Talisa really who she says? (BOOK SPOILERS)

The Talisa storyline doesn't make much sense unless she's pretending to be someone out of fear of being held hostage to the North.

Robb asked her name; she says: "Talisa Maegi" (Unsure how to spell it - pronounced "may-guy"). I think this means she's definately Jeyne Westerling. Her grandmother Maggy the Frog, a Maegi. Her grandmother, travelled from the East, where "Talisa" claims she's from; not a complete lie.

It's just a theory, but plausible.

I hope it's Jeyne, otherwise they're losing out on an AWESOME future storyline.

Also, I got the vibe that the letter regarding Robb Stark on Tywin's table at Harrenhal bore some resemblance the the papers that Talisa was writing while in Robb's camp - the same papers that she was anxiously trying to hide/roll up while simultaneously flirting with Robb. You see the writing only from a distance, or illuminated from the other side, but as best I can tell the look and shape of the paper and the handwriting looks awfully similar (as best I can tell).

Also, this way they don't have to show Robb storming a lesser castle, then being nursed by Jeyne, which would be time consuming and expensive.

As I posted in the main thread, I've been seeing it spelled Maegyr elsewhere. If true, that's a perfectly normal sounding Valyrian/Volantene name. She doesn't look a bit like Volantene nobility, but some Targaryens don't look the part either (e.g. Baelor Breakspear or the late Rhaenys). II'm still wondering if the Volantis story is a half-lie--that she's a Westerling, but her mother is a Maegyr.

I don't see why people are so upset about this storyline. Love stories are sappy. There really isn't a way to film one esp with a few scenes (as opposed to an indepth chick flick movie) in a way that isn't going to be corny. Not showing how Robb met Jeyne or whoever she is was NOT an option.

She's going to nurse him back to health when Jamie beats the crap out of Robb in his attempted escape. She is Jeyne Westering or maybe Lannister. She is there to spy on him but will fall for him whilst nursing him back from the scene that I have faith will happen.

I'm pretty sure Oona Chaplin's character is Jeyne Westerling but using the name Talisa for some mysterious reason yet to be revealed. Jeyne in the books is a bit of a non-entity so I don't mind them making the character a bit more feisty and giving her her own little sub-plot if need be.

Robb asked her name; she says: "Talisa Maegi" (Unsure how to spell it - pronounced "may-guy"). I think this means she's definately Jeyne Westerling. Her grandmother Maggy the Frog, a Maegi. Her grandmother, travelled from the East, where "Talisa" claims she's from; not a complete lie.

It's just a theory, but plausible.

I hope it's Jeyne, otherwise they're losing out on an AWESOME future storyline.

I heard a 'Maegi', too, and sat up straight once I realized what it meant. There was an extra syllable at the end - it sounded more like Maegia - but it's definitely a variation on Maegi.

At this point, I just want the buildup to come to fruition (i.e. more Oona screen time). I am buying the little love story so far. She seems like a lady Robb would (inadvertently?) fall for.

IMO, she's clearly lying about her identity. Please also refer to the "previously on..." package before the episode. They chose to include the soundbite of her riding away, announcing her name. I believe it's very telling that this choice was made. Add that to the awkwardness of her exchange with Catelyn, and the fact that Robb accuses her of being more than she lets on...oh, and then there's the letter she was trying her best to put out of sight, as if she was just caught with her hand in the cookie jar. So much is at play here...these scenes aren't simple opportunities for Robb and Talisa to make googly eyes at one another -- this is all leading somewhere. I believe she's a Westerling at this point. Whether they choose to keep her first name as "Jeyne," I don't know. Given the Osha/Asha/Yara situation, they may option to change Jeyne Westerling into Somethingelse Westerling due to Jeyne Poole.

I think they're trying to turn Jeyne into a plant. She's probably being forced to report to Tywin...maybe he has her family hostage? So, she's doing what she needs to do...alas, she falls for the northern King, making her deception that much more difficult for her.

As far as the cliche of this relationship, for me, it's no less cliche than it is in the book. Robb storms the Crag, falls for the forbidden fruit in a moment of weakness, and sees it through. This is pretty much a replay, only the show is endeavoring to make the Westerling character more compelling by turning her into a proactive spy instead of a bland weepy Robb fangirl.

If the rumours are true and they've changed Jeyne to actually be a Lannister of Lannisport (ugh!), then I suspect that Reginald Lannister, who Tywin dismissed in Ghost of Harrenhal, is her father. He was never mentioned in the books and I'm pretty sure he's been created solely for the television show. It would annoy me, is it that inconvenient to state that the Westerlings are sworn bannermen to the Lannisters?

It seems as though Robb falling for the enemy is a situation being purposefully compared to Jon and Ygritte's romance.

I like the idea that Reginald Lannister is Jeyne's father. Since Tywin sent him home, maybe he gets captured by Robb's men on the way and becomes one of the Karstark murders (along with Alton). So it would be Robb who was consoling Jeyne this way around (or maybe he heard about Bran and Rickon's death and it would be a mutual kind of thing)

Plus that could really explain why Robb puts Karstark to death

I can't understand why many reviewing/commenting people can't see the subtlety at work in the scene between Robb and 'Talisa' and figure some shit out ffs.

It must be fore the very unsubtle changes HBO has done in the past that people miss the stuff that isn't obviously communicated.

There is more than just a bit of passing cleverness in the acting done in this show.

Don't complain about how HBO spells things out for us when you are asking them to spell things out for you.

I can't understand why many reviewing/commenting people can't see the subtlety at work in the scene between Robb and 'Talisa' and figure some shit out ffs.

It must be fore the very unsubtle changes HBO has done in the past that people miss the stuff that isn't obviously communicated.

There is more than just a bit of passing cleverness in the acting done in this show.

Don't complain about how HBO spells things out for us when you are asking them to spell things out for you.

This

Archived