Is Tommen Roberts trueborn heir?

The Greenseer

I have been thinking that it is possible that Tommen could be Roberts trueborn son.

A couple of things lead me to consider this:

1) He is kind natured

2) He is chubby

3) I don't recall him being described as golden haired.

I could be way off base, but what if? I doubt there is any paternity tests in Westeros that would be accepted. Could put to rest all of the claims to the crown. Anyhow it seems like whoever can take power by strength is going to do it.

Thoughts?

1) Robert is kind natured? What? When is he shown to be kind or gentle or anything like that?

2) Being overweight is hardly a sure fire indicator of parentage - it says far more about lifestyle if anything, and that's shown by the fact that Robert was a muscular, fit knight for most of his life.

3) He does have blonde hair.

Most importantly, Cersei expressly says he's not Robert's.

As has been said, Tommen is in no small part a nice kid because he was never groomed for rule like Joffrey by someone whose ideas of leadership are. . .well, not the best. Of course, we don't know enough about Cersei's children to say all that much about them; who's to say who Tommen's primary influence was?

Just bc Cersei says tommen is jaime's does not make it so. Condoms and vasectomies aren't even 100% so I'm sure neither are Cersei's methods that she seems so sure of.

Except for the part where Tommen has Lannister gold hair and every single one of Robert's kids has his black hair and blue eyes. And Cersei's methods seem to be keeping Robert out of her ladybusiness completely.

Except for the part where Tommen has Lannister gold hair and every single one of Robert's kids has his black hair and blue eyes. And Cersei's methods seem to be keeping Robert out of her ladybusiness completely.

1) yeah, but all the Lannisters are blond and they have likely bred with dark haired ppl too. Something has to give with two houses with distinctive hair color.

2) I thought Cersei "finished" him outside her lady business. As we all know, that isn't good enough to prevent pregnancy if king Robert was poking around before being finished

Edit: I can just see stupid Cersei incorrectly understanding what causes pregnancy and incorrectly ruling out Robert as the father

1) yeah, but all the Lannisters are blond and they have likely bred with dark haired ppl too. Something has to give with two houses with distinctive hair color.

2) I thought Cersei "finished" him outside her lady business. As we all know, that isn't good enough to prevent pregnancy if king Robert was poking around before being finished

Edit: I can just see stupid Cersei incorrectly understanding what causes pregnancy and incorrectly ruling out Robert as the father

Cersei explicitely says that she has not allowed Robert "inside her" for years (nasty topic, I agree).

And she is not that stupid. What do you think she believed?

Just bc Cersei says tommen is jaime's does not make it so. Condoms and vasectomies aren't even 100% so I'm sure neither are Cersei's methods that she seems so sure of.

I am pretty sure that Cersie's "methods" were 100% effective. She had one method, a very effective form of contraception, she just didn't sleep with Robert. She said it herself to Ned Stark, when he came to bed he was so drunk and there were other ways to keep him happy. In the morning he never knew any better. I think she was so despised Robert so much that she would have made absolute certain that he was never the father of any of her children. I also think the son that she talked to Cateyln about at Winterfell, the one that died was probably Roberts true born son. I would have to double check, I don't have the book near by, I am pretty sure she said that boy had black hair!! I wonder what that child really died from?????

I also think the son that she talked to Cateyln about at Winterfell, the one that died was probably Roberts true born son. I would have to double check, I don't have the book near by, I am pretty sure she said that boy had black hair!! I wonder what that child really died from?????

That scene was purely an invention of the show. Cersei never had Robert's child in the books. She did get pregnant by him once, but she aborted it.

I am pretty sure that Cersie's "methods" were 100% effective. She had one method, a very effective form of contraception, she just didn't sleep with Robert. She said it herself to Ned Stark, when he came to bed he was so drunk and there were other ways to keep him happy. In the morning he never knew any better. I think she was so despised Robert so much that she would have made absolute certain that he was never the father of any of her children. I also think the son that she talked to Cateyln about at Winterfell, the one that died was probably Roberts true born son. I would have to double check, I don't have the book near by, I am pretty sure she said that boy had black hair!! I wonder what that child really died from?????

That's only in the TV show.

It'd be a nice twist if Tommen was Roberts', but I highly doubt it, for reasons already explained.

I always got a "Tytos Lannister" vibe from Tommen (not martial, desperate to please everyone, etc.), which would make sense given that Tytos Lannister would be Tommen's grandfather twice-over.

Archived