA)

and of course Loras will end up with UnCat.

Right. And did anyone here suggested that they'd like Meera to have impure thoughts about Bran, right now? Or do the shippers just want them to end together at some point in the future?

No. (to your first question)

I was just trying to say that their possible future relationship doesn´t have any foundation, except that little boy has a cute crush on a girl in her late puberty. She doesn´t even like him in that way (which is right). And even if she fell for him in a few years time, ASoIaF doesn´t seem to be a series where love conquers all and everybody gets his happy ending.

Really, out of all the pairings people mention Gendra/Arya pairing is most awful.. really.. really... bad bad bad. Thank God, or gods be they of fire, many faces, or whatever, GRRM mentioned in one of the interviews that even if Gendry and Arya ever meet together again(not very likely) they have no future of any romantic kind!!

Wait, what? Really? May I ask which interview he said that in? My dreams are being shattered tonight :crying:

Thank you, I'll have a little dig around. This news saddens me, not gonna lie :frown5:

It was the same interview where he mentioned something about Loras and Renly being gay... probably about 3 quorters into interview.

I was listening to all his interviews one after another one day and clearly cought that part.

If Jon does somehow become Lord of Winterfell, I think marrying Val could be a good political move to further secure the newly forged bond between "kneelers" and the free folk. Hopefully the Northerners would be content having a son of a Stark being Lord of Winterfell, especially if Jon saves the realm from the Others and helps win back the North from the Bolton/Frey/Lannister alliance.

I think it would give LF an opportunity to present Sansa as the better heir. Her marriage can be annulled or she could be made a widow.

The Northmen who dislike the fact that they're following another legitimized bastard who this time is married to a wildling would support Sansa over him.

I don't think there's time in the story though for there to be competition over claims b/w the Stark children and Jon. Rickon presents a quick solution.

If Jon becomes King material by the 7th book and is unmarried and refuses to leave the Wall, woman from all over the realm might try to make the trek to the wall to win his hand in marriage and be his Queen. That would actually be very funny.

Westeros' first reality show! lmao

Maybe Jon will follow Rhaegar's lead and take multiple wives. All shippers satisfied and Margaery might actually get bedded this time :laugh:

I think it would give LF an opportunity to present Sansa as the better heir. Her marriage can be annulled or she could be made a widow.

The Northmen who dislike the fact that they're following another legitimized bastard who this time is married to a wildling would support Sansa over him.

I don't think there's time in the story though for there to be competition over claims b/w the Stark children and Jon. Rickon presents a quick solution.

Great point. Jon certainly isn't the best candidate for Lord of Winterfell given who's alive currently. That last post of mine was more of a hypothetical.

Archived