[Book Spoilers][Show Spoilers] I HAVE DRAGONS!

Ok, if anybody was able to get their hands only the ONLY THREE DRAGONS IN EXISTENCE, AND POSSIBLY EVER AGAIN they would never allow Dany to reclaim them. Dragons are invaluable and there is no way somebody (not as dumb as Dany) would ever let them get out of their reach. It just doesn't make sense to me.

The change from the book turns the Undying from victims/innocent bystanders to antagonists, which says something of dany's character development more than any long term impact on the story.

In the book, she is invited to the HotU (IIRC) goes through it and then is "rescued" by drogon as the visions get too intense (Again IIRC), in the meantime destroying the HotU.

In the series, clearly the Undying (assuming they are behind the abduction of the dragons) are bad guys

One of the interesting aspects of Dany is her regular stampeding of people in her way, her almost casual indifference to the destruction in her wake as evident by

the House of the Undying

Turning on the slavers immediately after taking all of the Unsullied, by using her dragon (which she sold to the slaver)-clearly did not trade honorably

Abandoning the Yunkai to the slaver army abdicating responsibility for the chaos she left behind her

abandoning the slaves outside of Mereene

I thought that the Undying tried to kill her in the book?

Did not trade honourably? I've heard many criticisms of this moment, but never this one. The point of it was that it was a way to win an army, by devious means.

The slaves who would have brought a fatal contagious disease into her city, nice to see you'd have all of Meereen killed.

Several posters mentioned Xaro being involved in the theft. I don't believe this could be the case as it seemed a lot of his household guard and/or servants were brutally slaughtered. Why would he kill his own men? If Xaro was involved, he could have made it look like a sneaky theft with only a couple of Dany's people killed. After rewatching, I only saw one Dothraki body in addition to Irri. I do like the idea that Doreah was off playing with Drogon so one dragon is still safe...that would be a good twist.

Personally, I think this change has potential. If it was committed by the Warlocks, it gives Dany a reason to go to the HotU. In the books, I thought it was a desperate, stupid decision for Dany to enter the temple. But she was only 15 or 16 by this point in the books, and pretty pig-headed so it made sense. I think that the writers of the show believe that a 20 yr old Dany might be more reluctant to put herself and Drogon at risk, so she needed a stronger motivation to go the the HotU.

This is also the same reason, I believe, for the slightly contrived subplot of Arya needing to waste her second wish on Lorch. It is not believable that this 14 yr old street smart, quick thinking girl would be dumb enough to waste a death wish on a very childish personal vendetta like killing her book tormentor Wease. Only after Tywin left did she realize that she wasted her 2nd wish. I think TV show Arya would have used wishes 2 and 3 on The Mountain and Tywin. The writers needed a believable way to force her hand.

All these child characters are older than the book counterparts by significant amounts. That makes their motivations and subsequent actions much different than they were in the book. Rob needs more than just puppy love to break his vows. He needs a strong, confident woman not a virginal, demure young girl who nurses his boo-boo. Sansa needs to lose her delusions faster. Jon needs...dry rubbing? :) (Sorry for the long post!)

It's too early to tell if Dany's dragons being stolen is good or bad. It really depends on the next episode and how they will portray it. For now, I'm ok with it and will adopt a wait-and-see attitude.

But wow, TV Dany is such a little bitch. Why does she keep shooting her mouth off... what a shithead. She really needs to be taken down a peg or two.

The stealing of the dragons is not a bad change but the destruction and collapse of the House of Undying will be a lot more UNdramatic than it was in the books. This way it will be just a simple campaign of revenge. In the books it was a lot smoother, Dany went to the necromancers to negotiate and out of thin air it went bad-BAD.

I knew this will happen and I like it. I think Doreah betrayed Deny and I think Warlocks got them. We will see how it will play out. I hope Irri's death will have some meaning, not random like Doreah's in the book. I hope we see visions in HotU, especially Rhaegar. :D

Interesting change. There has to be some kind of betrayal involved here. Xaro's house would have been guarded, so stealing dragons and killing lots of people would have been akin to declaring war on him. And he's pointed out in virtually every line he's had, he's the richest man in Qarth. So, without an obvious power behind the theft, there has to be betrayal.

