[Book Spoilers] The Bastard of Bolton confirmed

Bolton said to Theon that Stark were done when he take Winderfell...

I do remember him saying this, but it doesn't necessarily mean that's when he decided to switch sides. It would make sense, though.

Something seems to be off on the timeline for Ramsey, Roose, Robb

In the show, Robb has been nothing but successful in his war, he has not betrayed the Freys. Is Roose already plotting to betray him? Does he have that much control over his bastard? I Figured that Roose had only decided to betray robb between finding he has married and the RW. Cant recall how does that timeline work with Ramsey capturing Winterfell?

Well, even though WE don't find out about Robb's marriage until Catelyn does in Book 3, he got married sometime during the events of Book 2, so it's not IMPOSSIBLE that Roose got word of this while at Harrenhal through some other source, and sent word to Ramsay at the Dreadfort (after he'd been sent away by Theon to get help) giving him the go-ahead to sack Winterfell. However I find this to be unlikely as it seems to imply a rather detailed knowledge by Roose of events both in the west AND in the north. I think it's far more likely that Ramsay simply acted independently, considering the Starks were already willing to kill him after the Lady Hornwood incident. He was left as castellan of the Dreadfort by Roose if I'm not mistaken, so whatever men were there owed him their loyalty in Roose's absence and would've had to obey his commands.

EDIT: Also, I challenge anyone to tell me that this isn't Ramsay Bolton:

http://29.media.tumb...bxpzko1_400.png

I'm with you on that point, but I'm afraid the casting crew will take your challenge up and try to find someone cheaper (and hopefully equally convincing and talented ; some of the faces suggested elsewhere could work as well cf Iwan Rheon, though I've never seen him act)

I thought he had 300-400 men? But, I could be mistaken. (and, I'm wrong a lot) However, I think Ramsay already had a group of men loyal to him and not his father and was able to use them to gather the men to his cause. Many of them likely thought Ramsay dead when Reek was killed in his place.

Nope, it was 600. I doubt that many would've followed a psychopathic bastard (who wasn't Roose's heir at this point either) into betraying the Starks without the consent of their Lord.

Bit offtopic, but perhaps Cillian isn't that impossible. 90% wishful thinking, obviously, but the guy is a major antagonist later on. Ramsay's pretty much made it his life's mission to make as many enemies as he possibly can, and he's still going strong. If they could get an inspired cast like Sean Bean as Ned, then maybe it's not that impossible that one of the biggest antagonists would get a big name, too...

Looking at that picture cements my belief. :(

Bit offtopic, but perhaps Cillian isn't that impossible. 90% wishful thinking, obviously, but the guy is a major antagonist later on. Ramsay's pretty much made it his life's mission to make as many enemies as he possibly can, and he's still going strong. If they could get an inspired cast like Sean Bean as Ned, then maybe it's not that impossible that one of the biggest antagonists would get a big name, too...

Looking at that picture cements my belief. :(

Cillian Murphy would also be perfect. I think Ramsay should have an irish accent like Roose.

Cillian Murphy would also be perfect. I think Ramsay should have an irish accent like Roose.

They even resemble one another. Kind of. Like, with a little dressing up (or down) he could feasibly be the creepy-looking youthful son (thick long hair, beautiful pale eyes... the wicked glare, and the "don't trust me" sign written on his face) of the slightly older Roose. I get shivers just thinking of that feast scene ("don't make me rue the day I raped your mother") between those two. Ugh...

Still. I don't recall Ramsay being particularly ugly ("a certain fleshiness" and "plump lips" are about the worst he gets, AFAIK, and even then it's through the eyes of Theon), so...

Cillian Murphy would be perfect indeed but wouldn't he be a bit expensive for a not-such-a-major role of Ramsay? Cillian has a good ongoing career in Hollywood, I doubt he would have a free schedule for a tv series even the populars ones like GoT.

http://winteriscomin...ee-ramsay-snow/

Second paragraph. Sounds promising enough, but eh.

