What potential plot development do you dread the most?

Jolene Brown

Any increased role for the Ironborn, especially involving that ridiculous dragonhorn. (Probably inevitable.)

A "good" king or queen plopping down on the Iron Throne and making everything A-OK, obliterating any critique of patriarchal feudalism as a social and political system. (Still hoping it won't happen.)

That Tyrion reunites with Sansa or Tysha who decide they're going to forget everything bad done to them and just randomly happen to love him because of his massive plot armour.

Sansa "getting over herself" and finding Tyrion attractive. :ack:

Sansa and Arya never reuniting. :crying:

Arya as a professional assassin who will never be united with her family.

Apart from that, I got nothing. Maybe just fewer Ironborn in general.

-Tyrion dying!!! :bawl: /GROSS SOBBING

-Tyrion never getting any kind of closure with Tysha

-Tyrion and Penny ending up together

-Tyrion never interacting with a dragon (in a good way obviously, I don't want Drogon to burn and eat him)

-Tyrion being a Targ, but I'd quite like Jaime and Cersei as Targs.

-Ramsay torturing Theon again. Enough, already.

-Mance Ryder dying

-Jon romantically involved with someone after Ygritte. Worst of all Jon/Dany. Ewwww!!!

-Jon dead/brought back undead but dramatically changed

-Bran becoming a tree (everytime I think about it, I can't help thinking about the film "how harry became a tree" but with bran )

-Arya becoming a FM and forgetting about her previous Stark identity

-Arya never reunited with Nymeria :frown5:

-The Hound dead and/or reapparing for a brief moment just to be slaughtered

-UnGregor NOT killed by Sandor!

-Dany lusting over Daario again!

-Dany not forgiving Jorah

-Jorah still depressed

-Dany on the Iron Throne

-Brienne killing Jaime :crying:

-Qyborn torturing someone I like

-Ironborns getting more chapters (boooring!!!)

-Tommen dead!! :crying: I think I can handle Myrcella, but not Tommen, he's too precious for words

Tyrion dying before the very last pages of the books. I want a tyrionlike crazy, impressing, creative and plot deciding finale for him - if he has to die at all. And he should have a moment, at least an ephemerical one, of true love and happiness before AND SOME REALLY GOOD SEX! I think this character deserves this and I already hear the virtual outcry about misogynistic, sexist, self centered and in the way of a certain heroine's bliss..........well, I don't care! This truly inventive literary character deserves a writer's special diligence.

And, at least as important: if Arya's storyline is reduced to a cheesy shipping problem, when there are so much more important questions about identity, as person and as woman, coming of age, responsability and guilt are involved.

And, please, not a Harry Potter ending with little Starks, little Targaeryens, little Lannisters all taking the same train to the Citadel.........that is, maybe if the little girls are included..... and better, ship the whole bunch off to school instead of teaching them how to kill........

Something else I would hate: If Martin takes sides for the Starks as the good guys and girls, presenting their claim as the morally superior one while the sly Tyrells, the greedy Lannisters and the mad Targaeryens are per se on the wrong side! Meaning the Stark kids would be allowed to survive while Tommen, Myrcella and Shireen have to die. Let's not forget: to the average Martinworld peasant one lord is an oppressor just like the other one and a war, started for the morally most superior reasons by the least evil lord so far has only added to the smallfolks' misery.

Something else I would hate: If Martin takes sides for the Starks as the good guys and girls, presenting their claim as the morally superior one while the sly Tyrells, the greedy Lannisters and the mad Targaeryens are per se on the wrong side! Meaning the Stark kids would be allowed to survive while Tommen, Myrcella and Shireen have to die. Let's not forget: to the average Martinworld peasant one lord is an oppressor just like the other one and a war, started for the morally most superior reasons by the least evil lord so far has only added to the smallfolks' misery.

I totally agree with this! I truly hope that in the end this is not what it comes down to..Though Martin has already shown that Starks are capable of just as much cruelty, as a part of war, as the others. Especially when, I think, one of the Mormonts and the Greatjon (?) assuming under Robb's orders raided the West taking livelistock amongst other things. We know how these raids are, it being a part of war is really no excuse. The smallfolk there would curse the Starks, and with good reasons.

