What piece of history gets you the most excited?

Angel_gon

The title is self explanatory, but I just wanted to see what pice of backstory that you come across while reading peaks your interest. Obviously we would like the backstory to every event, but that just seems unlikely. For me, any mention of Roberts Rebellion gets me excited, the 1st Greyjoy Rebellion not so much. So what history do you find most interesting/exciting while reading and why?

Ex,

Roberts rebellion

Tourney at Harrenal

Reign of the Mad KIng

Tower of Joy

Aegons Conquest

Children of the Forest

...and many more

I always like reading about the Tower of Joy and The War of The Ninepenny Kings. The history of The Disputed Lands are very interesting to me.

I'd also like some more details about Valyria before the Doom, specifically the War with Old Ghis.

The Blackfyre Rebellion also seems like an interesting period in history.

Welcome to the forums Angel:)

The Signing of the Pact interests me greatly. Well, anything about the Children of the Forest, actually:) I'd love a retro chapter of Robert before the rebellion. And a lot more info about the old Kings of Winter.

ALL OF IT!

Seriously, I can't fecking pick. The more backstory the better. If you held a knife to me throat and made me pick... I'd say hearing about the youths of the main players i.e. Ned, LF, Jaime and so on.

Then I'd take the knife and stab you for making me pick.

I agree with etu... though maybe offer up a couple of picks a bit more willingly, lol.

1. Anything about the history of westeros from dunk/egg times through Roberts Rebellion. (ToJ!)

2. History about Asshai, The Faceless Men. Valyria. The Old Gods/CotF/Those who sing the song of Earth.

3. Dragons/Others.

I can't choose between the Tower of Joy and the Doom. These are probably the two biggest events in the book that we really know nothing about, and the impact from these two are still being felt to this day. Also, I really want to know what went down with Ser Arthur, Ned, and the others. (No, not those Others)

I agree with etu... though maybe offer up a couple of picks a bit more willingly, lol.

1. Anything about the history of westeros from dunk/egg times through Roberts Rebellion. (ToJ!)

2. History about Asshai, The Faceless Men. Valyria. The Old Gods/CotF/Those who sing the song of Earth.

3. Dragons/Others.

In fairness, I am bloody wasted here.

I really sodding want to know about the Others. And if Martin doesn't tell us what happened with Ashara Dayne by the end of the series, I shall write him icily polite letters comparing him to Janos Slynt in morals, Tyrion Lannister in looks and Renly Barethon when it comes to satisfying women. In the nicest way possible.

With that note, I shall go to bed.

Archived