Talisa really who she says? (BOOK SPOILERS)

I think she is lying about who she says she is, and that she is probably the spy within Robb's camp. Tywin is surprisingly well informed about it all. My initial thought during her first scene was this must be Jeyne Westerling, so I'm prejudging her a little based on that.

Also, I got the vibe that the letter regarding Robb Stark on Tywin's table at Harrenhal bore some resemblance the the papers that Talisa was writing while in Robb's camp - the same papers that she was anxiously trying to hide/roll up while simultaneously flirting with Robb. You see the writing only from a distance, or illuminated from the other side, but as best I can tell the look and shape of the paper and the handwriting looks awfully similar (as best I can tell).

Also, this way they don't have to show Robb storming a lesser castle, then being nursed by Jeyne, which would be time consuming and expensive.

Nice catch about the letter but i checked and the shape and size of the papers are totally different. Also when Talissa rolls the letter she has a faint and shy smile, the acting suggests she really has some "impressions" from Robb.

But the letter has a meaning apart from the previous. Someone before me posted the most probable storyline, she is spying, but she will regret it when falls in love with Robb and the passionate menace begins. xD

Ohh, and by the way, she is truly Jeyne Westerling, with a fake name. See it in the season 2 cast: http://www.imdb.com/list/u7Kq7k8qfwA/

Talisa (Jeyne) was telling the truth about the letter, right?

She made it seem sarcastic but it was actually what was written - "The Young Wolf is on the move..."

Seems idiotic to write a spy letter in the open in the midst of the northern army. Couldn't she at least have stuck inside a tent to write it?

I had not made the connection between the letter Tywin had that Arya stole and lost and the letter Jeyne (Talisa) was writing. Hmmm, why are they letting this woman roam around the camp? Men always underestimiate women. She is obviously a spy.

Talisa is definitely Jeyne though, but a more proactive Jeyne than in the books it would seem.

Oh yeah - now I recall that the letter Tywin had mentioned Robb Stark by name, while Jeyne's letter said "the young wolf". I doubt that she would alternate aliases for Robb, so the connection to Tywin's letter is probably tenuous at best.

With regards to writing it out in the open, she probably wanted better light to write it in, and ducking into a tent to write a letter in dim light could arouse suspicion all on it's own. She probably didn't anticipate that 2 of the 1% of people in camp who were literate would come sneaking up on her like that, Robb probably did that to check out her backside while she was kneeling over.

Based on book knowledge, I just figured it was Roose Bolton who was informing to Tywin.

If I remember correctly in the book Roose was still leading the remnants of a shattered host seperate from Robb's main force. So... no.

Seems idiotic to write a spy letter in the open in the midst of the northern army. Couldn't she at least have stuck inside a tent to write it?

It seemed like that she was trying quite hard to hide the letter and take it with her in the end.

Surely, it involves secretive information.

I'm super excited to see how the show plays out the love/betrayal affair between Robb and Talisa/Jeyne. I watch with my sisters who haven't read the books and they are constantly begging me for insider knowledge that in this particular case I don't have. Awesome that the show is keeping us readers on their toes with these little mini deviations.

So with no Edmure i'm assuming it is Robb who will be getting married in the Red Wedding? Be interesting to see if Jeyne knows about whats going to happen like Edmures wife did in the books. Brutal...

I liked her in the books to be honest.

Not every woman has to be a bitch like Cersei or a schemer like Maegery. She was just an innocent sweet girl who loved Robb Stark....thats what I wanted to see on TV but the actress fails at conveying that aspect of Jeyne Westerling IMO.

Shes very pretty no doubt and I have enjoyed her scenes with Robb thus far but its just not what I expected....

I agree with the theory that Talisa/Jeyne is the one writing letters to Tywin. It doesn't really make any sense, but whatever. Maybe it will eventually. Apparently they are making Jeyne more of the villain than her parents, where in the books it appears that she was quite innocent and wanted no part of it.

I'm not exactly sure how the whole conspiracy between Tywin/Westerlings came into fruition in the books, but what will be the explanation in the show? Tywin sent some noble girl out into the fields to pose as a nurse to flirt with Robb and gain information? Huh?

Not every woman has to be a bitch like Cersei or a schemer like Maegery. She was just an innocent sweet girl who loved Robb Stark....thats what I wanted to see on TV but the actress fails at conveying that aspect of Jeyne Westerling IMO.

Actually, Jeyne is looking way more like a bitch than Cersei is in the show. They are making Cersei look like an angel compared to the books. She's just a poor worried mother....

Talisa is not the one who wrote the letter Arya picks up. This is what that letter says:

Marching ten thousand west to Lannisport _____

the tooth. Estimate to reach you by week's end. Sco___

Robb Stark moving troops south by coast __ __ will ___

turn east at Silverhill

That is not how a letter from her would be written. This is just a distraction from her real secret.

But she does roll up a piece of paper behind her back with "the young wolf moves..." written on it.

Can you imagine how much nastier the RW will be with Jeyne standing there, sneering at him with no love in her eyes, realizing it was a setup the whole time?

I'm not exactly sure how the whole conspiracy between Tywin/Westerlings came into fruition in the books, but what will be the explanation in the show? Tywin sent some noble girl out into the fields to pose as a nurse to flirt with Robb and gain information? Huh?

She was probably a part of the lannister host probably accompanying a brother leading westerling men-at-arms. Lannisters get beat she stays behind to nurse her families men? Not too hard to believe.

But she does roll up a piece of paper behind her back with "the young wolf moves..." written on it.

Can you imagine how much nastier the RW will be with Jeyne standing there, sneering at him with no love in her eyes, realizing it was a setup the whole time?

Super brutal... I hope it isn't that way though. I'd prefer it if she initially was for the plan but like all those cheesy love stories begins to fall for our beloved Young Wolf but by the time she realises it... oops Robb and Greywind have exchanged heads.

I have to say Oona Chaplin is a woman to die for, literally.

Correct.

It only just occurred to me that she is the grand-daughter of Charlie. That's some good genes.

I'm up for some kind of upgrade to book-Jeyne. She didn't do much for me in the book. They're building to something here and I'm eager to find out what.

Archived