[Book Spoilers] The Bastard of Bolton confirmed

I share your enthusiasm, although I don´t understand why Roose Bolton said "my bastard of the Dreadfort", wouldn´t it make more sense to just say "my bastard son"?

didnt he say my bastard AT the dreadfort?

anyway, YAY RAMSAY!

hope vargo hoat will appear next episode. (if not, who the hell is gonna chop off jaime's hand?)

I dont think dagmer is going to turn out to be ramsay ......First off he looks older than roose, second off why would he be inn pyke, third why would roose offer to send word to his bastard to gather a few hundred swords (not sure how many) and he would be honored to reclaim winterfell and bring him theons head..... hard to do if he is dagmer,

although on another note i wonder how ramsay will get into the gates of winterfell ......maybe he'll take someone elses arm since ser roderik already lost his head

True, true

But thank Jeyne Poole's gods that Ramsay is coming! It's a shame that there is no Lady Hornwood or Ser Rodrick's hand shake, but as long as he's coming. Mayhaps he'll come as a hostage by the Reeds, and Big/Little Walder. I just hope he does smothing crazy and evil like kill Maester Luwin as soon as he's introduced. Let us know who Theon is living with

I don't get how or why people are excited just because a name was said. Ramsay is pretty integral to the story, so of course they were going to include him.

Getting excited about it, though? He's a horrible character. One of the few stereotypical monsters in the story and his death can't come soon enough.

Well, he's a monster. The portrayal of psychotic monsters can be interesting on TV, and I can't wait to see how the actor handles playing such a complete beast. Moreover, the book-ignorant audience's reaction to him is going to be pretty explosive, considering how they've turned Joff into public enemy #1.

I think that's a prospect worth a little excitement; you don't have to like or "approve" of a character to appreciate their inclusion. >.<

I don't get how or why people are excited just because a name was said. Ramsay is pretty integral to the story, so of course they were going to include him.

Getting excited about it, though? He's a horrible character. One of the few stereotypical monsters in the story and his death can't come soon enough.

It's normal people get excited about it. Most people (not me) thought that the show would send Roose north to regain Winterfell for the Starks, merging Ramsay and Roose together.

It's normal people get excited about it. Most people (not me) thought that the show would send Roose north to regain Winterfell for the Starks, merging Ramsay and Roose together.

They shouldn't get so excited. They will likely be incredibly disappointed when they find the new Ramsay next season to be nothing like the Ramsay in the books. And does anyone really think they're going to tell Alfie Allen to take 3 years off from the show? I'm still convinced Theon dies at the end of this season or early next one and they cut out the entire Theon ADwD storyline since it has no relevance to the overall story.

And on a side note since I see them get mentioned together with Ramsay all the time, I still don't see why they would introduce the Reeds, unless they happen to be a couple of kids that Bran & co. bump into while fleeing Winterfell.

Meh, they've managed to keep Jaime flitting into the story, more so than the books. I highly doubt they'd kill Theon. Plus, Dance and Feast are getting combined. The writers said so themselves when they visited my TV Symposium class. SOS is getting split, but it'll have flashes of Clash, Dance, and Feast.

He's too big name and doesn't physically look the part, but for some reason I always pictured Ramsay as Cillian Murphy. He can look so nutso.

Roose Bolton may have a bastard but he won't be anything like the Ramsay from the books. Ramsay's exclusion from the Theon/Winterfell storyline so far already points to any Ramsay in future seasons being a completely different character from the books.

Uh? How so? Ramsay is not considered one of the most memorable characters in the series because of the Reek reveal. It's a great scene, true, but he doesn't usurp Joffrey's place as the series' most hated villains until A Dance with Dragons, and it's there because he's an absolute, diabolical sadist who flays people's fingers, toes and genitals off and literally hunts women for sport. I see no reason why that, which is what makes him such a great villain, can't be entirely in place when he's properly introduced without the Reek stuff.

And does anyone really think they're going to tell Alfie Allen to take 3 years off from the show?

Of course not! What is most likely going to happen is that we'll actually get to see the "creation" of Theon/Reek, rather than just jumping ahead when he's already lost a lot of fingers and toes.

