(Book Spoilers) Arya and Tywin, what if........

What if D&D were to switch things up in the series and have Tywin reveal to Arya the he knows who she is. Slightly unrealistic, but hear me out.

We know that Jamie will be released by Catelyn Stark at some and it's been hinted that it will be this season, we also know that Tywin has spies within the northern ranks, so it's likely that when Jamie escapes, word will get back to him at Harrenhall. Once this has been revealed it is possible that out of a sense of honour Tywin will reveal to Arya he knows who she is and let her escape the castle quietly and peacefully.

Tywins a smart man and he knows enough about his cup barer to put two in two together, he knows she fled Kings Landing by posing as boy with the nights watch recruits, knows she is well educated, a Northerner and strongly suspects her to be highborn, he is also aware of the love she holds for her father who passed away. So it is possible that he either suspects or has deduced that she is a Stark.

It's true that he thinks both Stark girls are in Kings Landing, but it's unlikely that he wouldnt rule out the possibility however small, he is very interested in Arya and this could be the reason why, it's not as if she is going anywhere, she is as much a prisoner as a servant as she would be a highborn hostage.

It's also been noted by several forum members that in an upcoming scene with Arya and Tywin, he does something that changes her mind on him, now we know they have had a few chats so far and Arya still wants to stick a knife through the back of his throat, so it's still to come.

Personally I think it would be a great inclusion, lets be honest the producers have no qualms about changing aspects of the storyline, just look at Theons, their motto seems to be that as long as the end point is the same, changes can be made to better tell a story. If released Arya would still be out in the Riverlands and free to go through the Hell of ASOS, granted we wouldn't get so see her slitting a guards throat, but it's a price I’m willing to pay.

So.....thoughts? :)

NO WAY Tywin would ever ever ever let Arya Stark go.

No offense, but I hate it, hate it. Goes against everything Tywin is about

I've got to agree that he would never, ever let Arya Stark go. She is too valuable of a hostage, and while I think he suspects that she is highborn, I do not think he suspects she is a Stark. I could see him figuring out it was her once he returns to King's Landing and discovers that they do not actually have Arya in custody. As far as Tywin knows, Arya is safely in custody in the capital and until he is told otherwise, I think he will just figure she is a noble of a lesser house and probably thinks she won't be escaping from Harrenhal so he doesn't need to take a lesser noble into custody.

Perhaps he doesn't address who she is because he rushes out of Harrenhal once he hears that Stannis is on his way to King's Landing. A lesser Northern noble girl wouldn't be a bigger priority than the impending Battle of the Blackwater.

I honestly am not sure where they are going with the Arya/Tywin dynamic, but I do not think it will be with him revealing that he knows she is Arya Stark.

I've got to agree that he would never, ever let Arya Stark go. She is too valuable of a hostage, and while I think he suspects that she is highborn, I do not think he suspects she is a Stark. I could see him figuring out it was her once he returns to King's Landing and discovers that they do not actually have Arya in custody. As far as Tywin knows, Arya is safely in custody in the capital and until he is told otherwise, I think he will just figure she is a noble of a lesser house and probably thinks she won't be escaping from Harrenhal so he doesn't need to take a lesser noble into custody.

Perhaps he doesn't address who she is because he rushes out of Harrenhal once he hears that Stannis is on his way to King's Landing. A lesser Northern noble girl wouldn't be a bigger priority than the impending Battle of the Blackwater.

I honestly am not sure where they are going with the Arya/Tywin dynamic, but I do not think it will be with him revealing that he knows she is Arya Stark.

I'm pretty sure we're not going to get Weasel soup....which sucks. That, Jon and the Halfhand getting hunted down by Rattleshirt (and Jon switching sides) AND Tyrion's chain and we basically lost 3 of the best and most TV friendly scenes in the book.

I could see him figuring out it was her once he returns to King's Landing and discovers that they do not actually have Arya in custody. As far as Tywin knows, Arya is safely in custody in the capital and until he is told otherwise.

Imagine what happen when Tywin get aware that he had Arya at Harrenhall, and his reaction :devil:

Tywins is probably going to set out for Kings Landing next episode. so I think that he'll leave, Arya escapes, he arrives and hears that Arya is missing and realizes she was right under his nose.

I believe E10 includes the aftermath of the Blackwater; Tywin will surely figure it out then. I can't wait for that scene - I see an epic double-facepalm. Of course, he'll also probably blame Tyrion for it.

Tywins a smart man and he knows enough about his cup barer to put two in two together, he knows she fled Kings Landing by posing as boy with the nights watch recruits, knows she is well educated, a Northerner and strongly suspects her to be highborn, he is also aware of the love she holds for her father who passed away. So it is possible that he either suspects or has deduced that she is a Stark.