The Starks getting whiped out but saving and eliminating the threat of the others for all time. At the same time, Dany finally comes to Westeros and finds most of the fighting men dead after defeating the others and proclaims herself savior and takes credit for the victory. She would crown herself and no one would have the strength to stop her. Another Targaryen dynasty begins. This is the worst case scenario. I would rather have the others take over Westeros than Dany.

Tyrion dying before the very last pages of the books. I want a tyrionlike crazy, impressing, creative and plot deciding finale for him - if he has to die at all. And he should have a moment, at least an ephemerical one, of true love and happiness before AND SOME REALLY GOOD SEX! I think this character deserves this and I already hear the virtual outcry about misogynistic, sexist, self centered and in the way of a certain heroine's bliss..........well, I don't care! This truly inventive literary character deserves a writer's special diligence.

And, at least as important: if Arya's storyline is reduced to a cheesy shipping problem, when there are so much more important questions about identity, as person and as woman, coming of age, responsability and guilt are involved.

And, please, not a Harry Potter ending with little Starks, little Targaeryens, little Lannisters all taking the same train to the Citadel.........that is, maybe if the little girls are included..... and better, ship the whole bunch off to school instead of teaching them how to kill........

I can understand why you would feel this way. However, I am not sure that everything is as black and white as you say as the situation stands at the end of aDwD. For example, can we really say that the Lannisters are really "bad" (other than Cersei)? IMO, as it stands now Jamie has evolved into sympathetic character. From the very beginning of GoT Tyrion was portrayed as the black sheep of the Lannister family, in that he had a sense of decency and morality that appeared to be absent in Lord Tywin and Cersei. Also, as to the Starks GRRM seems to have set up Catelyn and, to a lesser extent, Sansa, as ending up less than honorable.

Arya is gonna be a FM. She has noone left to turn to but the HBW. She is still a warg to the bone. She has started using other animals on her own. Noone else did that except Bran when he took over Hodor at Queens Crown. She is gonna keep on killing who they say to until the Many faced god sends her one of the people on her list for good service. When she ventures to Westeros she will be like Aegon but with a pack of 100+ wolves. She will basically be the god of death with her face changing control over beasts and overall mastery of killing ppl. She will loose her maidenhead to Qyburn right before she kills the mountain in the red keep(i think the Ghost of High heart was alluding to this WAYYYY before any of this came to light)

I don't want our sweet Bran to be stuck underground as a tree for the next thousand years. Even if it allows him to "fly," and see everyone at all times, etc. I just don't want it. I want him to be Lord of Winterfell and rebuild the castle and be the next Bran the Builder.

Definitely don't want to see zombie Jon.

Don't really want to see Dany in Westeros - would love to see her be queen of somewhere south, or the craziest Khaleesi the Dothraki have ever seen, or something like that.

Don't want to see young Griff really be the heir - too random.

. She will loose her maidenhead to Qyburn right before she kills the mountain in the red keep(i think the Ghost of High heart was alluding to this WAYYYY before any of this came to light)

ok, this might be the thing I want the LEAST - Arya losing her maidenhead. To anyone!! She's a little girl!

Well, I can see how some people might not like having all these secret Targs being thrown on the map. I didn't like Aegon being thrown into the story at first either, for that reason (once I read about some of the Blackfyre speculation I started to like it, however).

But I make an exception for Jaime and Cersei, because I actually think them being Targs enriches their story instead of cheapening it for all the reasons I mentioned above. Tyrion being a targ doesn't add anything to the story imo, and that's why I dislike that possibility. And Jaime and Cersei would actually be Targ bastards, not Targs, if that matters at all.

I agree. The Twins being Targ bastards adds so many layers of dramatic irony to the books, and explains so much about their characters. I do agree there's probably a few too many possible Targs knocking about at this point, but in this case I really don't mind it.

Sansa becoming the Queen of anything

Qyburn getting off easy

Cersei's champion, Robert Strong, winning his duel

Arya being sent to kill Dany

Maegery dying

Jon Snow being resurrected

The Others having a cartoonishly villainous reason for invading

Mel not being burned alive by a dragon

Loras being totally okay

The Jeyne Westerling Jamie saw is the real Jeyne

Theon dying

Tyrion getting a happy ending in any shape or form