Robert Strong

Plus, a flaming sword is just what they need on an undead monstrosity. Lot of build up for him to die in the trial if it is not Sandor who does it. I am not convinced he will lose the trial. What I do think is that Jaime will somehow escape his situation (I don't know how), return, realize what Qyburn has done, kill him, and then strangle Cersei with his cold gold hand.

Thoros of Myr would be the ideal man to face him if you look at the facts. 1) Dondarrion and Thoros were sent out to kill him in book 1 and failed. 2) he is a great swordsman as proved when he won the melee and also due to the fact that there is no evidence of him ever being killed whilst Dondarrion drops down like the proverbial Italian footballer all of the time. 3) he creates undead himself; Qyburn has simply done a twisted version of what Thoros has been doing - who better to undo it?

Thoros would make a formidable opponent. I wonder if the Faith could or would consider Thoros as he is a priest of R'hollor. Even though he is a man of faith, is he the right kind to fight for their side?

I think that Qyburn will tell Cersei that Robert Strong is hers, but he's actually his. He won't be using Robert against her, because he is only in the council because of Cersei. However, he will tell Cersei that if he dies, Robert goes too, or something to that extent, to ensure his own safety. I don't actually believe it would be true though. I think Robert Strong will be a very serious force in the court, either through trials by battle or outright slaughtering of people she doesn't like. I don't think he can be defeated with any conventional method. I also think he is a headless knight.

Thoros would make a formidable opponent. I wonder if the Faith could or would consider Thoros as he is a priest of R'hollor. Even though he is a man of faith, is he the right kind to fight for their side?

I was thinking Thoros could "revive" unSandor to fight the unbrother UnGregor but I also see the major issues of one faith's "champion" representing another faith.

I was thinking Thoros could "revive" unSandor to fight the unbrother UnGregor but I also see the major issues of one faith's "champion" representing another faith.

the faith has said that stannis is a demon worshiper (paraphrased) so i am sure they will not have any red priest. they will have to use one of the Warrior's Sons so in order for sandor to take part he will have had to join. (random question has he been knighted?)

It will be Sandor Clegane that fights Robert Strong. That is if you subscribe to the theory that Sandor is the large gravedigger at Quiet Isle. Being that Sandor is now a man of the faith, as the Elder Brother can attest to.

• 3 weeks later...

first woman to take the black. ;)

Yes, yes. One could think it would be easier for a woman not touching a single woman after they take the vows, but... not for Cersei.

As long as she's there, she could well be the new LC! We all know how she loves her little share of power... ;)

first woman to take the black.

;)

On a side note, imo, the NW should accept women at the Wall, it would make things much more better, there, and not only talking from a sexual pov.

If we assume Cercei's trial is the first chance to see Robert Strong "in action", I can't believe he would lose. That would be a lot of build-up for a quick exit.

edit- also a good chance for the Faith to get rid of someone they don't like. Maybe offer a Kettelback a chance to fight?

Archived