[Book Spoilers] Project: Screen-time of Characters

whoa, if Tyrion were an NBA player, he'd be the LeBron or Kobe Bryant of Westeros! He and Arya are definitely at the forefront of this adaptation, at least until the dragons finally grow up and I assume we'll see more Danaerys. Everyone else is more or less getting the air time they should be getting considering where the story is vis-a-vis the books (i.e. they are not trying to shove much more Robb or Jaime into the series without reason)

whoa, if Tyrion were an NBA player, he'd be the LeBron or Kobe Bryant of Westeros! He and Arya are definitely at the forefront of this adaptation, at least until the dragons finally grow up and I assume we'll see more Danaerys. Everyone else is more or less getting the air time they should be getting considering where the story is vis-a-vis the books (i.e. they are not trying to shove much more Robb or Jaime into the series without reason)

Tyrion and Arya are the two most prominent POVs in Clash (Tyrion has 15 and Arya something like 12 or 13), it makes sense that they'd get the most screentime too.

I think Gendry is surprisingly high, above Brandon, for example. That is not that bad :D.

Not that surprising since this just counts screen time. He's in Arya's storyline and she hangs around him a fair bit. Since she is on top of the pile that means she drags his numbers up.

Yeah, I had before a notation that Gendry's time was highly inflated due to always being around Arya. But I took that off since he should start to be around her a little less now, and other characters will start to surpass him.

Even if the dragons grow up, they might not show much of them.

I really wonder how much money those brilliant CGI dragons cost. Probably more than real ones in Westeros...

First I'd like to say, thank you for finding time to actually do this and count the time....

IMHO, there was not even a second wasted on Tyrion's or Arya's screen time, they are brilliant in every scene.

Ros on the other hand...

And I am really pleased that Sandor started to get more time, this should only increase in coming episodes...at least I hope so...

Next thing that would be interesting to know is number of lines the characters have so far, which might be even more accurate that time on screen.....But such a task must be really time consuming I know....oh oh oh... ;)

Archived