Who has the strongest seat?

I think the Eyrie would be the most durable castle in Westeros. There's no way to attack it with a lot of men, or bring forward any siege machines. The terrain is dangerous, which makes the climb to the castle itself almost impossible.

The Eyrie is definitely the hardest to assault but in terms of a siege... If the Gates of the Moon fall and winter sets in while you're up there, you're as buggered as Loras when Renly is drunk and has too much time on his hands.

So in terms of siege I would go with Storms End: unbreakable walls and a secret and probably easy to defend cave for smuggling in supplies

The Eyrie is undoubtedly the hardest to capture, but why would you want to? I'm sure the Gates of The Moon is a strong castle, but probably not impregnable. Once an opponenet holds the gates of the moon the garrisons of the Eyrie and the small way castles are trapped.

Capture the Gates of the Moon, and maybe Stone (is that the next fortification up?). Destroy the access path at a ctitical point. Leave those in the Eyrie to starve. Simples.

Castles are only any good if you can use them to project power. Can't project power trapped on top of a mountain.

I would have said a tie between Storm's End, the Eyrie and Winterfell as they were the only major seats never to fall to an invading army at the start of aGoT (I think at least.) It's safe to assume that Casterly Rock and Highgarden have fell to someone at some point in the past, Sunspear would have been captured by the Young Dragon, KL fell during the Sack, Pyke fell during the Greyjoy Rebellion and Dragonstone has fell numerous times. But after aDwD, Winterfell had fallen once and looks like it might fall again to Stannis, and Storm's End looks like it's going to fall to 'Aegon' at the start of tWoW. For that reason, I would say the Eyrie simply on the point that it's the only castle in all of Westeros never to fall to anyone.

The Eyrie is undoubtedly the hardest to capture, but why would you want to? I'm sure the Gates of The Moon is a strong castle, but probably not impregnable. Once an opponenet holds the gates of the moon the garrisons of the Eyrie and the small way castles are trapped.

Capture the Gates of the Moon, and maybe Stone (is that the next fortification up?). Destroy the access path at a ctitical point. Leave those in the Eyrie to starve. Simples.

Castles are only any good if you can use them to project power. Can't project power trapped on top of a mountain.

The Eyrie is a symbolic place for the Lords of the Vale. If you haven't captured the Eyrie and wiped out/married the Arryn(s) there, you will never have the true allegiance of them, and the allegiance of the Vale is very valuable as it's one of the most fertile and rich regions of Westeros. And without the true allegiance of them, you could have rebellions, raids and potentially seige breaking on your hands.

The argument against the Eyire really falls flat to me. Claiming that if you just capture the Gates of the Moon, and the Eyrie is screwed, well true, isn't that easy. Before they reach the Gates of the Moon they have to get passed the Bloody Gate, which has destroyed dozens of armies in the past. Also the Bloody Gate, Gates of the Moon, 3 Way Castles, and Eyire are all in my eyes. It's not as easy as 'just' taking the Gates of the Moon, that is part of the Eyires defenses as much as Winterfell's walls. Claiming that all you have to do is just take the Bloody Gates, Gates of the Moon, or way Castles, and I'd like to see that, either with a siege or the countless numbers it would take for storm, is like claiming that Winterfell would fall easily if only you took her walls, and waited for the Stark's to starve in the Keep.

Excellent point about the Eyrie. Nobody would probably be able to take it, but good luck holding onto it. I would say its also impossible to mount an attack there during the Winter. Winterfell did not fall to a superior force, merely a tricky one. However, I still wouldn't put it towards the top. Casterly Rock seems pretty well off, given that it's carved from the side of a mountain, kind of reminds me of Helm's Deep. I would say that Storms End is the best. It's already stood up to massive sieges and really depended on the will of the defenders to hold it. For that reason I would put it in front of the Eyrie for logistical reasons, not just physical ones.

The argument against the Eyire really falls flat to me. Claiming that if you just capture the Gates of the Moon, and the Eyrie is screwed, well true, isn't that easy. Before they reach the Gates of the Moon they have to get passed the Bloody Gate, which has destroyed dozens of armies in the past. Also the Bloody Gate, Gates of the Moon, 3 Way Castles, and Eyire are all in my eyes. It's not as easy as 'just' taking the Gates of the Moon, that is part of the Eyires defenses as much as Winterfell's walls. Claiming that all you have to do is just take the Bloody Gates, Gates of the Moon, or way Castles, and I'd like to see that, either with a siege or the countless numbers it would take for storm, is like claiming that Winterfell would fall easily if only you took her walls, and waited for the Stark's to starve in the Keep.

Exactly. And there's also the matter of it having the protection of the entire power of the Vale which is not something to be taken lightly.

Archived