I'm still convinced Theon dies at the end of this season or early next one

Wait, so you don't think they'd let Alfie Allen be off the show for a few seasons, but you think they'd get rid of him all together for literally no reason?

they cut out the entire Theon ADwD storyline since it has no relevance to the overall story.

Hahahahahaha, no way. Lots of things from AFfC/ADwD will be cut out. The Theon storyline will not be one of them. This season has proven Alfie Allen's Theon is an incredibly powerful and interesting (storytelling wise) figure in the story; they're not going to prematurely kill him off and write out what is probably the most memorable and talked about subplot in the book.

Besides, why are they setting up the Bastard of Bolton at all if Theon's going to be killed soon? He's our in at the Bolton-taken Winterfell; who else would be there for the audience to know what's going on there with literally everyone else the audience knows either driven off or killed? If Theon's just going to be killed, there's no reason to foreshadow Ramsay at all, because almost his entire arc is being the personal antagonist to Theon.

I still don't see why they would introduce the Reeds, unless they happen to be a couple of kids that Bran & co. bump into while fleeing Winterfell.

This is exactly what will happen, I think. Bran's story needs somewhere to go post-S3 before he gets beyond the Wall, and meeting and becoming allies with Jojen and Meera makes perfect sense for a S3 storyline.

kudos to you Victim, well prophecized. Please stop talking about Dagmer being Ramsey. 1. He is a renowned Iron warrior 2. He is the same age as Rooses actor. I hope they will stick to the book- reek popping up to present his services to Theon next episode, and then suddenly end season turns out to be the frikkin bastard of B.! But more likely- and badly- they will have Dagmer acting as his voice to kill B and R and subsequently the miller kids..or who the hell knows??

The only reason they would kill off Theon is if Alfie Allen wanted to leave and asked to be written out. And while not impossible, I would be very surprised given the strength of the material he's been given this year and the strength of the material to come.

But more likely- and badly- they will have Dagmer acting as his voice to kill B and R and subsequently the miller kids..or who the hell knows??

I don't mind Dagmer telling Theon to kill the butcher boys with no Reek. For a condensed story, it makes sense just to have Ramsay show up as Roose said he would, with his men, but will the Northerners too, and then once Series 3 starts, introduce him properly as a sadistic bastard with a reputation for hunting women. End of Theon's first S3 episode could be getting his first finger flayed.

It's great that Ramsay's in it, but I can't for the life of me think of a reason for Theon to let anyone into Winterfell now, which means his dual identity is gone I guess. Shame, but understandable given the need to line up casting/character arcs with seasons. So now I guess:

Rest of this season: Ramsay sends men to take Winterfell and sack it. Ramsay himself doesn't come, season ends with sack.

Season 3 & 4: mostly invented storylines based around Theon becoming Reek, maybe a little of aDwD brought into Season 4.

Season 5 onward: aDwD/tWoW storylines.

Roose Bolton may have a bastard but he won't be anything like the Ramsay from the books. Ramsay's exclusion from the Theon/Winterfell storyline so far already points to any Ramsay in future seasons being a completely different character from the books.

So I don't see why anyone is excited about this.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I mean, the only thing that makes Ramsay inherently evil is insinuating himself with Theon early. He couldn't be the exact same character anyway if he wasn't there right now, right? I mean, who could possibly believe in that character if he wasn't secretly hiding out with Theon?

Well, next season he'd be more of a guest, guess we will only have a few scenes with Ramsay, so he could easily accept, as a guest star...

And seing how much we ask for him on the boards, I think the producers will at least consider him!

Well, he's a monster. The portrayal of psychotic monsters can be interesting on TV, and I can't wait to see how the actor handles playing such a complete beast. Moreover, the book-ignorant audience's reaction to him is going to be pretty explosive, considering how they've turned Joff into public enemy #1.

I think that's a prospect worth a little excitement; you don't have to like or "approve" of a character to appreciate their inclusion. >.<

I agree, it should pretty sweet to see his portrayal and the reaction he recieves

So I don't see why anyone is excited about this.

If you're referring to Lady Hornwood, this could easily happen at a later point without changing the impact.

Archived