The Dragon Has Three heads.....(ADWD spoiler)

Patchface. Patchface is definitely the third dragon.

Of course, I joke. I do see why Tyrion could make sense as he does fit in with most of the patterns the Jon + Daenaerys theory provide. The green egg being near Drogo's head could definitely signify knowledge and wit, which as we all know Tyrion has a lot of.

If Tyrion was the third dragon, I'm fairly confident that he would let Jon and Dany have the throne whilst Tyrion would just be happy with what is in his mind, rightfully his; Casterly Rock. That's all the poor little guy wanted in the first place. Well, that and daddy's love.

But I agree we shouldn't limit ourselves to just focusing on Tyrion, because knowing what George R. R. Martin is like, he'll pick someone we never saw coming, or kill off a dragon or something. I thought about house colours. The Targaryens are black and red (Drogon), Starks white and grey, though technically Jon is a snow (Viserion), but green and bronze? Lannisters are red and gold. Martells are orange and red. The closest I know of is the Tyrells with their green and gold banners.

I think what Summer saw in Winterfell was simply the comet, but the whole suddenly disappearing thing is what confuses me. The comet was in the sky for a prolonged period of time, so surely it wouldn't just disappear? Maybe George is playing with us.

Patchface. Patchface is definitely the third dragon.

Of course, I joke. I do see why Tyrion could make sense as he does fit in with most of the patterns the Jon + Daenaerys theory provide. The green egg being near Drogo's head could definitely signify knowledge and wit, which as we all know Tyrion has a lot of.

If Tyrion was the third dragon, I'm fairly confident that he would let Jon and Dany have the throne whilst Tyrion would just be happy with what is in his mind, rightfully his; Casterly Rock. That's all the poor little guy wanted in the first place. Well, that and daddy's love.

But I agree we shouldn't limit ourselves to just focusing on Tyrion, because knowing what George R. R. Martin is like, he'll pick someone we never saw coming, or kill off a dragon or something. I thought about house colours. The Targaryens are black and red (Drogon), Starks white and grey, though technically Jon is a snow (Viserion), but green and bronze? Lannisters are red and gold. Martells are orange and red. The closest I know of is the Tyrells with their green and gold banners.

I think what Summer saw in Winterfell was simply the comet, but the whole suddenly disappearing thing is what confuses me. The comet was in the sky for a prolonged period of time, so surely it wouldn't just disappear? Maybe George is playing with us.

Tyrion had one green eye and one black one. Why couldn't it have conveniently been bronze!

I am extremely confident (and have been since the theory was presented) that Jaime is the prince that was promised. Of course, you would have to believe he and Cercei are Aerys II Targaryen's bastards (which I do).

Someone tells Jaime that he is not his father's son in terms of personality, and Tyrion IS. This would make the dynamic between Tyrion and Tywin that much better IMO. Also the fact that Jaime and Cercei are incestuous. And Cercei is mad as shit, a trait she picked up from her dear old dad. The blonde hair can be explained by Joanna's genes. Because I don't think the Targs have strong blood-lines like the Baratheons/Tullys. The only reason they retain the platinum hair and purple eyes is through incest.

Cercei is destined to be Nissa Nissa. It fulfills the prophesy of her being killed by her valonquar. And I think he has light bringer already (made from "Ice").

I think there was a reason GRRM gave his character such an arc and also made him a POV character, and to me, this would explain it.

The three heads of the dragon are Dany, Jon, Jaime......one connection I made between them is hands. Jon has his burned hand, Jaime has his missing/gold hand, and Dany has....(Im sure I could find something).

THOUGHTS..............

Supposedly GRRM says the story "the ice dragon" is not set in the universe of ASoIaF. Not to say there's not any info to be gleaned there, but we might want to avoid direct correllations (ie ice dragons make no sound). It's like you said, if that is just a wolf's description of a comet/fire, GRRM was really messing with our heads there lol.

