[Book spoilers] Rickon's companions

With Bran and Rickon on the lam, only accompanied by Hodor and Osha, and no Jojen or Meera. Who is going to accompany who, once Bran and Rickon's roads split?

Hodor is of course going with Bran, but Hodor not being much of a talker, how is Bran going to share his thoughts as he journeys north? Osha seems more connected to Bran and I am guessing she will play that part, but then who will take care of little Rickon?

Disclaimer: I love the deviations. Little things like this allow even us book readers to be surprised and speculate.

I think Jojen and Meera will be introduced next season, meeting Bran and co on the road under the pretence of their father sending them to help once he heard what happened to Winterfell. Howland or Jojen will have had green dreams telling them Bran and Rickon are still alive. So I think it will work out the same as the books.

If not then another possibility is that Maester Luwin survives and goes with Rickon, maybe to die later when Davos comes along. I agree though, I can't see it being just Hodor and Bran.

Jojen and Meera seem superfluous, given the development of Osha's character. She knows the North. She knows the stories. She can well serve as guide to Bran. Introducing two new characters seems unnecessary.

I agree that Luwin would be a good choice as Rickon's companion. Rickon will be in good hands. There's no need to kill off Luwin just to conform to the book. We won't see his character again for years.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived