Robert Strong

Lady Nym is also on her way or in KL with Tyene. As they talked about in ADWD-The Watcher chapter, Gregor was 8 feet tall and it wouldn't be hard to know if he really is dead. They want revenge and it could be them to take Robert strong down...they of the sun and beautiful.

I have a feeling that Robert Strong won't be defeated in combat, rather there will be some very logical (in hindsight) yet unexpected development which will thwart him. It's not only the "good" or nice characters who have their great plans thwarted by circumstance or happenstance.

The body is Gregor's without the head, and Qyburn has used some form of necromancy to control the corpse. He could be using something obtained from the other subjects to possibly maintain Robert Strong.

From Bran's dream in AGoT:

I consider this to be the most likely possibility for what RS truly is at his core.

As for what will happen with Qyburn's abomination, the trial by combat is imminent and will likely commence. However, there is a chance that the undeadness of RS will be exposed during or after the fight. RS will probably do very well in the fight but it may not go totally according to the Qyburn-Cersei plan. At some point the sparrows will probably embark upon a totally irreversable break with the Lannisters.

You may have missed it, but at some point in A Feast For Crows, Cersi Lannister recieves a dwarf's head in an ornate box, she put a hit out on Tyrion after he escaped King's Landing. This particular dwarf's head was unusually large,

later on when we are in Dorne and Gregor's supposed head is shown to all of the Dornish court, it is described as arriving in a box that matches the description of the box the dwarf's head cam in earlier, the Lannisters have passed it off as Gregor's because Qyburn has secretly necromanced Gregor in the black cells and brought him back to life, they even mention at one point that no one ever sees Gregor being beheaded, nor does his body resurface after the trial by combat against the Red Viper, but Gregor's wailing death cries could be heard throughout the castle for days after, death cries? or cries of torment from a horrible soul being brought back to life? (ominous music)

Unusually large for a dwarf, you mean

I really hope this does not happen. I am happy with the conclusion of Sandor's story and it would seem pandering to bring him back just for this. Sandor's Hound persona died and he's begun a path of redemption and healing. It would ruin him to revert back to the old Hound. Plus, he is clearly crippled now and I don't think his leg is going to magically heal in time for a fight with his dead brother.

Sandor has made peace with himself after he heard his brother is dead. If UnGregor turns up though.... sandor might want to don his helm again. atleast for one more time.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it will be Gendry to take on Robert Strong. He's a knight now, and there must be some reason that GRRM keeps hammering us with the fact that just about everyone who comes across him recognizes him as a Baratheon. Maybe that will bring Gendry back to KL, and wouldn't that be fun. Maybe it would also serve to show the Faith that none of Cersei's children look like Robert...

Archived