What piece of history gets you the most excited?

Angel_gon

-The Doom of Valyria

-The Blackfyre Rebellion

-Robert's Rebellion/Tower of Joy

-The Long Night

-The Warrior Queen Nymeria

-The Knight's King

And a more minor one: Bran the Builder and the giants building Winterfell and the Wall.

I'd like to know more about King Rickard Stark, the fella that defeated the Swamp King and married his daughter. It extended the northern territory to include the Neck. I'd like to know if the Reed family existed then.

And I'd like to know more about the Isle of Faces.

Well I take it as a given that The Tower of Joy and the Tourney of Harrenhal will be revealed.

That said, the number one story I'd like to hear more (and don't think I'll get to) is anything to do with the Sunset Sea and those who vanished trying to sail across her.

Robert's Rebellion, the time before the Targaryens - where there were 7 kings in Westeros and they always warred on each other, and, well...

I like the Adventures of Howland Reed the Little Crannogman. Seems like the lad's lived a good life. And he sounds like such a good person, too.

From what we don't know explicitly, I'd like to know the backstory of the maesters and the birth of the Citadel.

"What piece of history gets you the most excited?"

Maggy the Frog Prophecy, all hail queen Margaery(or Myrcella?), the first queen on the Iron throne in her own right since the promise of Rhaenyra.

I agree, way too much interesting history to pick just one thing. In fact, the backstory of ASoIaF is probably one of THE best backstories I've ever read (and we don't even know the half of it yet)! Sometimes I actually enjoy the backstory more than the current storyline. :D

Right now, I am especially interested in:

~ All the stories of Old Nan about the North in general, the Last Hero, the Night's King, anything about Winter, the Others, and the Long Night

~ Mentions of the various stages of peoples, the CoF, the First Men, etc., especially in the North

~ History of the Night's Watch

~ Anything about the pre-Targ past of the various Northern houses (especially Stark vs. Bolton)

~ Roose revealing Ramsay's darkly folkloric (imo) origins

~ Anytime any relating to the past and the crypts in Winterfell is mentioned

~ History of beyond the Wall

~ Raising of the Wall

~ Hardhome (just thinking about it gives me shivers)

~ The Doom of Valyria (how/why it happened, the role of slavery, role of the Targs/Dragons, etc.)

~ Not revealed yet, but: why/how the dragons eventually disappeared (and the diminishing of magic)

~ Pretty much everything going on during the Dunk and Egg time period (including Bloodraven and the Blackfyres). I know that doesn't really count, but I absolutely adore that whole storyline and want more. :)

~ On a related note......Summerhall :(

~ The Kingswood Brotherhood (I love the colour this adds to Martin's world)

~ The more immediate backstory, aka the classics: Tourney at Harrenhal, Robert's Rebellion, ToJ

Archived