You have gained the ability to teleport to Westeros.

I would teleport with a digital camera, a camcorder, a gun, lots of batteries, film, and ammo. I would drink wine and hang out with Tyrion. Then I would visit as many places as I could, and do whatever the heck I wanted to do, then come back with the proof.

No they really can't. Musket balls had problems passing through armour. Modern weapons can easily pass through steel plate but it wasn't true with the advent of the gun made these useless. It took a while for guns to become powerfull enough. Steel Plate armour when it was used was the armour of the gentry and wealthy. Warefare changed in the 17th century to be fought more by citizens than by the gentry. They couldn't afford plate armour and the state couldn't afford to equip so many men with armour. This lack of a need for armour allowed armies to increase in size dramatically.

But before the 19th Century you'd have a hard time piercing armour with a gun. Now you'd be fucked in armour, and as a previous poster said you'd have to pick the shrapnel from you armour out of your body as well.

You are thinking of the arquebus which was the predecessor of the musket. Suits of armor were tested by firing one into them from range. Even that firearm could pierce plate at close range though. The musket made armor obsolete as ammunition had become more powerful. They were made prevalent at the start of the 18th century. It was still possible, but unlikely, that a musket ball wold not pass through armor at longer range but by the mid 18th century rifling had been discovered and was being used in muskets.

I would also say that the arquebus wouldn't be considered a weapon that was considered prevalent in warfare because of its limitation. The Musket was the game changer.

Hm. I have access to a whole damn arsenal, so let's take that AK47 to a few people.

King's Landing: Pose as a serving maid to sneak into the castle. It would take some effort, likely, since I'm not a fighter, but I'm sure I could eventually reach the Queen of Paranoia and blast her in the head. Oh, but not before I kill Varys first. I'd teleport Tommen back home and put him in a good foster care system so he can actually have good parents, but sadly that's against the rules :frown5: . After Cersei and Varys are dealt with, Qyburn goes. I'm not even going to risk dealing with Robert Strong. These particular assassinations would likely need smaller weapons for maneuverability. A 9mm should do the trick just fine. OH, and Randyll, too. That guy's such a shithead.

Winterfell: A good off-road vehicle should be able to handle that weather, so let's go Ramsay hunting. Roose, you're next. Like Pelki said, I'll drop some dentures off for Theon.

Pyke: Damn, I wish I could bring a nuke. I guess just killing everyone I see will have to suffice. Except Rodrik. Seems like a good fellow.

The Eyrie: First thing: skydiving. Then go back and kill Littlefinger.

The Twins: This one's already been mentioned but really, the list wouldn't be complete without them. Just detonate a couple of bombs in the towers. Real big ones.

The Riverlands: Sorry, Stoneheart. You're clearly a very bad influence on the Brotherhood, and I need to save Pod, if he's still alive. Since getting close to Stoneheart probably means I'll need to be taken hostage by the Brotherhood, I'll also resort to handguns for this job. Easier to carry around.

Meereen: Already been mentioned, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Other places to go:

Valyria: I just want to know what's there.

The Wall: Just for a visit. I like the characters there, I want to meet them. Plus, great view. I'll bring generators, space heaters, canned food, can openers...I think that should about do it. Actually, Stannis could probably benefit from those things, too. I'll bring them to Winterfell. I'd have brought that stuff to Bran during his travels but he seems covered for now.

Braavos: No particular reason. It just sounds awesome.

The Citadel: Modern textbooks (calculus, mechanics, chemistry, etc.) and a couple of modern devices like light bulbs or walkie talkies or something, maybe a few modern blueprints for big skyscrapers or bridges. Just watch 'em go nuts.

Wherever the hell Bran is: I want to see the children!

Everywhere I go: Pepper spray. Just hand a few cans out to every woman I encounter.

Hmmm... Was thinking of more stuff to take with me to Westeros:

My semi-auto shotgun and a shotgun reloading kit (powder etc...)...

I'd go collect all of the dragonglass that i could and load shards of it in the shotgun shells... Bring it on, Others!

Also a bunch of cig lighters...screw working too hard to light a fire...

Edit: i'd also get a thesaurus and rip out the page with other words for "stupid" on it...a gift for Arya...

Depends on the bullet and what was propelling it forward.

The old thick plate armour of old does seem to be quite tough though.

I wouldn't expect it to stop a really powerful gun but lets say, a 9mm from 10 feet away?, would it go through plate armour?.

After throwing Walder Frey off his bridge I would go to Greywater Watch to get some answers from Howland Reed. Then I would travel to Meereen and castrate Daario (so Dany would stop spending every second thinking about shagging him). Then I would drag Dany all the way back to Pentos, without stopping, and dump her on the next ship to the Stormlands.

I would very carefully plan out my trip and take a semi-automatic pistol for protection, basic hygiene (toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc), warm clothes, and some food in case I need it.

I would first go to King's Landing to take a look at the biggest city first hand and see how things were being handled with Kevan Lannister's death.

I would then feel some slight stomach pain and notice a strange taste in my mouth, but I'd think nothing of it.

I would also go to the wall to see what happened to Jon Snow. At this point my stomach is really hurting and I'm getting strange rumbling feelings and a tightness deep in my stomach around my belly button.

I'm on my way to old town to see the Maesters when my bowels rupture and I collapse with a splitting pain in my stomach. As I slowly die of septic shock I remember the condition "no person or animal is able to travel with you" and grieve how obvious my demise would be. When I teleported to Westeros I left behind the millions of bacteria that symbiotically live in my body to aid in digestion and other processes and within a few hours everything goes haywire, leading to my death.

Oh, the humanity!

Similar to Fallen's idea I would bring my Ruger 10/22 about 300-400 rounds to take down unarmoured enemies and for hunting.

I would also bring my Remmington 700 BDL, as much as I can carry in rounds that the 22 leaves in my pack. And go hunting for...bigger game.

Maybe bag myself a lioness pelt, show the Bolton Bastard how we hunt in the 21st century. Hell maybe see if a dragon can take a bullet chambered in .308 to the face.

Hmmm, don't think I'd bring much more than the clothes I was wearing--- yeah, yeah, boring I know, but I would likely find my way to the Quiet Isle--feign an injury and use my time to sneak around and find a certain someone that may be there, hehehe. :blush: It's such a pity you can't bring anyone back with you.... ;)

'Borrow' a crap-ton of antibiotics, IV fluids, IV start kits from work, and some medical books and manuals, bring all my nursing, medical-surgical, IV, diagnosis, and pharmacology books with me. Become a god when I cure someone of Pale Mare with either some good ol' IV Cipro or Acyclovir (whatever pale mare is, I'd bring something to kill it.) Ease the pain of the rich Lords and Ladys with Percocet, deliver babies safely (with my new fangled handwashing and isopropyl alcohol) and prevent maternal hemorrhage with some IV oxytocin. If I could teleport back and forth indefinitely, I'd disguise myself as a man to avoid the whole rape thing and work with Maesters, bringing back more medicine and technology, teaching a select few and they teach more people, to better serve the people of Westeros or Essos. Become known as the Father of Medicine in the history books.

Right behind you with Dictatorship for Dummies on my ipad (solar charger included).

Ha Ha. we can each have a Tower.

After Censored Wolf and I secure the Twins, I'll come back to our time and pick up a Star Trek Lightsaber and a blowtorch. Then I'll land at the wall and convince them I'm the Prince that was Promised with the lightsaber and bar-b-q some Others with the torch.

Archived