[Book Spoilers]Mockingbird's grin.

I'm positive Aidan Gillen was cuing in the audience to his detection of Arya in this episode.

Arya took a lot of care in not being spotted and I studied Gillen's face while he was talking to Tywin before taking a glance at Arya and after he caught a glimpse.

The was quick calculation and and smug satisfaction in that face, the segue at the end was the tip of the hat.

Arya felt it too, that's why she got clumsy.

After handling the character a bit roughly I feel this is a return to form for HBO Littlefinger.

I agree. he detected her, but keeps it to himself. I guess he feels so very cunning to have the edge over such an experienced player as Tywin, who has Arya right in front of him without knowing. I wonder how Littlefinger is going to use that knowledge.

I agree. he detected her, but keeps it to himself. I guess he feels so very cunning to have the edge over such an experienced player as Tywin, who has Arya right in front of him without knowing. I wonder how Littlefinger is going to use that knowledge.

I'm looking forward to seeing how LF is going to use this info. He definitely knows that Arya is Tywin's cupbearer. The glances and smiles were excellent. Definitely a return to form for the sly LF we have been missing for a few episodes.

My take is that he definitely knew who she was... Rewinding it, you can clearly see him take a 2nd look, then the OH shape of his mouth... a moment of recognition, I thought... add to that the strong way he says "concerning her daughters..." and I thought for sure he knew Arya.

Yeah, he recognized her. I am not sure where the story line is going to go with that though...LF seems to be everywhere. But Arya's story has to follow the book story to a certain extent so I can't see him making off with her or anything like that. We will have to see where it goes.

Completely agree. This was easily the most satisfied I've been with Gillen's LF performance this season. There was a moment, I'll have to go back and watch the episode to point it out specifically, where he gets this subtle look of satisfaction on his face - like the cat that got the canary. Which, in fact, is a good analogy given the situation.

Yeah, he probably knows. Wonder how they will turn that... My guess is that he plans to take Arya, but the Weasel Soup / Bolton takeover happens, so she's out of his reach. Then she escapes, and he will be as clueless as to his whereabouts as anyone else.

bye bye Little Finger, you shall be the 3rd life owed!

It's pretty obvious he noticed who she is by saying that thing about Cat's girls. I really don't think it needs to be speculated much.

btw, does LF have a magic portal device, quick travel, or some magical unicorn he rides all around Westeros?

I too think he knows. I think he kept it a secret for two reasons: because Tywin was a bit of a condescending dick to him, and because POWAR IS KNOWLEDGE~!!

I wonder if he'll still be at Harrenhal in the next episode.

I am not so sure. Having LF created a tense situation, but that's the only payoff IMO. I'm way more intrigued by the fact that Tywin does not suspect that something is up with his cupbearer. The whole sequence with LF I had my eyes more on Tywin, his direction to make her pour more wine clearly causing her great discomfort. His questioning of this curious educated northerner. He might not connect the dots to Arya directly, but he knows she is lying a lot. And leaving a parchment full of secrets? Hmmm, something is up.

I agree, he knows it's Arya; unlike Tywin, he has seen her before and he knows she's missing, so it's not really that hard to figure out. I'm still not convinced we got our cunning LF back, we'll have to wait for how he uses this knowledge for that. He can't kidnap her, because her storyline is too cool to change, unless she escapes him and goes back to doing what she did in the book. My guess would be he shows her he knows and pretends he'll help her, maybe to use that in the future, but I'm not really sure if that would be a good solution.

btw, does LF have a magic portal device, quick travel, or some magical unicorn he rides all around Westeros?

He travels by map, obviously.

I guess Arya has Tywin fooled, or he feels she can't escape Harrenhal. Tywin is going to have leave soon, his army there is needed at KL for the dust up with Stannis.

Having Arya in LFs

deck of secrets has to be an advantage for him, he may return to KL thinking Arya is stuck in Harrenhal and he knows where to find her. Curry favor with the Lannisters because knowing have Sansa and Arya might be a way to get Jamie back.

I am guessing that all this is going to backfire on him, because Arya is going to escape in E10.

I think the way this pans out is that Tywin is now 100 percent sure of who she is- post Baelish. However, its too risky or whatever to send her to KL with LF, so that when he leaves he declares she be held there, where her 3rd death comes into play and she needs to use it to kill her captors. It might not be exactly like that, but its how I see most the pieces fitting.

I think the way this pans out is that Tywin is now 100 percent sure of who she is- post Baelish. However, its too risky or whatever to send her to KL with LF, so that when he leaves he declares she be held there, where her 3rd death comes into play and she needs to use it to kill her captors. It might not be exactly like that, but its how I see most the pieces fitting.

I am not sure about Littlefinger recognizing her, but you guys have made such great arguments that you're swaying me to think so. But I absolutely do not think Tywin recognizes her. Arya would be too big of a prize to leave in Harrenhal so I am certain Tywin would immediately send her to King's Landing with a bunch of guards. Also, I don't think Cersei has told him that Arya escaped. Didn't Tyrion taunt her with being the disappointing child?

The only way I could see a scenario unfolding with Tywin finding out who she really is would be him maybe locking her up to take her to King's Landing and her using her last Jaquen death wish to escape herself as opposed to freeing Northmen.

I thought it was a very intriguing scene and look forward to seeing more Arya/Tywin scenes.

Archived