Episode Title Randomness [Spoilers]

Anyone notice how half of the episodes that have been aired this season are named after something that has no bearing on the action in the episode?

Episode 1: The North Remembers. That phrase comes from Dance with Dragons and the long-simmering desire to avenge Ned and the Red Wedding. We check in with Robb and his side of the war. The main action is him sending Theon to treat with his father and him sending Catelyn to treat with Renly. There is no emphasis on vengeance.

Episode 2: The Nightlands. It wasn't until last night someone made mention of Drogo riding in the Nightlands. Was this supposed to make us aware of how close Dany was to dying in this episode? I don't think they successfully made a connection.

Episode 3: What is Dead May Never Die. This made sense because the words were spoken by Theon at his baptism.

Episode 4: Garden of Bones. Jorah mentions this phrase, talking about the fate of travelers who aren't allowed into Quarth.

Episode 5: The Ghost in Harrenhal. This was nice because we knew to expect Jaqen.

Episode 6: The Old Gods and The New. This was said in the scene with Brienne and Catelyn in last week's episode. I guess they wanted to use that as a title but didn't want to move that scene into this week's episode.

Speculation:

Episode 7: A Man Without Honor. From the episode guide it looks like this is when Jaime will make his escape attempt. Also, Theon leads a search party, meaning he might murder his proxy Stark children and further provoke the people left in Winterfell.

Episode 8: Prince of Winterfell. "Theon receives a vistor and holds down the fort." This is when Asha comes to ridicule him, natch. I hope they keep his ugly ass crown.

Episode 9: Blackwater. Duh.

Episode 10: Valar Morghulis. The episode guide says Arya calls in her last death in Episode 8, but it can fit with her escape from Harrenhal.

I typically don't nitpick but this does annoy me. All of the episode titles last season matched up with the dramatic content. Titles are important.

Archived