What will Khal Jhaqo do with Daenerys?

Lady Hodor

So we're all familar with the cliff-hanger at the end of a Dance with Dragons, where Dany is left facing a vast khalasar.

And at the head of that khalasar, is Khal Drogo's old... companion? Whatever you might call him, Jhaqo, now a khal.

Dany has no where to go but with them, willingly or unwillingly, so what will happen to her there?

Will it be a typical Dothraki capture in which Dany becomes Jhaqo's new sex toy?

We can't forget that Jhaqo is a Dothraki warlord through and through, and Dany a beautiful woman.

Plus, Dany was supposed to go to Vaes Dothrak to grieve for Drogo for the rest of her days, as is their law.

So she broke Dothraki tradition, and was seen as inadvertantly causing Drogo's death in the first place.

This could mean that this new khalasar is no friend of hers.

Or will the sight of Drogon flying into the distance subdue them to awe and worship?

"He who mounts the world" sort of thing might connect to riding a dragon, if they remember that prophecy.

And really, a dragon is a hell of a lot better mount than any old horse, they'll love that.

Also having a Dothraki army at her back will certainly help Dany's conquering.

This could mean having Dothraki screamers as her allies to retake Meeren.

What do you think?

Depends on the backing ensemble, whether it's Zawinul, Shorter, Hancock or if he's just wandering solo or playing with Dothraki session guys. His mood matters too but I'd say it really comes down to whether Dany's got the chops to keep focused when he goes off into harmonic wonderland. If she's got that temperament they could lay down something really epic.

What's her instrument, btw? Has Martin said?

Well actually Khal Jhaqo found Daenerys eating a charred carcass with Drogon, no?

So I'd say that if Khal Jhaqo doesn't want his ass and 10 thousand horses and Dothraki screamers burned, he'll either help Daenerys or leave her as she is. He'd be fool to try and make her go to Vaes Dothrak or his sex toy with a vast and deadly dragon behind her back.

Actually, Dany's future fate does not depend on Jhaqo but Drogon - if Drogon decides he would rather return home and does not bother to let Dany mount...

Yes, but Drogon flew off and left her with them, we don't know if he'll come back again in time to stop them harming her.

the last Dany chapter ends "Dany rose, wiped her hands on her ragged undertunic, and went to stand beside her dragon.

That was how Khal Jhaqo found her, when half a hundred mounted warriors emerged from the drifting smoke"

So I think the question should be 'what will Daenerys do with Khal Jhaqo'?

Yes, but Drogon flew off and left her with them, we don't know if he'll come back again in time to stop them harming her.

Actually, no. He's right there currenlty, munching on horse.

Actually, Dany's future fate does not depend on Jhaqo but Drogon - if Drogon decides he would rather return home and does not bother to let Dany mount...

Pretty much this. As per her vision in the house of the undying, I am guessing she will go to Vaes Dothrak on Dorgon's back where she will be proclaimed as the Mare who mounts the World.

I beg to differ.

Dany rose, wiped her hands on her ragged undertunic, and went to stand besider her dragon. That was how Khal Jhaqo found her....

I don't think Dany has any reason to spare Jhaqo let alone love him. If drogon eats him doesn't Dany get to braid another bell in her hair and claim his horde as her own?

The Dothraki are not really the most clever of people, if they see a big black dragon, bigger than any mount they've seen, they'll most likely beg her for mercy. Dany knows how Khalasars work, she could kill Jhogo with a simple dracarys and let the khalasar follow her back to Mereen. I don't know the number of the khalasaar, but let's guess it's bigger than 20 thousand. If Dany gets to Mereen, joins up with her Unsullied and Barristans new made Knights, Mereen will bend their knee. She even has two more dragons, if they come to her aid, the victory will be hers.

the last Dany chapter ends "Dany rose, wiped her hands on her ragged undertunic, and went to stand beside her dragon.

That was how Khal Jhaqo found her, when half a hundred mounted warriors emerged from the drifting smoke"

So I think the question should be 'what will Daenerys do with Khal Jhaqo'?

I agree. I don't remember Drogon flying off. But I'll check it. Even is he flew off, Khal Jhaqo doesn't know how much control Daenerys has over him, so she can tell him Get lost, or my dragon will come back and roast you.

The Dothraki are not really the most clever of people, if they see a big black dragon, bigger than any mount they've seen, they'll most likely beg her for mercy. Dany knows how Khalasars work, she could kill Jhogo with a simple dracarys and let the khalasar follow her back to Mereen. I don't know the number of the khalasaar, but let's guess it's bigger than 20 thousand. If Dany gets to Mereen, joins up with her Unsullied and Barristans new made Knights, Mereen will bend their knee. She even has two more dragons, if they come to her aid, the victory will be hers.

I suspect something along these lines, as well. Somehow, I think it is not going to end well - the Yunkai'i will probably be defeated but I have this feeling that Daario might die and Daenerys will retaliate with blood and fire.

Depends on the backing ensemble, whether it's Zawinul, Shorter, Hancock or if he's just wandering solo or playing with Dothraki session guys. His mood matters too but I'd say it really comes down to whether Dany's got the chops to keep focused when he goes off into harmonic wonderland. If she's got that temperament they could lay down something really epic.

What's her instrument, btw? Has Martin said?

Dany is a typical soprano saxophone. Beautiful, passionate and naive :)

Archived