It's possible, but I think it's likely (given that he's been led to believe Cersei has both girls) that he will return to Kings Landing and have a major face palm moment when he realises who his cup bearer was.

Tywin and most of his men will leave next episode but he might leave instructions about his favorite cup bearer, keep her there and keep her safe.

Littlefinger may or may not have recognized her and may or may not have told Tywin, it really doesn't make a difference, shes pretty much a captive all ready and she ammuses him. It would be safer to leave her with his garrison than bringing her to the battle.

I think that Tywin will reveal that he knows who Arya is and that will be the impetus for her departure from Harrenhal. (whether he currently knows her identity is a separate issue, but he will know it at some point.) Things are pretty comfy for her there right now, so there's no real need for her to leave and risk the dangers of the road/starvation. Once she knows that Tywin knows her identity, she'll be too frightened to stay (even if he doesn't have any intention of hurting her).

You know might be interesting and horrifying. If once Tywin gets back to King's Landing and he finds out ARya is gone. Him and Littefinger have a chat, and Littlefinger is the only one who knows Tywin had Arya and lost her at Harrenhal. So Littlefinger tells Tywin, who really knows what Arya looks like, we can just give the Bolton's some young whore from my stable. So now Littelfinger indebts himself to Tywin and that's how they pull off the ruse with fake Arya.

Now that I think about it, maybe that is why D&D wanted Littlefinger in Harrenhal. they maybe wanted Littlefinger to have a lil blackmail/ secret info on Tywin, so only he knows how Tywin sort of messed up, but Littlefinger is also the one who comes up with the solution. This is smart thinking by D&D actually.

You know might be interesting and horrifying. If once Tywin gets back to King's Landing and he finds out ARya is gone. Him and Littefinger have a chat, and Littlefinger is the only one who knows Tywin had Arya and lost her at Harrenhal. So Littlefinger tells Tywin, who really knows what Arya looks like, we can just give the Bolton's some young whore from my stable. So now Littelfinger indebts himself to Tywin and that's how they pull off the ruse with fake Arya.

Now that I think about it, maybe that is why D&D wanted Littlefinger in Harrenhal. they maybe wanted Littlefinger to have a lil blackmail/ secret info on Tywin, so only he knows how Tywin sort of messed up, but Littlefinger is also the one who comes up with the solution. This is smart thinking by D&D actually.

If Tywin, TV or book Tywin, would believe or get aware that LF fooled him, LF dead would be so horrifiring that they would write a ballad like the rains of castarmere about it. No negotiation or blackmailing Tywin don't need this

If Tywin, TV or book Tywin, would believe or get aware that LF fooled him, LF dead would be so horrifiring that they would write a ballad like the rains of castarmere about it. No negotiation or blackmailing Tywin don't need this

Let me rephrase. Not blackmail him. But he would come to the solution quickly for Tywin which would endear him to Tywin. Remember in the books Tywin tells Tyrion that he trusts Littlefinger and that he has served house Lannister well. Littlefinger keeping the scret of Tywin losing Arya and then coming up with the idea for fake Arya, would definitely endear himself to Tywin.

Let me rephrase. Not blackmail him. But he would come to the solution quickly for Tywin which would endear him to Tywin. Remember in the books Tywin tells Tyrion that he trusts Littlefinger and that he has served house Lannister well. Littlefinger keeping the scret of Tywin losing Arya and then coming up with the idea for fake Arya, would definitely endear himself to Tywin.

I don't think so, this would make Tywin vulnerable and this is a no go, everybody could come with the fake arya idea, and i the books LF help to broker a alliance between Lannister and Tyrell and didn't fool Tywin this way, Tywin wouldn't forgive such a affront

Even as a person, who likes Tywin and always rushing to his defend, I can't see him giving up a valuable hostage. I agree with some poster here, that he will probably leave for KL and have his personal facepalm moment later. I can see, how LF could help him out - he would probably find the right words, so he wouldn't end up becoming 'Rains of Castamere 2.0'

see, this is a prime example of d&d making changes that just don't really work when you stop to think about them. i know everyone loves the tywin/arya dynamic, but it creates a tywin paradox. either tywin knows she is arya stark, or he doesn't. if he does know, why the hell is he letting her run loose around harenhal while her brother continues to whoop his ass time and again on the battlefield. so logically, i have to eliminate that possibility. yet tywin is so smart that he's put together that she's a highborn girl from the north, who's father was killed for "loyalty," who needs to disguise herself as a lowborn boy. yet tywin's not smart enough to put those bits of data together to figure out who she really is. how many highborn girls are the lanisters hunting?

Archived