A Look at A Man Without Honor

Westeros

As the screeners have dried up, reviews here on out will no longer be posted earlier than Monday… and after quite a few hours of work, I’ve finished up most of our material for A Man Without Honor. The usual video we create won’t be done until tomorrow, however—apologies for that, but writing the recap, analysis, and chapter-by-chapter breakdown took most of the day!And for those interested, here’s the preview video for “The Prince of Winterfell”.

Visit the Site!

I've read the analysis, and I only want to say two things:

1) I too kept saying Torrhen Stark in my mind, because it's so easy, but it really is Torrhen Karstark.

2) Jon's predicament at the end is worrisome, but the ep 8 preview suggests that he manages to escape the wildlings; and hopefully after that reunites with Qhorin, and the rest is history

I have to agree with Ran about Qarth. I honestly felt like I was watchng Dr. Who, or some sort of pastiche of same. Whilst I understand what they were trying to do with Pyat Pree (in the HOTU he keeps popping up when she's finding her way through the doors etc) - I don't know, there was something just a little tacky about it all. And I certainly wasn't convinced at all by Xaro standing up to announce his 'King of Qarth' moment. All in all, I was very disappointed with Qarth tonight.

I generally disliked reading about the eastern civilizations such as Qarth and Mereen. They've always seemed boring and extraneous to me.

That said, I've never been expecting much from Dany's scenes based there, which is unfortunate because that is basically her entire arc as far as we know it. I was pleasantly surprised by the Dothraki scenes of season one, but so far I'm just not enjoying the east in season two.

The strange customs and theatrical speech of the thirteen reminds me of a bad Star Trek episode or something.

I enjoy the rest of the season so far, however.

Archived