Completely open to the idea we are not meant to take anything important from that description - however, The Ice Dragon book is a GRRM book - it talks about the Land of always Winter. So from my POV i think it's crazy to completely dismiss it. Even if it's not to be taken literally - George has been known to say he would not throw away a good idea. He kept the LoaW bit so why not the Ice Dragon stuff or some aspects of it? It's not cement, but doesn't have to be to inspire.

The Comet theory i forgot to add on my list before. But i'm not completely opposed to this, although the challlenge for me is getting my head around the wings bit... since comets don't have wings... but there are quite a few times in the books where people see things differently - in an almost symbolic way... like Theon during the wedding of Ramsey and Jeyne... he sees red-bulls and vultures etc... instead of people... If the comet is meant to represent a Dragon falling to Earth then Summer may see this in a more symbolic way - and therefore Bran too. However, the other bit that doesn't make sense is that; if it was a comet... why did it suddenly disappear, having lingered so long?

@ Melisandra -

Just you asserting something doesn't make it so
I'm not sure i get what you mean... did i not use the word "maybe" enough? Or forget to phrase things as questions? Can you point me to where in that passage GRRM gave an 'audio' description of the roar rather than a visual one? You are right... you would think there should be sound... but it's not mentioned.. "it's roar sounded like thunder rolling off the hills?" - i was just pointing out what GRRM had literally written without making any assumptions, and even said after it may be nothing... :rolleyes:

Firstly it's not a Dragon.... :bang:

It's roar was not a roar... it was a river of flame... this implies there was no sound...

But the annoying bit is simply: Bran never mentions it again - if it was me seeing a Dragon i wouldn't shut up about it... so that's weird... and strongly implies it was NOT a dragon... but if it's not a Dragon - or a flying Wyrm or whatever... then that's an incredibly pointless, misleading red herring to throw in ...

I've read most theories on it:

• It was just smoke and fire and wolves and readers are stupid

@ Melisandra - I'm not sure i get what you mean... did i not use the word "maybe" enough? Or forget to phrase things as questions? Can you point me to where in that passage GRRM gave an 'audio' description of the roar rather than a visual one? You are right... you would think there should be sound... but it's not mentioned.. "it's roar sounded like thunder rolling off the hills?" - i was just pointing out what GRRM had literally written without making any assumptions, and even said after it may be nothing... :rolleyes:

Your phrasing of your sentences are assertive and definitive. I was just reacting to how you worded it. And your little animation of a head beating itself against a wall implies that you think anybody that thinks otherwise has got to be stupid.

I would think that just the word "roar" implies a sound.

Your phrasing of your sentences are assertive and definitive. I was just reacting to how you worded it. And your little animation of a head beating itself against a wall implies that you think anybody that thinks otherwise has got to be stupid.

I would think that just the word "roar" implies a sound.

The head banging was meant to be a joke about how frustrating it is that GRRM hasn't just said: "Dragon" ... :)

Wasn't meant to come across that i thought people were stupid - that would just be mean!

SNIP... However, the other bit that doesn't make sense is that; if it was a comet... why did it suddenly disappear, having lingered so long?

Snip...

It's gotta go sometime huh? LOL j/k. IDK I am conflicted about it as well. If there was any other mention of the beast, even in a passing Northern rumor, I could buy into it. With the current evidence I just can't say it was anything other than creative wolfspeak.

This was a good thread to discuss that but maybe we're getting OT. We should be looking for hints of the 3 heads, the hand connection was interesting above poster.

Tyrion seems like a strong candidate to me due to his knowledge of dragons and his saddle designs. I feel Daenerys and Jon are destined to be a romantic couple, married, but I don't think she'll have two husbands. Even though I think the dragon having three heads will be a reverse of Aegon and his wife-sisters. Dany will have Jon and Tyrion, but Tyrion won't be a husband.

