[Book Spoilers] The Bastard of Bolton confirmed

The Bastard is an interesting character, as he's one of the few people who is just plain black, no shade of grey here. Even Theon is a turncoact son of a *****, but you can get why he does it. Ramsey is just plain evil.

I wonder how turn to the books HBO dares go with him?!

I reckon Dagmer is going to turn out to be Ramsay. Reek's most important contribution to Theon's story is as the devil on his shoulder and Dagmer has already stepped into that role. It would take away the cruel role-reversal of Theon's ultimate humiliation, but I don't think there's enough time to establish a repulsive Reek character before the 'hunt'.

Roose could have had him follow Theon to Pyke to spy on the notoriously untrustworthy Greyjoys in case they pulled something, or summat along those lines. Not fantastic storytelling but it would simplify things.

The thing is...there is no need to actually even show Ramsay this season. Why pull such a sophomoric "gotcha" by having the bastard of Bolton be a secret agent, that takes things right from liberal storyline modification to General Hospital/Dexter style corny twists.

You can easily have Bolton men involved and grab Theon then introduce Ramsay early next season.

Ramsay is needed to give the idea to flay the boys. But, Ramsay's host could be dashed on the walls of Winterfell and Reek captured. That would make it more liveable. To have Theon come up with the false deaths is fine, but flaying needs a Bolton.

I like the portrayal of Dagmer in the show but I hope he doesn't turn out to be Ramsey, it just makes so little sense. Though I think he'll survive the massacre and be the one to send Davos to Skagos (or where ever they decide to send Rickon on the show)

I was OVERJOYED when the words "my bastard at the Dreadfort" came out of Roose Bolton's mouth. At this point I don't care whether we see him this season or next (REALLY don't think he's Dagmer though as some people here have hypothesized) but I'm just SO GLAD that this marvelously despicable villain will be making the jump to the screen. Honestly, while Theon's transformation into Reek will be somewhat less affecting without the role reversal, I think it will still be an incredible, horrifying arc for his character.

I don't see how Dagmer could be Ramsay.

I know the Ironborn are sometimes taken as the most idiotic but I feel they are fiercely loyal to their own, very xenophobic and everyone with a place in a fleet is respected and known.

Dagmer is basically the captain of Theon's fleet, he is the one guy who is willing to show him the ropes of the Ironborn way of life. He comes off as a guy with Iron in his blood and if he was an outsider he'd get even more attention for guiding "prince" Theon when Theon has yet to prove himself.

Anyways I am so very happy to have my fears put to rest, can't wait for the casting announcement.

I don't see how Dagmer could be Ramsay.

I know the Ironborn are sometimes taken as the most idiotic but I feel they are fiercely loyal to their own, very xenophobic and everyone with a place in a fleet is respected and known.

Dagmer is basically the captain of Theon's fleet, he is the one guy who is willing to show him the ropes of the Ironborn way of life. He comes off as a guy with Iron in his blood and if he was an outsider he'd get even more attention for guiding "prince" Theon when Theon has yet to prove himself.

Anyways I am so very happy to have my fears put to rest, can't wait for the casting announcement.

Totally agree with you on your points about Dagmer and the Ironborn. As for the casting announcement ... I have this crazy, extraordinarily improbable hope that they've cast a well known actor as Ramsay, kept it totally under wraps, and the surprise ending of this season will be him showing up and sacking Winterfell (followed by the reveal that Bran and Rickon are alive). I will literally pee myself if that happens.

Anyone want to run with that (admittedly unlikely) idea and throw out an idea for who it could be?

Why would they be in the crypts still...when they just "escaped" Winterfell this previous episode? Winterfell is in their rear view already.

I may be wrong, but isn't this what happens in the books? I thought they escaped, then backtracked to Winterfell. That's why Theon was able to track them into the woods but eventually lost their tracks.

Well, I never truly doubted we would have Ramsay in the show, only I wasn't sure (I'm still not sure) we would see him this season. I doubt we will, except maybe in the last episode, since that iron born guy with the deep rumbling voice is playing the part of Theon's advisor, and he'll probably be the one to suggest he kills the boys to pretend they're Rickon and Bran.

Yeah, I don't know why people are so bent on Dagmer being Ramsay. It makes no sense. What, did Ramsay just infiltrate the Ironborn when he was a kid or something? And as others have said, he's too old to be Roose's son (not to mention his appearance/mannerisms are totally different from how Ramsay is described). I think it's obvious that they just didn't bother to cast Ramsay this season because they didn't need to, exactly the same as how they didn't cast Jaqen last season (and instead they just had a dude in a hood). The same kind of thing is probably going to happen here.

The only other option I can see is that they cast someone relatively popular or famous, and are trying to keep it a secret until the end of the season (though I think this greatly unlikely).

I may be wrong, but isn't this what happens in the books? I thought they escaped, then backtracked to Winterfell. That's why Theon was able to track them into the woods but eventually lost their tracks.

They backtracked and stayed in the Crypts until after Wintefell is sacked and deserted. Bran reaches out in his wolfdreams to Ghost who is up in the frostfangs. I hope Jon has a wolf dream and connects with Bran as Weirwood. That's critical to both developing their warging/greenseeing abilities.

I think it's obvious that they just didn't bother to cast Ramsay this season because they didn't need to, exactly the same as how they didn't cast Jaqen last season (and instead they just had a dude in a hood). The same kind of thing is probably going to happen here.

I think you are dead right. I expect Reek will be smeared in filth so as to be unrecognisable, then cast properly next season.

The Dagmer theory makes zero sense. Apart from being too old (he'd have to be Lord Bolton's bastard brother, not son) wouldn't the other Ironmen notice a Northman they never heard of before on their crew?

I dont think dagmer is going to turn out to be ramsay ......First off he looks older than roose, second off why would he be inn pyke, third why would roose offer to send word to his bastard to gather a few hundred swords (not sure how many) and he would be honored to reclaim winterfell and bring him theons head..... hard to do if he is dagmer,

although on another note i wonder how ramsay will get into the gates of winterfell ......maybe he'll take someone elses arm since ser roderik already lost his head

Archived