(Book Spoilers) Osha and Theon

In the book she got her freedom by kicking a guy in the nuts and stealing his spear. Why couldn't they have done the same? It would have worked just as well on screen, and it would have been truer to the spirit of the character. But, of course, that way lies no boobies and no nudity, so they changed it. :ack:

It didn't seem very believable. It will probably look very unrealistic for the TV Theon to do in the show.

So I was watching the episode for about the fourth time (can't get enough of this one) with a buddy who, like me, is very much into the books. In the book ,Bran and crew hide in the crypts, we couldn't really recall how they were able to distract Theon/Ironborn to get to the crypt or rather if it was even necessary. However, in the show, we see Osha sleep with Theon to supposedly make sure he's knocked out when they make their escape.

Now this is something my friend brought up, I didn't really think about it at first but now I'm curious as to what others think. Why did Osha sleep with Theon? Are we really supposed to believe it was to keep him preoccupied or make sure he was asleep when they made their escape? The reason I say that is because Osha is still confronted by a guard who she has to kill. She does it quietly and without raising alarm. Why was there a need to sleep with Theon if she's capable of that? Is there any significance of her asking Theon to essentially free her, which he does and then allowing him to live?

Or are we too busy trying to find plot holes when all it really was, was HBO trying to squeak another sex scene into the show with a notable actress?

She would have been put with the rest under heavy guard. Being theon`s woman would allow her to roam freely and the guards would not just kill her outright for being outside at night

That was my question for this scene as well. If you establish the character has a knife and is willing to kill with it, then why wouldn't she have killed Theon with it to make sure she wasn't discovered sneaking out?

The iron born would have gone ape shit, killed and raped everyone and put the castle to the torch,. Theon is the only person at Winterfell who cares about the residents in any way. Also they would have sent everyone out looking for them in the night, but now they have to hold the castle, prisoners and look for them. They would be divided and would send out a smaller search party.

But mostly because Theon was the only one keeping the Iron Born from doing what they do best

• 4 months later...

Archived