I guess that makes it clear we should not expect Reek in Winterfell anymore. If they already had someone for the part of Reek/Ramsay, they wouldn't need to cast him for next season. With Dagmer being the devil on Theon's shoulder, we don't really need him. Though it was a great detail in the book, Theon being betrayed by the man he released from the Winterfell prison, it was just that, a detail. I also don't think we need to see or hear from the 'original' Reek. What's important about Ramsay turning Theon into Reek is the utter humiliation and breaking of the man's spirit, not that he is a replacement to some obscure servant he had before...

So what is Roose's plan in sending Ramsay to Winterfell, anyway? Is he already planning to betray the Starks in the show?

I think he is seizing the opportunity to strengthen the Boltons in the North. Having his bastard control Winterfell and both Stark heirs puts the Boltons in a very strong position if anything should happen to Robb. After all, they are at war and anything can happen to Robb, even if he isn't actively planning to have a hand in his downfall yet.

Since Ramsay seems to be working for Roose now, my guess is this:

Next episode is when he tracks down the boys and kills the miller's kids. I'm guessing the show will give us the cliffhanger of Theon stringing up two boys and some of the Winterfell staff wailing in horror.

In the Prince of Winterfell, Yara/Asha comes to visit, drops off a few men, yells at Theon for being a moron for killing the boys, then leaves. Robb & Cat get the news of Bran & Rickon's death. (Twitter explodes with the controversy of killing children, especially a handicapped one)

In episode 10, Ramsay's forces attack Winterfell and overwhelm the 30 or so men with Theon. We'll see some of the initial attack, and then they'll cut away to Theon's final scene with Wintefell burning around him, and Theon being slapped to the ground by Ramsay. (People will be cheering for Ramsay) They'll then have Roose reporting to Robb that Ramsay has retaken Winterfell, but Theon burned most of the structures to the ground when he saw he was losing. Alas, all inside were lost, save Theon who is now a prisoner.

Then, episode 10 closes with Bran & Rickon escaping Winterfell with Hodor and Osha.

Could be, but as I have said somewhere else on these boards, I wouldn't be surprised if the sack of Winterfell and the resurfacing of Bran and Rickon is pushed to season 3. Having people believe the boys are dead and Winterfell is about to be saved by the son of Roose at the end of this season, and then opening the next with Winterfell burning and the boys coming out of the crypts, would make for an opening episode that nobody would soon forget.

So, my guess:

Ep. 7: Theon leads a search party

Hunting the boys, killing the Miller's sons. (or in this case, the orphan boys sent to the farmer earlier)

Ep. 8: At Winterfell, Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort.

Yara shows up with a ridiculous small amount of 'support', tries to convince Theon to leave Winterfell, Theon refuses.

Ep. 10: As Theon stirs his men to action, Luwin offers some final advice.

The Bolton men show up beneath the Walls of Winterfell, Luwin advises Theon to yield and take the Black, making it clear that there is no way he can hold the castle with so few men.

No need to show Ramsay except maybe as a guy in red armor seen from afar...

One thing that makes me wonder: the whole 'Roose goes north theory' was here not only because of the absence of Reek, but also to explain why Roose wasn't at Harrenhall. So, now we now for sure Roose isn't going north, the question that remains unanswered is: why is Roose not at Harrenhall?

One thing that makes me wonder: the whole 'Roose goes north theory' was here not only because of the absence of Reek, but also to explain why Roose wasn't at Harrenhall. So, now we now for sure Roose isn't going north, the question that remains unanswered is: why is Roose not at Harrenhall?

Roose will take Harrenhal after Tywin went to the battle at the blackwater and during this attack arya will escape, because Roose will sack the castle, so Roose is in Harrenhalin Season 3, or not at all and arya escape because the mountain take over the castle after Tywin leaves

Archived