I think Tyrion is a Lannister. The passage where Jaime is speaking with his aunt Genna - from the wiki:

When she reminisced to Jaime about his father Tywin and felt less protected with him gone, Jaime tried to reassure her that Tywin had left a son, her aunt replied she knew that and that was what scared her the most. When Jaime asked why her reply was... “ "Jaime, sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak...but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you. I said so once to your father's face, and he would not speak to me for half a year."

I can't help but think that this is a factual statement.

I agree, Genna could be an "unreliable narrator" in this instance. In any case it was her opinion that Tyrion resembles/takes after Tywin, and not exactly a Westerosi DNA test. I agree with the above poster, killing Tywin as his father is just as epic as if he was not (ie he and Jaime swapping murders).

Theres also no reason why Tyrion couldnt be smarter than his Father if he has Targ genes... Tywin was cunning but the Lion puts pride before honour, and Tywin did not invade, capture and rule 7 kingdoms... That was Aegon - so the Targs arent exactly dumbasses. Genna is what i would consider to be an unreliable narrator, Jaime ignores her advice on Edmure and his choice proves right. Therefore GRRM has made her fallable. Not that it gaurantees she is wrong about this but its not a good indicator :)

I personally dont cherish the prospect of Tyrion being a Dragon rider, but it seems the way its going. Targ or not. It may only be temporary (a Dragon dowry for Sansa would be nice) but putting Bran in a saddle seems like a good foreshadowing for him at least being the Dragon-master. But you would expect him to have experience riding a Dragon to do this properly...

And jamie also says after the threats to edmure. Who is my father's son now..in refrence to he is like tywin. And genna never said tyrion looks like tywin. On the contrary she meant he is smart like tywin. We already know tryion has lannister features but those could come from joanna. We'll see who the riders are eventually and we'll learn if there will be three dragons. Cause george confirmed there will be another sort of dance of dragons. Maybe with victarion or with anyone trying to steal them or kill them

I think the three heads will be Dany plus Victarion and Jon. Dany will ride Drogon, Victarion will use his horn and control Rhaegal and Jon Snow will control Viserion who will fly to the wall. Viserion will represent Jon's father and Ghost his mother, both will stand by his side as he faces the others. Once Jon is reborn from fire Viserion will be drawn to him. Dany first needs to go North to go South, meaning she has to fight the others besides Jon before she can claim the iron throne.

I like the idea of Jon + Ghost + Viserion.

I always felt (with no real good reasons) that Viserion should belong to Jon because he is white. I saw a nice symmetry in the white wolf and the white dragon fighting in the white north.

Of the three, Viserion seems the most loving. (If you can refer to a dragon that way-loving?) He used to sit on Dany's shoulder. Unlike his brothers, he just let himself be led into the pit. He also carved himself a cave out of the pit. That speaks to him thinking a little more out of the box than Rheagal.

But, in the end, I have this gut feeling that Jon will not be a dragon rider. If he is not dead (and please don't make him undead), I think Jon will fight on with his wits and abilities.

Dragon riders may come to the wall, but as much as I would like for Viserion to see his destiny and head to the wall, I don't think it will happen.

Maybe it will be Rheagal and his rider?

I like the idea of Jon + Ghost + Viserion.

I always felt (with no real good reasons) that Viserion should belong to Jon because he is white. I saw a nice symmetry in the white wolf and the white dragon fighting in the white north.

Maybe it will be Rheagal and his rider?

I like this idea, colours correspond to dragon riders. White Viserion corresponds with Jon Snow and the North. Also Viserion seems to be the most cuddly of the three. Just ask Ben Plumm.

Red and black Drogon corresponds to the Targaryen sigil and he is too wild and hard to tame.

Rhaegal has green and bronze scales. His egg was green with bronze flecks. Tywin Lannister had green eyes with gold flecks. Even if Tyrion is not his son, he is still his nephew. The green could symbolize Tyrion's eye colour.

Far fetched, I know, but it is just a thought.

Archived