Will Tyrion and Tysha ever reunite?

FacelessDude

I hope that Tyrion and Tysha don't end up meeting because their story was a long time ago and if they fall in love all over again that would be a little too cheesy for George Martin. I hope that we do see Tysha again though, but through someone elses eyes... maybe lucky Samwell lol any ideas who she would run in to? Maybe Tysha is a priestess or something now.

But I kinda hope Tysha is in a bad place myself... maybe she turned in to a sad whore who is crazy about her lost love... justify how Tyrions emotions are rational because each lover had been so fond of the other. Who knows, maybe Sam will get some! lol

They are certainly not going to be happy ever after. But I think they may meet again, only for Tyrion to realize that it's too late and it will never happen. Or he may find out she's already dead.

To be honest, it's quite likely that Tysha is dead somewhere in the lands around Casterly Rock. Even if she wasn't actually a whore (spoilers), then sleeping with Tyrion so soon after almost being raped means she can't exactly be of a high moral fibre. Let's not forget, Robb's armies did a lot in the Lannister lands, and judging by the hanging of the women who 'lay with lions', I doubt Tysha would have lasted through the war.

And I hope that Tyrion give up on her. To be completely honest, he needs a story arc, after KL, that doesn't revolve solely around whores, or women who might have been whores. It's all a little repetitive, and I thought the business with Shae was by far the worst part of his story, pre-aDwD

What the fuck?! I don't even know what kind of weird misogynistic bullshit this is. :ack: It doesn't even make any sense. How does either being sexually assaulted, or losing her virginity to Tyrion, make her "not of a high moral fibre"?!

And you seem very confused, there was no war when Tyrion was 13 year old, and Robb Stark was about 3-4 years old.

• 10 months later...

Recently, while re-reading ADwD, I've had a sudden idea: what if Tysha is Pretty Meris, it was said she had been a victim of a round rape by some other "company" and she definitely didn't like Westerosi. I know there are no evidence supporting this, it's just an idea.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think they will end up happily together. Their romance  happened too long ago and was very short. Though tyrion idolized Tysha and their love, he only knew her several days and we don't know how long would last if it wasn't interrapted. But I hope that Tyrion will finally find out about her fate and will let it go.

• 7 months later...

I've just finished ASOS and yes, I found Tyrion's infatuation with Shae irritating, too. 

But I came away with the following thought:

Tyrion and Tysha are legally married, AFAIK. That means his marriage to Sansa, apart from being unconsummated, is technically bigamous.

What kind of repercussions can these points have on the plot, if any?

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2017 at 6:53 AM, Prof. Cecily said:

I've just finished ASOS and yes, I found Tyrion's infatuation with Shae irritating, too. 

But I came away with the following thought:

Tyrion and Tysha are legally married, AFAIK. That means his marriage to Sansa, apart from being unconsummated, is technically bigamous.

What kind of repercussions can these points have on the plot, if any?

I thought Tywin got the marriage annulled.

Archived