Stannis humor

Did Stannis and Tywin ever meet? I'm trying to picture how a conversation between the two would go.

Probably pretty short. The Stannis & Jon show is good enough for me. I hope whatever happens Stannis stays in the North forever. Stannis + Northern men is just pure laughter.

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvBfBFa6gGk - @1:47, I found his little tangent about eating different types of animals completely and utterly hilarious. Not to mention "I suspect you'll be the first crabbers son to wear the badge". And Stannis ripping apart Janos Slynt in the books never gets old.

As far as hypothetical humorous situations, Stannis + Dolorous Edd

• 2 weeks later...

This one comes from the show, or at least I do not remember it being in the book:

Davos: And it's four less fingernails to clean.

Stannis: Fewer.

Davos: Pardon?

Stannis: Four fewer fingernails to clean.

Might not be particularly funny, but I love it.

This one comes from the show, or at least I do not remember it being in the book:

Davos: And it's four less fingernails to clean.

Stannis: Fewer.

Davos: Pardon?

Stannis: Four fewer fingernails to clean.

Might not be particularly funny, but I love it.

I like his casual humor. Like he's so serious when he speaks show and book wise. Funny guy.

I like this from the show..

Some guy: "we could lose hundreds"

Stannis: shrugs "thousands."

Hi all,

I think Stannis is the funniest character in the series, and I started this thread to compile all of Stannis's hilarious one-liners. I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything entirely devoted to Stannis's humor.

My personal favorites:

- "Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."

- "Without a son of Winterfell to stand beside me, I can only hope to win the north by battle. That requires stealing a leaf from my brother's book. Not that Robert ever read one."

What are you favorite Stannis quotes? I could use a laugh on this rainy day!

Be careful, laughing at Stannis got my topics banned :(((

• 1 month later...

Great thread!

One to contribute that I liked, I think it's only in the TV series but still a gem:

When Davos is made Stannis' Hand, it's a great scene that shows the two reminiscing about Storm's End, why they're so loyal to one another, just what Davos means to Stannis, how Davos' father was a crabber and is looked down on for this and so on. It's got all this emotional and powerful build up to the point where Stannis tells the humble onion knight "when I sit the Iron Throne, you'll be my Hand". Davos, taken aback and honoured by this gesture, falls to his knees and thanks Stannis greatly for it.

To which Stannis just says, walking off, "I expect you'll be the first crabber's son to hold the office."

The closest interaction I remember (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is Tywin saying that Stannis was the one to be worried about. That conversion would be epic!!

I think this was some remark by Tywin to idea that Stannis will bend a knee or something. He dismissed it saying that Stannis will fight untlil he dies and them some...

Interesting if it wasn't another moment of foreshadowing.

Not Stannis, but I always liked this one (about Davos):

"An admiral without ships, a hand without fingers, in service of a king without a throne. Is this a knight who comes before us, or the answer to a child's riddle?"

Same kind of dry wit, but from a minor character this time. I could definitely see Stannis saying something much like it though.

Archived