[BOOK SPOILERS] What is Roose's plan?

I think roose want robb to take the iron throne so he can be lord paramount of some rich region, but after robbs course is dammed he decides to switch sides in his own best. So at the moment of the show i believe roose is on robbs side, maybe until ramsey sack winterfell on own risk and decide to do something to prevents robbs revange

Cat warning Robb to keep it in his pants beforehand

Roose seems to be giving legit advice, no indication hes turned yet,

His bastard would be honored?? hah

Tywin is answering a cup bearers questions about his father

I almost feel like Ramsay is going to do what he does and annihilate Winterfell and presumably kill Bran and Rickon, Roose is going to realize hes in an odd situation because this was HIS idea and reach out for Tywin after the Blackwater when Stannis is wrecked and the south comes together. This is pure guess, and the show this season is really deviating.

Will Roose be actually even holding the sword when the time comes

I always thought around the time Robb executed his cousin Karstark that Bolton decided to turn. Robb was turning out to be his father's son, and while Catelyn was proud of that, Roose figured idiotic Stark honor was what killed Ned, so decided to move against him. But the timing has to work as I figured Tywin and Roose negotiated for some time before deciding on the Red Wedding. It probably happened before the Westerling incident when Robb lost the Freys after losing the Karstarks.

As for taking over the North, I think that's too bold of a master plan. More like the opportunity was there, so he took it. Otherwise he'd be happy to be Robb's bannerman or Tywin's bannerman depending on how the winds blew. So long as he's in a better position tomorrow than he is today, and he survives, it's all good to him.

In that sense, Frey and Bolton are the same type of house, except that Freys are open with their disdain and lack of loyalty, while Boltons are much more clever, pretending to be loyal.

I just hope they don't spoil the surprise. Roose killing Robb and betraying everyone was the biggest shock for me after Ned's beheading, and I hope we don't get any inkling of the betrayal before the RW. They seem to be spoiling a lot of the dramatic surprises having Littlefinger run around between everybody and anybody. Praying this isn't the case...

The Boltons were the Stark rival in the north and as i recall several Starks ended flayed at Dreadford in the past

Only a Stark / Karstark alliance finally defeated the Boltons and established the Starks as kings in the North

The story is in ASoS

So Bolton only saw that Winterfell was ocupied by the ironborn that killed the Stark heirs and that leads to Robb doing Jayne and that estranged the Freys

Stannis lost the BBL and the Lannister - Tyrell army was now on the move against Robb so after the beheading of Karstarks and the wedding proposal the set was in place

Anyway the betrail was at least suggested by the release of Jaimee, the history of the north and the sack of winterfell by ramsay and if i recall arya never trusted Roose

Archived