Stannis humor

• 3 weeks later...

Weddings have become more perilous than battles, it would seem.

Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing.

It is not my wish to tamper with your rights and traditions. As to royal guidance, Janos, if you mean that I ought to tell your brothers to choose you, have the courage to say so.' That took Lord Janos aback. He smiled uncertainly and began to sweat, but Bowen Marsh beside him said, 'Who better to command the black cloaks than a man who once commanded the gold, sire?' 'Any of you, I would think. Even the cook.

Your vows are stronger than your bladder, it would seem

The best is the names he gives to certain lords. I can imagine him laughing at his own hilarity deep, deep, deep down.

Oh god, and when he grinds his teeth it's because he's either trying to hold in the mirth, or because no one is appreciating his wonderful wit.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS THREAD.

I love pretty much everything Stannis says.

Oh god, and when he grinds his teeth it's because he's either trying to hold in the mirth, or because no one is appreciating his wonderful wit.

That's an image I really needed. Stannis secretly doubling up over his own jokes.

Stannis grinds his teeth to hide the fact that he's secretly a wonderful, happy man. It is known.

All of the Baratheon brothers seem to have a firm grip on humor honestly, lol.

Robert was so brazen and blunt, the kind of humor that sometimes just makes you shake your head or bust out laughing.

Renly was sarcastic, and a bit cruel somtimes.

Stannis is the king of dry humor.

• 1 month later...

Wait, Stannis always has a serious expression and grinding his teeth right? What if hes just trying to tell jokes and hes pissed because no ones laughing?

this.

This is totally true. He is pissed at everyone because they don't understand his humor. One day he will meet someone that does, and he'll become such a happy person.

lol

Does anybody else have a mental image of Lyanna Mormont's letter being written in crayon, with the i's dotted with hearts and glitter all over the page? It just makes his whole reaction even funnier in my mind.

Hahhhaahhha I didnt but now I do!!!

I don't know why but Stannis is growing on me. If only he woke up one morning and went, Oh I see the errors of my ways I don't need that red lunatic! And put her in the next fish boat to Asshai, thank you very much and don't bother to call.

Archived