Add me to the list of people who think XXD's got a role in this. He's probably pissed that Dany denined him. Also, there are three dragons, so The Undying are probably thinking they can throw Xaro a bone and give him the Gold. I've had 0 problems with the changes they've made, this one in particular being super awesome. It makes the House of the Undying seem that much more treacherous and creepy. It also helps to highlight that Dany's dragons are like children, they're young and vulnerable and need her for protection. Even when reading the series, I viewed Dany's dragons as companions more so than weapons.

That being said, I hope that tantrum Dany threw at the Spice King's is the last empty threat we'll see from her. Dany is compotent, and while young, in the books she seemed to have some grasp on how to play the game in Qarth.

Ok, if anybody was able to get their hands only the ONLY THREE DRAGONS IN EXISTENCE, AND POSSIBLY EVER AGAIN they would never allow Dany to reclaim them. Dragons are invaluable and there is no way somebody (not as dumb as Dany) would ever let them get out of their reach. It just doesn't make sense to me.

We'll see how it plays out, but I do think that making the "realistic" change of someone killing most of her Kallisar and taking the dragons, opens the extremely unrealistic idea that she could recover the dragons from this person and his or her minions. Certainly there is no logical reason to think anyone from Qarth would help her recover them, and it is highly likely that who ever took them would kill Dany the first time she tried. Xaro would probably boot her from his home, rather than help since the dragons are all he wanted anyway (at least in the books, and he admits on the show that he already married once for love implying that he doesn't love her). If Xaro was to be involved in the recovery the "realistic" scenario would be for him to take them back for himself. It also opens the door for wondering why someone isn't trying to steal the dragons every single place she goes from here on out. Or why they didn't just have her and her party killed and take the dragons when she was trying to get in the city.

Hated the change. So now we have a spoiled girl who isn't even a good mother of dragons.

I hate Dany in the TV series. In the books her story was interesting, and you felt like she was at least trying to be a good leader/queen in training. All she does in the show is throw tantrums. All changes to this point were small and had no real effect on the main story, until now. Dany never lost her dragons until ADWD and it was a huge blow to her then. This is just going to lead to more stupidity and her running into thotu because she has to, not because she was destined to.

She is Daenerys the Storm Born Targaryen,The Unburnt Mother of Dragons, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men. If you dont respect that you wake the dragon. The extremely attractive dragon, that like Arya, will add you to a list of people to be killed. (burned by dragonfire in Dany's case)

So yeah she throws tantrums when one refuses her. It is her right. I personally liked the way Clarke's acting showed the barely contained rage. I felt like she was going to breathe fire herself. The show is attempting to portray that mystical otherworldlyness that Dany seems to posses in the GOT, COK, SOS, in those books she was almost like a demigod. The others,eh not so much. I loved Dany untill she got bogged down in Meereen. She should have swept across essos like a marauding mongol horde sacking cities, burning them to the ground, spreading Valyrias doom untill it encompassed the whole continent. Oh well.

I want to see Dany enter HOTU, hopefully with a Drogon saved by Jorah/Doreah and just wreck house. She can see her vissions in the fire, smoke, and blood of the Warlocks.

So yeah she throws tantrums when one refuses her. It is her right. I personally liked the way Clarke's acting showed the barely contained rage. I felt like she was going to breathe fire herself. The show is attempting to portray that mystical otherworldlyness that Dany seems to posses in the GOT, COK, SOS, in those books she was almost like a demigod. The others,eh not so much. I loved Dany untill she got bogged down in Meereen. She should have swept across essos like a marauding mongol horde sacking cities, burning them to the ground, spreading Valyrias doom untill it encompassed the whole continent. Oh well.

I agree that Emilia Clarke is playing the part fantastically. The problem, as it always seems to be (for me), is the writing.

Jaimie dislexya is a major concern for me

As same as dolorous edd depresion and Cersei hysteria

Probably Tyrion has a inferiority complex and Arya PTSD, Sansa a stokolm syndrome and Danny a borderline personality disorder

And drogon a paranoia

So they only need medication and therapy and maybe some group therapy and the show will and with everybody cured

I loved the change, it makes Dany's story much more interesting and is indeed plausible. I want to know who stole the dragons and I spent some very enjoyable time speculating on this.

Dany will regain her awesomeness when she takes back the dragons and burns down the House of the Undying. And now it makes sense that she's been made fireproof because I really couldn't understand how on earth she escaped unburned in the books.

Hadn't noticed the dragon tails dangling, will have to rewatch this. But I definitely thought there were three dragons screeching, so I'm assuming all three were stolen.

Archived